Epilogue Volume Three, Graduation and Farewell...

I blocked his attacks, jumping above his leg sweep, Chip has been improving quickly, and he is pushing me into a corner, albeit I was not taking him seriously. The kid missed an attack I capitalised on, unleashing a flurry of attacks. All of which he blocked in the sequence. Is it possible that he knew the pattern of my attacks?! Going for a leg sweep and thrusting my blade, I felt his blade slam into mine, sending it flying away... Chip had won, and I lost. This marks the end of his apprenticeship; I watched as Chip, who was in utter disbelief. Darkness ran up to him and brought him into a bear hug as she spun.

Darkness: "You've done it! Chip, you did it!"

The rest of the party congratulated him on his victory and his graduation. I looked at the boy surrounded by his family until he broke through and walked up to me.

Chip: "Master, I passed, right?"

(Y/n): "Why are you questioning it? You have graduated, young one. No, longer do you need to call me Master. (Y/n) is simply fine."

Chip: "Okay, (Y/n). Thanks for the time you spent on me."

I almost ruffled his hair, but I held back and, extending my arm, shook his.

(Y/n): "Wait, here I have something to celebrate your graduation."

Going back into the house, I headed to my room and brought the blade. I inscribed runes just for the day Christopher succeeded at besting me and graduating. Then, going downstairs, I held the sword in its sheath towards Christopher, who graciously accepted it.

Chip: "What does this mean, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n): "It means that you are no longer under my jurisdiction and are free to do whatever you want."

Chip: "Then that means I can join another party or even form one of my own?"

I merely nodded in his direction.

Kazuma: "Do you hate us that much, Chip, that you're going to leave us immediately."

Megumin: "I don't think he'll ever want to leave Kazuma; you have the best mage of the Crimson Demon clan."

Aqua: "Little Chip, take your time to spread your wings."

Seeing the scene unfold, I noticed that I no longer am needed here. So, as I headed inside to gear up, I called.

Chip: "(Y/n)! Where are you going?"

(Y/n): "I will be heading to finish a couple of things."

Chip: "Sure! See you soon, (Y/n)!"

I flinched at what he said, I stayed stationary for a fleeting period before heading off. Then, finally, I grabbed my savings from the bank and entered the Slumbering Fool.

Barkeep: "Welcome to th-. Hey, there, Boss."

I took my usual seat and looked at the back of the bartender.

(Y/n): "Don't you think it is high time you stop pretending? Silver."

Silver stopped cleaning the glass he had and set it on the table. Turning in my direction. I looked upon the pale, ruby-eyed man with white hair.

Silver: "So, it's time, huh?"

(Y/n): "Yes, it is, the deed Silver. I need it."

Silver: "Sure thing."

He handed me a piece of paper and then went to the back. Following that, I left the establishment and returned home, where I was met with my party waiting outside, with Chris, she informed them.