Divided Paths

After landing in England they received their first challenge. In pairs, the members of BTS and Anna needed to take different routes from the airport to the train station that would take them up North.

Knowing that Anna would know the way, all the boys immediately tried to place dibs. The Maknae line was especially disappointed when the directors announced that she would be paired with Namjoon. This was so that none of the teams would have the advantage of a fluent English speaker. However, the joke was made that she needed to babysit the leader - again.

Jin and Jimin set off together, then Yoongi and Jungkook, and lastly Hoseok and Taehyung. Namjoon and Anna were smiling as they watched the other pairs leave. She nudged the leader.

"Who do you think is going to get lost?"

"You mean, who's going to get lost first, or who's going to get lost the most?"

"Nah... they've improved since season one. Taehyung is the wild card, so if I had to bet on one pair loosing their way it would be Tae and Hobi."

"I wouldn't take that bet."

The two laughed.

"Shall we get going?"

Namjoon held his arm out.

"Lead the way."

Anna headed off

"Maybe I should be getting you to lead the way."

"I'm sure the others will provide enough content. We can be the calm ones. When the others are panicking it will flash to us just chilling."

"Do you not trust yourself to get us there without any issues?"

"No... There's just no need to test me when I've got an expert right here."

"Expert? I've never actually travelled by public transport from the airport before, but the Tube, yeah, no problem."

Namjoon smiled as he stared at Anna. She raised her eyebrows as she stared back.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're amazing."

"Why? Because I can follow London's tube map? You set the bar rather low -"

"No, not because of that. Love, you do realise that we're in England now. Everyone around us is speaking your native language and yet here you are speaking Korean to me."

"I'm not allowed to speak English on this trip."

Namjoon shook his head.

"Ah, that was just for around the others. It's just us us two here, we can speak English if you want, but you're choosing not to."

"I do speak Korean 90% of the time now. It's habit."

"And you've grown so comfortable with it that even being around people speaking in English and English signs, you haven't reverted back. I find it interesting and impressive."

"Do you feel the need to speak in English? Is it like that every time you go to America?"

"Yeah, I guess. When I'm out and about it feels like it's expected of me. That since I can speak English I should."

"I'm sorry."

"What? Why are you sorry?"

"Because when you first found me and I couldn't speak Korean you must have felt like you had to speak English, for me."

"That's not the same. For one you're my soulmate, it wasn't a burden to communicate with you. And two, I knew that you were trying your hardest to learn my language. And that made all the difference."