Listen Carefully

"Urgh, I can't believe I'm ill on Hoseok's big night."

"Don't worry, Hyung. He'll understand."

Jungkook was perched on the arm of the sofa Yoongi was lying on. He patted the rapper's leg.

"I'll stay and look after you. The rest of you should go and enjoy yourselves. Support our Hobi."

"But, Noona..."

The Maknae looked around at his Hyungs. Yoongi took Anna's from where it was resting on his forehead.

"I'll be fine by myself, Jagi."

"Nonsense. You've got a fever, what if it gets worse? Are you comfortable? Let me get you a blanket."

Her soulmates watched Anna as she left the room, before glancing at each other.

"Don't worry. You guys go first and distract Hoseok. Anna will be right behind you."

"But Hyung-"

Jin waved his arms about, ushering the others towards the door.

"Come on now, little ones. We don't want to be late for our Hobi's big night."

Namjoon chuckled as he headed out of the room.

"Hyung, you've literally been dreading this all day."

"Shh!"

"Bye Yoongi! Bye Anna! Love you!"

"Bye! Send Hobi my love!"

Anna said goodbye to the others before joining Yoongi in the living room. He let her fuss over him, fluffing up a big cushion behind him, placing a blanket over his lap, and bringing him food and drinks. Once she was satisfied, she sat down next to him.

"Are you happy I gave you an excuse?"

"What?"

"Looking after me is an excuse not to go to Hoseok's listening party."

"How could you say that? I just want to look after my sick soulmate!"

"Your sick soulmate will be fine by himself. You promise Hoseok that you'd be there."

Anna sighed and rested her head on Yoongi's shoulder.

"I know."

"The others are nervous about it as well. Is there something in particular that you are worried about?"

"I don't want to embarrass you."

"What? You could never embarrass us. Why would you even think such a thing?"

"I don't know... there's going to be lots of important people there. You know I'm not good with large groups or meeting new people."

"Oh, Jagi. Come here."

Yoongi wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Sorry."

"Hey, it's okay, but you know we'd never leave you to fend for yourself, right?"

"I know. I panicked and now I've let Hobi down."

"You haven't let him down. You can still get there in time."

At the HYBE company building, the rest of Anna's soulmates were in the dressing room getting last-minute touches done before they joined the guests. Hoseok was already ready as he needed to go greet the guests as they arrived.

"Where's Anna?"

"Umm..."

"She'll be here in a minute. Don't worry, Hobi."