CHAPTER 3

*4 years later*

Kali's pov

(Kali's outfit)

(Kali's outfit)

It's been two years since I graduated business school and two years since I've taken over the business, I chose not make it public that I was one of the richest people in this country and just decided to work behind my dad's shadow. Everyone still thinks, he's the owner of this company when the truth is he isn't anymore.

"Miss Martin?" I was woken up by someone calling me, I looked up and one of the employees was standing at the door. She was my assistant's assistant. Why does my assistant need an assistant, no idea she's been working here since my father was CEO.

"Yes" I said annoyed leaning back on the chair, she walked inside with a small smile and waited for me to speak, I didn't know what I was supposed to say so I just kept staring as well.

"You asked me to come see you when I'm done.." she replied awkwardly, then I remembered that I did indeed ask her that. My father's assistant was going to resign this week and I wanted to give the position to her, god I hate when my father tries to use his brain. Why did he have to make everything so complicated.

"I wanted to give you a promotion since my father's assistant is resigning this week. You're the most competent person here and I think you are right for this job" I said with no emotions, no wonder everyone is scared of me. She quickly nodded in agreement and I dismissed her so I can finish day dreaming.

My phone started to ring interrupting my precious moment of silence, I looked at the caller's ID and it was my brother Kris. He has chosen to be an artist, a designer to be exact. He said it was what he wanted and he was going to go through with it.

"Yes Kris?" I answerer the phone, I heard noises in the backgrounds like he was in a public place surrounded by people.

"Wow can you get any colder Kali" he chuckled making me role my eyes at the remark he made. I was about to hangup on him since I didn't have time for this but he quickly spoke again.

"Before you cut the line, I wanted to talk to you about something...you know since you're rich and... rich. I wanted to go on vacation with a couple of friends of mine from work...and I thought that maybe, just maybe you'd like to go with us to that resort you own." He finally finished his speech and it was time for me to rip his dreams apart by saying no.

"Nope" I replied shortly, he whined and groaned in annoyance.

"Please Kali, just this time. I already promised them, and I swear I won't ruin anything." He begged, honestly I do need a break if I'm being honest I've been working for two years non stop.

"I don't trust you on my property" I said briefly, I sighed and replied again.

"I don't want too many people Kris, you know I don't like it"

"I promise you won't regret it, I love you" he yelled in my ear then hanged up. I massaged my temples in frustration, then decided I've had enough of work today.

I remembered I wanted to go check this new golf club that I've seen on the way to work. It looked very nice, and I'm a fan of the calmness of golf clubs. No one bothers me there, I sit in my corner and just smoke and have a nice cold drink to relax.

I put my phone in my pocket and checked for my car keys then grabbed my jacket and headed for the door.

"Janice, cancel everything for today. If anyone calls my office, decline" I said walked past her desk,

"Yes ma'am" she said and went back to her work. I took the elevator to the underground parking and looked for my car, I loved the smell of it. I don't know why, but whenever I get inside one of my cars I enjoy the scent, specially when it's freshly cleaned.

I started the Corvette and drove towards the golf club, I wasn't going to play. I just wanted to stay alone and relax, it wasn't very far when the company just about half an hour.

The lobby boy came running to take my keys, I threw them to him and he caught them before they fell. I nodded and walked inside, I checked the interior and how well it was made. I went to sit on one it the couch and waited for the receptionist to come present the place to me.

"Greetings Miss Martin" the woman said with a polite smile, how do they know my name. Well, I basically own the place. The land where it was founded belongs to me, it just opened about a week ago and I wanted to see if it was presentable or not. And I can not lie, I am amazed with the beautiful design.

"We were waiting for you arrival, please follow me" I did just that while she show me the fields the rooms, the pools and the gymnasium. This wasn't just an ordinary golf club, it had everything. Then we reached the terrace, it was very big and it had tables in random corners for people to sit and have a drink. And watch from above as everyone enjoyed their time playing golf.

"Please sit, relax and I'll send someone to get you something to drink" she said again, I nodded and sat on one of the tables. I grabbed one cigarette out of the pack and lit it as I waited for the waiter.

"Good afternoon ma'am, what can I get for you?" I was looking down at my phone but when I heard her voice I felt my heart sink and I didn't know if what I was hearing was right or I was hallucinating, what are the odds.

"I'd like a glass of gin and tonic" I said shortly trying to get her to leave, I still haven't looked at her and I wasn't planning to.

"Is that it? Would you like something else?" She asked politely, it's only because she's working here that's why she's acting nice. Why can't she show them how fuckin crazy she is. Maybe she's changed? No I don't believe it...

"No, that's it" I tried to sound as could as usual, I heard her sigh and the sound of her footsteps were fading away. After Avah gave me my drink, I sat in silence drinking and smoking but I could still feel as if someone was staring at me. I had a feeling who that could be, but I don't think she's recognized me. And I wanna keep it that way. When I was finished I wanted to leave fast, so I grabbed my phone and started heading for the main door. Unfortunately my eyes have met with the only person I didn't wanna see, she was staring at me suspiciously but I quickly averted my eyes and made sure not to look back. I don't know if she knew who I was, or was just suspicious about it.

Kris is right, I do need that vacation. My thoughts are really all over the place, I've exhausted myself with and I need to relax.

*******************************
What do you think is gonna happen next?

-S