A Robbery For The Ages (Volume One).

Stirring awake, I looked to the window signalling the beginning of the operation. I got up from where I laid and donned on my armour. I headed to the living room. Entering it, I happened on Megumin and Yunyun in it. I raised my hand and greeted them.

(Y/n): "How do you do, fellow crimson demons?"

Yunyun: "You're a Crimson demon too?!"

(Y/n): "No, I was just trying to be friendly."

Megumin: "It was a good try. You don't need to act that way, you know..."

(Y/n): "Yeah, right. I'll see you two later."

Megumin: "Why are you leaving so soon?"

(Y/n): "I have a promise to keep to a certain someone. Also, before it escapes me, Megumin do me a favour will you tell the other's I'll be returning later than usual today so don't worry about me."

Megumin: "Don't worry about it. I got you covered."

(Y/n): "Thanks, Megumin, I'll repay you later on."

Opening the door, I happened on Kazuma.

Kazuma: "Where do you think you're going?"

(Y/n): "I don't have a lot of time, Kazuma! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. I promise you that!"

I passed Kazuma and sped towards Axel. When I heard them, both speaking about it, it was unbelievable at first. However, I'm sure if all three of us worked together. I'm sure we'll be able to pull it off. Still, I didn't know that the Barkeeper used to pull off robberies on nobles. The thing is I wasn't involved in it until I accidentally opened the door that led to the bar. I then happened on them reviewing their plans before they executed them. I was almost home free until I bumped into Chris, who alerted the rest to my presence. Afterwards, I was 'forced' to participate in their plans. As I entered the bar, I found the Barkeep and Eris were doing last-minute prepping.

Barkeep: "Look here, kid. This path over here is going to have extra security in it after the person we sent in there to scout the area has been spotted. So, proceed with extra caution, I don't want to lose another partner in this line of work again. Don't get too greedy, alright."

Chris: "What happened to your last partner?"

The Barkeeper sighed before answering.

Barkeeper: "He was the best in the business until he was caught. The authorities imprisoned him for three years until his trial came, later on, he was pardoned. As for what happened after that it was simple, he lived the rest of his life on a farm with his family. So, I too decided to give up that life until you came to me with this idea; it reminded me of those days, I couldn't help myself but help out."

I saw this as an opportunity to make my presence known.

(Y/n): "That's where both Chris and I come in right?"

He turned to face me.

Barkeeper: "Took you long enough, Boss. It's as he said, you two should mentally prepare yourselves for what to come."

Chris: "Alright."

(Y/n): "I just got some question's before we begin the operation of robbing someone. Who is it that we're going to be stealing from me? Why are we doing this? What gave you guys the idea that I'm okay with the idea of stealing from somebody?"

Chris sat on the couch and set her feet on the table, crossing one over the other. He wasn't too fond of the idea smacking her legs off the table.