Reaching Out

Since Anna was working on her album secretly, the company had made other plans for her to release new music.

"We've reached out to a few people about doing collaborations with you."

She was in a meeting with her manager and some staff members from various departments. At the word collaborations, she leant forward in interest.

"Collaborations? Who... Have you heard back yet?"

"Yes. We've heard back from a few, but we're still waiting to hear back from the others."

"Apart from -"

Her manager shook their head and the staff member stopped speaking. Anna looked between the two.

"What? Did someone say no?"

Her manager sighed.

"They didn't say no... In fact, they said that they would love to collaborate with you. It's just that they are unable to at this time."

"Oh. Who was it?"

"Wang Yibo."

Anna wouldn't deny that she was disappointed, but she wasn't surprised and she understood.

"Ah, I see. That makes sense. Who said yes?"

"The first one we heard back from was ATEEZ -"

"Really?!"

"Yes."

She bounced in her seat.

"That's so cool! I can't believe it."

The staff glanced at eachother as they smiled at Anna's reaction.

"We've heard back from one more."

"Oh, okay. Who's that?"

"Jeff Satur."

This time they were met by silence as Anna stared blankly at them.

"Anna? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Sorry, I think I spaced out. Who did you say?"

"The other artist we reached out to who would like to collaborate with you is Jeff Satur."

However, Anna still couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Jeff Satur?"

"Yes."

"From Thailand?"

"Yes."

"He knows who I am?"

"Um, if he didn't before then he does now."

"And he wants to make a song with me?"

"Yes."

"No way."

"Is something wrong, Anna?"

"This can't be real."

They showed her the emails exchanged with Jeff's company, but she was still in disbelief. Not that she was collaborating with Jeff, but that she was an artist that talented people wanted to work with.

As she walked through the corridors of the company, she ran into some of the members of TXT. They were back for a month from their tour before they set out again. Seeing her best friend, she burst into tears.

"Noona? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I'm a famous pop star!"

Yeonjun laughed and Soobin elbowed him. Soobin and Taehyun rubbed Anna's back comfortingly.