Part 13 (People Get Lost, They Survive)

CJ and the others made it back to the highway and told Dale and T-Dog what had happened with Lori and what the girl on the horse had said about Carl.

"Shot?! What do you mean shot?" Dale asked with wide eyes.

"We're not sure, Dale," CJ said with her hand on her hips.

"All we know is this chick rode in out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori," Glenn explained.

Dale looked at Daryl and furrowed his eyebrows. "You let her?"

"Climb down out of my ass, old man," Daryl shot back defensively. "Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name, and Carl's."

"Look, our group is separated. We need to make a plan to get back to the others and make sure Carl is okay. We should head to that farm," CJ suggested. Most of the others agreed, but Carol was hesitant.

"I won't do it. We can't just leave," she said, shaking her head.

"Carol, the group is split," Dale tried to reason with her. "CJ is right, we're scattered and weak."

"What if she comes back and we're not here?" Carol asked.

"If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful," Andrea argued.

"Okay, we gotta plan for this," Daryl said. "I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight."

"If the RV is staying, I am too," Dale nodded in agreement.

"I'll stay too," CJ added, sending Carol a small smile.

"Thank you, all of you. Thank you," Carol said quietly, returning CJ's smile.

"I'm in," Andrea shrugged.

Glenn stepped forward. "Well, if everyone else is staying-"

"Not you, Glenn. You're going," Dale said, cutting him off.

Glenn rolled his eyes. "Why is it always me?"

"You have to find this farm. Reconnect with our people and see what's happening," Dale answered. "Most importantly, you have to get T-Dog there. He has a serious blood infection from that cut. See if they have antibiotics at the farm because if not, T-Dog will die."

"Why'd you wait 'til now to say anythin'?" Daryl asked. He went over to his bike and pulled a plastic bag out of his pack, fishing through it. "Got my brother's stash. Crystal, X... don't need that... Got some kick-ass painkillers," he said, throwing the pill bottle to CJ who caught it and read the label. "Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. First class. Merle got the clap on occasion."

"Oh," CJ grunted as she scrunched her nose and shook her head at the pill bottle. "Did not need to know that," she muttered, tossing the bottle to Dale.

"Well, if you two are gonna go, go now," Dale instructed to Glenn and T-Dog.

The pair headed over to the car and got their stuff ready to leave. CJ came over and hugged Glenn. "Stay safe," she said softly, pulling away from him.

"You too. See you tomorrow," he replied, tapping her shoulder with a smile.

CJ then turned to T-Dog. "And you, I hope they can help you."

"Yeah, me too," T-Dog chuckled. "See ya."

Later that night, CJ was sat atop the hood of a car near the RV with her legs crossed, reading a book from Dale's collection. It was a shit book, but it was something to focus on other than worrying about Sophia and now Carl too. She was humming a random tune quietly to herself as she read.