|| hope ||

Eddies eyes widened, his whole body shut down.

"you- you what?" He blurred out, though he mostly knew that Steve liked him, it still blew him away hearing it fall out his mouth.

"I like you Eddie. like, like-like" Steve smiled, a laugh added to help with the awkwardness.

"are you sure?" Eddie's hands clasped together in his lap. he wanted to date Steve so bad, but he didn't want to lead him into all the troubles of loving one another. to dating each other.

"yes Eddie, i don't care about all that shit that comes along with it. as long i'm with you during it all" Steve reached for Eddie's hand, the sweat on Eddie's hand spread on Steve's. Eddie felt as if he was exploding, his stomach turned looking at Steve, looking at his Boyfriend.

"ok" Eddie said, his voice cracking. a smile on both their faces. Eddie hugged Steve tightly, squeezing him. Steve laughed as he hugged him back, twirling his hair on his finger.

"you know you have really sweat hands" Steve whispered in his ear. his face buried in his neck, taking all the scent of Eddie. Eddie pushed away, Steve landing on the bed on his back. "man i wonder why" He chuckled, looking at Steve laying down on the bed. he sat back up, rolling his eyes.

Steve stood up, Stretching his arms. his scars showed more this time, a pink scar mark on both sides of Steve waist. Eddie stared at them, wondering what they could had been from. "i'm hungry, you got anything to eat?" Steve groaned, walking out Eddie's room down the hall.

"i can order something if you want" Eddie raised his voice so he could hear. walking out his room, following Steve.

"i don't know what though" Steve huffed, leaning on the island with his arms crossed.

"pizza?" Eddie walked in, standing next to    Steve with his hands on his waist

"no i'm not in the mood"

"umm"

Steve cut off his thought, "you have anything to cook with?"

"lemme see" He walked pass Steve to gander in the cabinets and fridge.

"hmm, maybe pancakes?"

Steve snorted at Eddie, "pancakes? uh no"

"what wrong with pancakes?" He said turning around to look at Steve's cocky face

"nothing, i just don't eat them at 9 pm"

"right" Eddie rolled his eyes turning back around to look for something else.

"how about we just order something" Eddie turned, walking up to Steve to stand in front of him. "like what"

"pizza" Steve snorted again, a smile forming on his face.

"god Harrington your a dick" Eddie grumbled, heading to the phone.

"i know" he sassed and walked to the couch, turning on the Tv to a random station.
____________________________

6 days later, Sunday, 5:23 pm
~
today Eddie's concert weren't playing, some of the players were busy with traveling so they couldn't play. instead, Eddie, and Robin went to Steves place to hang out and swim. Robin ended up bringing Vicki along since she thought she was third wheeling.

"Steve do you have beers?!" Robin shouted from outside, her feet dangling in the pool.

"Yeah, hold on!" he walked to the fridge, grabbing a couple beers and heading out to the pool where Vicki and Robin where sitting next to each other on the edge of the pool, he smiled to himself as he gave her a beer, peeking out in the driveway seeing if Eddie was here. once he sat down in the lounge chairs they heard a screeching in the driveway. "that's him" he sighed, grunting as he got up to head to the front door. he opened to door to Eddie bouncing up the steps, holding beers and a bag of weed. his shirt was already off while he was wearing swimming trunks and his hair pulled up lazily.

"hey!" Eddie smiled, pecking Steve on the cheek. "hey" Steve smiled back, taking the beers off his hands, putting them in the fridge. "look what i brought~" Eddie sang, dangling the bag held by his fingers.

"Eddie." Steve groaned, crossing his arms. "you being drunk is enough, you're not gonna be able to drive home"

"who said i'm driving myself home?" Eddie placed his hands on his hips, cocking a smile at Steve's red face.

"come on." he said sternly, grabbing the bag of weed, throwing it on the counter and pulling him outside.

Robin turned hearing footsteps, "Eddie!" she shot up to give him a hug. "hey" he laughed, hugging her back. she let go, holding him by his arms, "sorry you don't have your concert today" she pouted, letting go of his arms.

"oh it's fine, guys need a break" he waved her pity off, looking to Steve's direction. he seemed nervous, iffy on something, but he couldnt put him finger on it.

Steve held the hem of his shirt, his hands shaking as he looked down. he didn't want to take his shirt off, the scars hurt him to just look at. even if the memories were gone and over with, the scars made them all come flooding back in his mind. as if there was a barrier for those memories and those scars could crash through it and tear it all down.

Eddie walked over to Steve, a hand on his shoulder, "you alright?" Steve's head turned quickly, alarmed by Eddie's touch. the look of concern in Eddie's eyes eased him down a tad. "oh um- it's nothing" Steve smiled, brushing down his shirt. Eddie let go his his shoulder, his eyebrows frowned as he nodded. "im gonna go change, i'll be back" Steve mumbled, heading in the house.

Eddie watched as he walked in the house, all he could think is why Steve would be so worried. is he insecure of his body? he hoped he wasn't, Steve was perfect in every way to Eddie, nothing on his body was a flaw. his head whirled if he should follow him, seeing if he's alright. but his other thought told him he was being to nosy and rude. he ignored them and went upstairs to Steve.

Eddie knocked on his door lightly, "Steve? you alright?" his voice soft through the door. Steve jumped, pulling his shirt back on quickly and opened the door. "yeah?" his hand ran through his hair, looking at Eddie's face. a face he couldn't look away from.

He walked in, closing the door gently before turning back to Steve, "Steve something's wrong, you can tell me.. only if your comfortable" Eddie reached for Steve's hands, gripping them tight. he looked down, his head bumping his chest. "Eddie, i-" he started but stopped, he didn't know what to say, he didn't have anything to say. he sighed as he leaned back up, "i'll just show you" he mumbled, taking his shirt off.

the Bites presented like big bold signs on Steve's body, something an eye catches instantly. "they're um- Bat bites" he chuckled, his hands falling to his sides. all the memories flooding back.

"holy shit Steve" Eddie's mouth spilled out, the scars were bad ass in his opinion. he must have gone through hell to get those. he looked back up to Steves face, "oh Steve i'm sorry- but dude, those look bad ass" He scratching his arm.

"really?"

"hell yeah! having those kind of scars are real metal" Eddie chuckled, putting his hands on Steves side. Steve smiled, feeling so damn happy that he's dating this shit head. he helped him whenever he could and made just about anything feel great. him just being near him made his whole day. Tears formed in Steves eyes and he cupped Eddie's face and kissed him. Eddie's hands moved up and down his side. Steve let go and looked Eddie in the eyes. "your a dork." he mumbled, his smile not falling for a second as he looked at Eddie's face.

this was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, hoping the future would give them some sort of hope.