|| mixed emotions ||

Saturday, 11:35 am
~
Steve ended up passing out on the couch. his face smuggling the pillow and his leg hanging off the couch. he finally decided to get up after waking up and falling back to sleep. he grumbled as he went upstairs to his room.

he opened the door, greeted with the Tank top Eddie gave him, sitting on the back of his desk chair. a ball or rage and angst filled his body, he balled his fist and flung the tank inside his closet and closed it. he sat down at the edge of his bed, covering his face with his palms. he didn't want to be mad at Eddie, hell he loved Eddie for all he knew. but the reason he's going through all this is because of Eddie. this was all Eddie's fault.

Steves eyes began to water, gripping the sheets laying next to his thighs. then the phone rang, Steve snapped out of his emotional state and looked towards the ringing. should he answer it? but what if it's Eddie, he doesn't want to speak with him. or he just doesn't want to talk to anyone.

he just let it ring, looking down at his hands on his thighs. then his eye laid on the ring on his thumb, a black, bulky ring. it was Eddie's. Steve smiled on how much Eddie had given him, he wished he'd be with Eddie. but they're both guys. sure Robins a lesbian but on the way she puts being gay, it's really, Really hard. you ask out the wrong person and bam, your hated upon. the same happened to Eddie. and yeah Eddie gay, but Steve didn't even know if he liked Eddie for sure.

The ringing stopped, then went again. Steve covered his ears and went to unplug the phone, then he heard a bang on his door, he paused before slapping his hands to his face, groaning.

Why won't they just leave me alone?!

Steve walked down stairs, his hand scratched the back of his neck as he opened the door. as he expected, it was Robin, out of breath and her bike crashed on the driveway.

"Omg Steve are you ok?!" Robin grabbed Steves arms, shaking him as his hand fell from his neck.

"yeah i'm fine." he mumbled, pushing Robins hands off his arms.

"do you.. want to talk about it?" Robin asked letting go of Steves arms. Steve wanted to talk about it badly, but he felt it would be right to talk about it with Eddie. but maybe he could throw some stuff off his chest.

his head bowed, running his fingers through his hair, "um- Yeah.." he said, moving to the side of the door for Robin to come in. Robin came in and they both sat on the couch, Steve was to nervous to talk even though he wanted to talk. his leg bouncing and picking at his nails.

"so um- first, are you and Eddie a uh?.." Robin asked, making a kissy motion with her hands. Steve slapped it away quickly, "No! well i-" Steve redirected his answer

"i'm not sure, I mean i don't even know if i like him or not.." Steve sighed, looking desperately at Robin.

"well do you get like tingly feelings around him and your stomach go-" She made another gesture to her stomach and whirled her hands. Steve smiled and slapped her hands down again, "can you stop with the gestures?" he laughed at saying it. Robin rolled her eyes with a smirk, "finee"

Steve changed the subject back, "well yeah"

"well that might mean you like him, has he been acting all like- uh- flirty?" she asked, not sure if 'flirty' was the right word.

"sort of but that's just Eddie right?" Steve hasn't known Eddie for that long, but Robin has, so she might know.

"well not really- he's cocky sure but not all flirty"

"but Robin im not gay. i've liked girls my whole life, hell i liked Nancy for the longest time!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air.

"well their is a way to go around that" she smiled. Steves arms fell down to his legs, his head tilted in confusion.

"it's called being bisexual, where you like girls and boys. think that fits you?" Robin put a finger on Steves chest. Steve froze, thinking about this sexuality he's never heard before. after a long minute of thinking he decided that might be him, but not sure enough,

"i think, but i'm not sure though.." he looked at Robin with his hand on his neck.

"that's alright, it takes time to understand. i didn't just wake up and feel gay" Steve laughed at that, giving Robin a long loving glare, he was so lucky to have a friend like her. she always said on how lucky she is to have Steve, but Steve was lucky to have her. Steve gave Robin a long lasting hug.

"thank you Robin.." he mumbled in her shirt.

"of course!" Steve pulled away and hugged his knees.

"Sooo does this mean there's one more gay in Hawkins?!" Robin exclaimed, shaking Steves shoulders.

"shut up" Steve smiled and brushed Robins hands off.

"Oh, and you should talk to Eddie, he's pretty upset" She pointed, before getting up from the couch. Steve had other plans for that. "yeah yeah i will" Steve waved Robin off as she opened the door, "have a nice bike home!" Steve yelled before she flipped him off and closed the door. he laughed and got up to going to bed, He stretched before heading upstairs and falling asleep with Eddie's ring still attached to his thumb.