Headline News

The debut of BTS's soulmate makes waves across the world.

The BTS ARMY uses its power to send their boys' soulmate to the top of the charts.

If BTS singing in English still counts as K-Pop, then what does a foreigner singing in Korean mean?

.

.

.

After the debut of BTS's soulmate, Anna, Netizens are in a hot debate.

While critics have classed her songs as unoriginal and without heart, fans have spoken up about how much they relate to one Anna's songs in particular. The song, Faith in Fate, is about the love fans have for Idols. The life of a fan consists of loyalty and love with the reward of happiness. Therefore, fans argue that Anna's song is very relatable and full of feeling.

With many suggesting that Anna's relationship with world-renown BTS is the only reason that the debut solo singer is getting any time in the spotlight, doubts are circling the public's minds. Questions are arising on whether the process which led to BTS's soulmate's debut was fair, is HYBE using her clout, or some worry that Korea's beloved boys are the ones being used.

Ex-trainees of HYBE have spoken up about their experience when Anna joined them as a trainee and received special treatment. They mentioned that she was exempt from being cut, had help from her soulmates to produce tracks for her and was a favourite of the staff due to her relationship with BTS, the company's money maker.

In response, the company have issued a statement that all their trainees have to pass the same level of training. The speed at which a trainee achieves this is down to the individual, but there are no exceptions or special treatment given to anyone. They confirmed that Anna showed an incredible work ethic and proved herself to be ready to debut in an undoubtedly short amount of time, but everyone at HYBE is confident in her abilities as an Idol.

Despite all of this controversy, Anna's debut album is doing well on the charts in Korea and around the world. BTS's soulmate has gathered quite a following over the past six months through her YouTube channel where she posts videos of her doing song covers, cooking, arts and crafts, as well as reactions. As a native English speaker, Anna has endeavoured to narrate these videos in both English and Korean, for which she has received a lot of gratitude from her viewers for doing.

Recently an official channel was made for Anna, pre-debut, where a variety show called Anna's Adventures has been released twice a week for the last few months. This showed her participating in various activities and exploring the Korean culture. Korean fans of BTS were glad to see the boys' soulmate taking an interest in their culture and praised her for the respect and thoughtfulness that she showed in these videos.

However, the series which received the most views was a side project, Interviews with Anna, where she interviewed various K-pop groups about their latest comebacks and upcoming tours. Many fans of these groups were impressed by the friendly, but inciteful nature of Anna's questions leading to them becoming a fan of the interviewer herself.

All in all, while BTS's soulmate cannot escape being judged for who she is, it is this reporter's opinion that Anna has shown that she deserves the positive attention and love she is being given by fans. As it appears that she aims to continue BTS' work by spreading self-love across the world, only time will tell if she can make as big an impact as her soulmates.

.

.

.

Jackson Wang tweets his love for his friend, RM of BTS' soulmate's new song and gives a shout-out to 'his girl'.

Bang Chan of Stray Kids listens to BTS's Anna's song and discusses its brilliance on his weekly V Live 'Chan's Room'.

Jongho of ATEEZ is caught on camera singing the new song by BTS's soulmate, Anna.

In China, Wang Yibo shares that he is listening to Anna, K-pop BTS's soulmate, new album on Weibo.

Idols and celebrities around the world join in with the latest TikTok trend and show support for BTS's soulmate's new song.

Anna's debut song wins its first music show.