Fireworks (Volume One).

As I sank into the couch in the living room. I was ecstatic since today, wasn't my turn to do the chores but, it's Kazuma's turn. I let out a sigh as I continued relaxing. As for Aqua, she finished the alcohol I brought, in less than two weeks, and ever since then she went back to working ordinary job's to earn money to fuel her drinking problem... someone should really point that out. Then my mind drifted off to the Crusader who's been gone for a few weeks since our last sparring session. I then took in a long breath and breathed it out. As for Megumin, I hadn't seen her ever since Yunyun took us with her on an adventure. Directly after saying that I felt something poking my cheek opening my eyes, I traced the source, laying my eyes upon Megumin speak of the devil and she shall appear.

(Y/n): "What are you doing exactly, Megumin?"

Megumin: "Just checking if you were awake."

(Y/n): "The first thing that came to mind was to poke my cheek with your index finger?"

Megumin: "What would you have done?"

(Y/n): "Hmm, there are multiple ways to check if someone was awake without getting physical with them."

Megumin: "And that is?"

(Y/n): "Calling out the name of said person or even pouring on them some cold water. However, the latter is useless when Aqua is involved that's just speculation don't take my word for it. There are many other ways, but I'll tell you about them later on. So, what was it that you wanted from me?"

Megumin: "Yes, about that..."

She looked away as she continued on with her sentence.

Megumin: "Since everyone else seems to be busy doing something, do you mind if you accompany me and help me out with my daily explosion practice?"

I breathed out a sigh seeing Megumin current state she rubbed the back of her hand as she looked at me pleadingly. I can easily reject her proposal. Thinking back to the schedule of whose turn it is to accompany Megumin, it appeared to be Darkness's, but she hasn't been to the mansion in weeks. I returned my gaze to Megumin's my eyes brimmed with kindness as I looked at the underaged girl. I sat upright and got off the couch as I laid my hand on her conical hat that was wide-brimmed I pulled it down to hide her heart-wrenching face.

(Y/n): "Megumin, you don't need to ask me for anything just say whatever you want and I'll do it regardless if I wanted to or not. Since this party of ours is something of a family to me. Our little dysfunctional family. So, don't shy away from saying what's on your mind alright Megumin promise me that."

I got a nod from the Crimson demon. Afterwards, I donned on my armour and weapon and prepared myself for another journey to Beldia's castle. We're using his castle as a training dummy since there's no longer any need for Megumin to be tearing down any more houses. I've opened the door to the scenery that I have become too familiar with, spotting the red-eyed girl. As I approached her, I gave a little tap on her shoulder.

Megumin: "(Y/n)! You've finished wearing your armour rather quickly this time."

(Y/n): "I finished quickly because I didn't want to keep you waiting. So, is it the usual place, right?"

Megumin: "Well, about that..."

(Y/n): "What is it?"

Megumin: "The last time I went to it I went a bit overboard, and I might have caused the castle to cave in. The only thing that remains of it is a pile of rubble a far cry from its original glory. Now I'll have to use explosion on flat fields."

This might be a blessing in disguise since you never know what might happen when something is going to be demolished. There are many instances where people get hurt even when they are miles away from the site. Where the demolition is being held.