|| Second thoughts ||

Steve just stood in shock. Eddie, the man that had been ghosting inside Steve's head for a week, standing in front of him.

"Steve?" Eddie questioned as he got eye level with Steve, though they didn't have a major hight difference.

Steve left his trance, "oh uh- m- sorry, come in" he just willingly let Eddie into his house. great.

"sorry for the surprise, Robin said her parents were making her do some thing with them and sent me" after he said that he pointed at himself with his thumbs and slapped them down to his legs.

"so uh- what's going on?" Eddie asked standing in the entree way with his hands stuffed into his pockets facing Steve's back as he closed the door. Steve couldn't bare looking into Eddie's deep dark eyes, it was like looking into a luring black hole.

Steve turned to Eddie, looking down at his feet. "oh just don't feel so great.."

"ah now i see why you didn't go" Eddie looked down at his feet aswell, a frown played on his face.

Steve brought his hand up and brushed it through his messy hair. "Shit man i'm sorry, i just felt like crap and i didn't want to go there being slumped" Steve now looked up to Eddie, Thankful that Eddie was now also looking down at his feet, his frown burning through Steve's chest.

Eddie looked back up with a smile, "i'm just fucking with you man, i don't care" he laughed.

Steve gave an awkward chuckle and wrapped his hand around the back of his neck.

"oh you can sit down" Steve gestured his hand to the couch as he looked at Eddie.

"oh thanks man." he sat down on the couch, manspreading and practically taking up the whole couch.

Steve eventually walked over to the couch and sat down. his stomach burning and his hands shaking. frequently bringing a hand to his face when it would get hot.
the two sat in silence for a moment, both not knowing what to talk about. and Steve mostly just didn't want to talk at all.

"so uh- how long have you've known Robin?" Eddie asked, looking at Steve with his palms on his knees.

Steve took his hand down from his face, his elbows resting on his knees and his hands clasped together. "oh for a while" thank the heavens Eddie mentioned Robin, it helped clear his mind and calmed him down. "we sorta have the back story.." he laughed to himself

"oh that's nice, me and Robin met back in band."

"you do band?"

"well, not necessarily. i just go there occasionally when i ditch class"

Steve opened his sweaty hands, rubbing them on his sweatpants.

"so you wanna do something?" Eddie said looking around him, his eye was mostly on the Tv.

Steve's head dropped, he really didn't want to spend anymore time with this Stress ball of a person, but maybe this will ease him down.

"sure, wanna watch a movie?" Steve stood up, heading to his Tv stand with all the VHS tapes.

"hell yeah! you got horror?" Eddie smiled, rubbing his hands together.

"uh- yeah" He didn't want to watch a scary movie right now, any other time they could've watched a horror movie. or just any other person.

"which one?" Steve stepped aside the stand, looking at Eddie slouched over with his elbows on his knees. Eddie got up and walked over to the stand to pick a movie,
Steve's heart raced just being near him. he quickly walked back over to the couch and sat down.

Eddie slipped the VHS tape in the player and sat down next to Steve to where there legs could touch if they inched them over. Steve rubbed his face as he looked at the screen, not trying to think about Eddie and how close he was, but just on the movie.

"It's the shining" Eddie said, his arms resting on the back of the couch.

"hmph not that scary" Steve said, staring at the Tv.

"yeah alright we'll see" Eddie smirked as he looked back to the Tv.

at 40 minutes in the movie they hardly got scared, mostly because Robin would make Steve watch this movie with her at work, but also because he was focused on Eddie, he wish he wasn't but just being this close to Eddie was nauseating.

Steve was watching the movie when something grabbed his neck. he jumped so hard from this as Eddie was cracking up. Steve looked behind him and saw Eddie's arm on the back on the couch then looked at Eddie

"omg that was hilarious" he sighed as he wiped his teary eyes, still chuckling.

"yeah whatever." Steve pouted, crossing his arms.

Eddie grabbed Steves far ended shoulder and shook it, "you weren't getting scared so i had to give my own pizzazz" he chuckled, letting go.

Steve felt shocks all along his body, his stomach burning as he hid his unbearable smile.

though Steve hated Eddie's guts for making him feel all jittery, he made him feel warm under all the tingly and uncomfortable feelings.

Steve forgot the rest of the movie at an hour in, usually when Robin made him watch it he'd get bored and rummage through the movies and sort them on the shelves.

Steve jumped hard on one of the jump scared and pushed into Eddie's side, looking at Eddie's eyes as Eddie looked at his, Steve seeing his reflection in Eddie's puppy eyes. he quickly scooted away from him. "sorry." mumbled to Eddie.

"it's alright"

and Eddie's smile, a smile could never be so contagious then his. his dimples more visible and eyes squinted when he'd smile.

maybe Eddie wasn't all that bad.

____________________________

An: don't ask why i uploaded this at 2:00 in the morning😟