|| skipping work..||

Monday, 8:33 Am
~
Steve was daydreaming all day at work, now just realizing he might actually Love Eddie. he was wondering if he actually did since the beginning but just thought it wasn't true, his mind telling him lies. cause Steve Harrington isn't gay, never thought he'd would be. he's never found a guy attractive in his life, but Eddie.. he's something else, he has this hypnotic spell that sends Steve in a loving trance every time.

"Steve you alright? you've been dozing off a lot today.." Robin snapped in Steves face, he jumped and looked at Robin, worry then grew in him, wondering if he should tell Robin if he liked the freak guitarist he met a month ago, maybe shorter. he brushed his hair out his face, giving her a fake smile. "yeah of course, just dozing off more today" Robin knows he dozes off a lot, most of the time it just happens when there's nothing on his mind. he hoped that's just what she thought.

"alright if you say so" she then turned back to the shelf, 'organizing' the VHS, which were already organized but it was something to look over when you had hardly any people coming in. Steve hummed as he set his hands in him palms, gandering outside of the store. something caught his eye for a moment, 3 familiar kids walking in the arcade by Family Video.

"hey Robin? is Hawkins high closed today?" he moved his head slightly to Robins direction, still watching the kids walk into the arcade. "yeah i think so, why?"

"oh i think i just saw Dustin, Mike, and Lucas walk into the arcade" Robin then walked over to the counter to take a look for herself, the 3 kids talking outside, most likely waiting for someone.

"wanna go over?" Robin suggested, looking at Steve. he looked at Robin, wondering how she could just ask that question like it's no big deal, "Robin. we can't just leave this place unsupervised" Steve turned his body to Robin and put his hands on his hips.

"Steve it's fine, we'll be back before anyone notices"

"and if Keith is working there today?" Steve tilted his head.

"Steve he doesn't work there anymore" Robin gave a short laugh after, her hands sneaking in her pockets.

"really? i thought he works here and at the arcade?" his hands falling off his hips and fell to his side.

"no he stopped working there. now come on, let's pack up" Robin turned and grabbed her bag

"whoa whoa i didn't agree!" Steve stepped next to Robin waving his hands around as she stuffed her bag.

"well i don't need your approval" she stood up and smiled to Steve before she went to the door. Steve walking behind her like a little duck, blabbering about he doesn't think this is a good idea. Robin ignored him and locked the door up, flipping the sign to say closed, and heading to the arcade with her bag hung from her shoulder. Steve moped behind her, repeating that if they got in trouble none of this would be his fault.

"hey guys!" Robin waved to the teens waiting, they waved back but confused. "aren't you guys supposed to be at work?" Dustin asked, looking at Steve slumped behind her. "yes but Robin thought it was a swell idea to come over while we have work" Steve stated, standing next to Robin with his hands rubbing his eyes in frustration.

"yup! it's fine, they won't know" Robin added, her hands holding his hips with a smile. "well alright, we're waiting for Eddie and Max" Dustin said. Eddie? since when does Eddie go to arcades?

"Eddie goes to arcades with 15 year olds?" Steve asked a little confused.

"yeah Steve is something wrong with that?" Dustin argued.

"uh a little but whatever" Steve held his hands up as a surrender.

"oh there's Eddie!" Lucas said pointing to the tan and white split van pelting in parking lot, the tired screeching as if pulled into the parking spot. Steve winced at the tires, how could anyone drive like that? he'd hurl just from the turns he'd make.

"hey nerds!" Eddie hopped out the van, his arms spread out like he was wanting a hug. Steves hands were on his hips, giving Eddie a blank look.

"Robin? Steve? what are you two doing here?" Eddie walked up to them, patting them on the shoulders as he walked to the kids.

"Robin wanted to leave work to go to the arcade" Steve said in a irritated tone. Robin pushed Steves shoulder and added, "it's fine, they won't know"

"yeah i sure hope, don't want you two losing your jobs" Eddie teased, his arms crossed looking at the two.

"it's just Robin, not me" Steve stated

"yeah alright. come on let's get in, Max can come in when she's here" Eddie pulled the kids in the arcade. Robin followed along while Steve groaned walking in, he was done with games and such after last night. he was tired, but no one else was.

Robin played a couple of games while Steve leaned on one of the games, watching everyone playing. to be honest, he wanted to play at least one game but didn't want to waste him money on it.

Eddie walked up to him, handing him a dollar, "here, play a game" Steve looked at the dollar then to Eddie's face. he waved the dollar down, "no it's fine" he refused, crossing his arms back.

"Come on Steve~ it's not gonna kill u" Eddie waved the dollar in his face, smirking with a chuckle silently added. he rolled his eyes, snatching the dollar from Eddie, "fine, just so you'd stop waving it in my face" a small smile formed on his face as he walked up to a game. he didn't care which one, he just wanted to get it over with.

he started the game, winning a couple of rounds before dying. he scuffed as his hands fell on the game. "you aren't that bad after all" Eddie said over his shoulder, chewing on candy he bought from the counter. "what do you mean by that?" Steves eyebrow rose, turning around as his back leaned on the game and his hands holding the side of the machine.

"oh nothing, didn't think Harrington would be into video games"

"didn't say i was" he crossed his arms, looking at Eddie with a blank expression.

"why so sassy?" Eddies head tilted, his usual smirk on his face.

"i don't know what your talking about"

"mhm" They both looked at each other for a moment without talking before Dustin came up, "uh hey Eddie can you help with this one" he looked to Steve then to Eddie with a concerned face.

"sure kid, coming" he didn't take his eyes off Steve until he took a few steps away, Steve rolled his eyes and look the the other way. Dustin gave Steve a look before he walked back to the game.

"alright Robin you ready to leave?" Steve nagged as he walked up to Robin who was playing a game, "hold on! i'm busy" she said not taking her eyes off the game, her tongue placed on her lip slightly in concentration. he leaned on the game next to her as he waited for her to finish.

"Hey Steve" Eddie called next to him, walking up to him.

"what?" he looked over, Eddie was awfully close to him. he scooted over a tad as his face was getting all red, "can you help me with this assignment today? it's a pain in the ass and i need help" Eddie asked

"uh, no" he looked away from him.

"come on Steve! i'm gonna fail this class if i don't do it!" he begged, he clearly didn't want to fail this year by the looks of it.

Steves hands slapped to his face, groaning. "fine" he mumbled, he knew he would keep nagging him to help so he gave in.

"Thank you! come after work!" he gave him a quick hug before walking back to the kids.

Robin grinned at Steves agitated face but didn't say anything, "alright let's go" She walked to the door, Steve followed behind with his hands clinging on his neck. he was done with people, he just wanted to be alone. but didn't want Eddie failing once again. they both hopped in Steve car and he drove Robin home.

he dropped her off, she turned around before shutting the door, "have fun tutoring" she winked and closed the door, walking up her drive way. he rolled his eyes and headed it Eddie's house.

____________________________

An: arcade idea from ConnieR-B's fanfic 'mutation' ! a short but very good fic:)

i will delete this chapter and do a new one if they are uncomfortable with me using the arcade part👍🏼