Playing Catchup

Five of the members of BTS and Anna were curled up on their sofa at home. They had all cleared their morning work schedule so that they could watch their soulmate perform on his first solo stage. Hoseok was about to perform at Lalapoloza and Jimin had been lucky enough to be able to fly to Chicago and see it in person. The rest of them had to settle for seeing it on TV.

The day before, Anna had managed to watch TXT's performance at the festival, and she was so proud of the younger group. The group had been in America all month travelling for their World Tour. Yeonjun had messaged her and told her how much their English lunch sessions had helped him feel comfortable while promoting over there. After mentioning this to the rest of her lunchtime group, Jay and Jake, more members of ENHYPEN joined them to prepare for their own tour in a couple of months.

"Hobi-Hyung's so brave."

"It'll be you up there next time, Kook."

The Maknae shook his head and leaned into Namjoon who was sitting beside him.

"No way. I can't even imagine being on stage without you all. Scary."

Anna leaned forward from where she was sitting on the other side of Namjoon.

"It's definitely going to happen. For each of you. But I agree, Hobi's brave for going first."

On her other side, Yoongi squeezed her hand and smiled.

"He's so nervous. I'm glad Jimin was able to go and be there for him."

"If he hadn't been able to, I would've cancelled everything. Releasing solo albums doesn't mean we need to do it alone."

Taehyung held his hand over his heart as he looked at Jin and wiped away a fake tear.

"Hyung! That was so touching."

"Yah! You little -"

"Jin's right. None of us will have to do any of this alone. We're still a team. Forever Bulletproof."

Anna cleared her throat. Namjoon's eyes widened and he hastened to correct himself.

"Of course, that includes you, Anna!"

"Our honorary Bangtannie!"

Taehyung grinned at her and then Jungkook chimed in.

"With the tattoo to prove it!"

Namjoon traced the tattoo on Anna's arm.

"When Jungkook told me you were getting a tattoo, I was expecting something... smaller."

"It's not that big."

Jin ran his hand over his forearm.

"It covers your whole arm!"

"You're exaggerating."

"It's bigger than our 7's. Let's leave it at that. Hoseok's performance is about to start."

At Yoongi's words, they all concentrated back on the screen as their soulmate's stage appeared on the screen.

"Whoa!"

"Look at the crowd! So many people!"

When the show started and Hoseok jumped out of the box like a jack-in-the-box, his soulmates' mouths dropped.

"I think that was the coolest thing I've ever seen."

At some point, Anna, Jin, Taehyung, and Jungkook stood up and started dancing, headbanging, and generally cheering as Hoseok performed. Yoongi and Namjoon looked at each other before standing up with a sigh and joining in. They all had fun rapping along, especially Taehyung and Jungkook. Anna tried her best, but her Korean wasn't up to fast rapping standards yet. However, she managed the slower sections, getting cheers from her soulmates.