CHAPTER 14

Kali's pov

Avah picked up her daughter and took her to the bathroom. I went to grab towels and scissors in case she wanted to cut the girl's tangled hair. I knocked on the bathroom door and I pushed the door open.

The little girl was smiling from ear to ear as she played with the bubbles in the bath, while Avah washed her small body with a sad smile on her face.

"Hey, here's a towel. And..." I hanged it and I showed her the scissors in my hand. She sighed and asked me to come closer. She pointed to me and to the scissors then to the daughter.

"You..you want me to cut it?" I asked, she put her hands together like she was praying and mouthed a please. I nodded with a smile on my face and she moved away so I can sit behind the little girl.

"Hey Nadine" I said with a reassuring smile, she  looked at me with a smile and waved her little hand.

"Can I touch cut your hair?" I asked, she shrugged her shoulders nonchalant with what I just asked.

"Grandpa doesn't like it anyway" she mumbled, I looked at Avah and she was already crying. She's been trying to hold her tears so she won't concern her daughter but I think everything that's happening had made it hard for her to hold it in.

"Do you like your hair to be long or short Nadine?" She looked at me for a second thinking of an answer, I waited patiently just for her to shrug shoulders.

"I mean, I like both" she said with a shy smile, I nodded smiling back and told her to look straight forward so I can cut her hair. I took the black locks in my hand and starting chopping pieces and watched the hair fall to the floor.

"You look very pretty with both short and long hair" I reassured her when she started feeling her hair, she brushed her fingers through the soft locks and smiled. I picked the hair from the floor and headed for the door, I smiled at Avah and thanked me again. it must me very hard for her to not be able to talk after all these years of speaking. Her eyes held all different emotions, sadness, hatred even love...

"No worries" I whispered getting out of the bathroom, sooner or later the cops will come knocking in my door. It might take them a while because I didn't leave a trace, or a finger print since I didn't touch anything. Maybe the door handle when I was taking Nadine out of the house, but I'll take them sometime to get here. That's not a problem for me, even if they didn't take it easy I'd be happy to be jailed for killing a child molester. But I have a better idea why not hit two birds with two huge fucking rocks and go to jail for double homicide, killing a wife beater and a child molester. Sounds about right to me, but first, I have to find him.

"Kris, make sure they have what they need. I'll be right back" I ordered and he nodded. I grabbed my keys and jacket and went out, I got in the car and drove to the closet mall.

I went to a store and started looking around for clothes that would fit Nadine. I looked but I wasn't sure what to get, I scratched my hair in frustration.

"Are you okay?" I heard a woman ask, I looked at the girl and she smiled. She was wearing this stores logo so I guess she works here.

"Ah yes, I need clothes that would fit a four year old girl" I said politely, she smiled and asked me to follow her.

"Single dad?" She asked as she handed me dresses, shorts, shirts in all different colors.

"No, it's for a friend" I replied, she nodded and helped me get the stuff to the cashier. I bought, shoes, sandals, shampoo, body wash, clothes, school supplies. Anything that I thought the kid would need, she put everything in bags and I handed her my card.

Back at home, I knocked on Avah's door and waited until she opened it. I smiled handing her the bags, she looked at them for a second and she wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me into a tight hug. I froze in my place gripping on the bags with all my strength, her lavender scent coating me. Her soft hair tickled my neck and jaw and I felt her hands grip my shirt tighter followed by a small whimper. I dropped the bags on the ground and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"It's okay..." I whispered, I softly caressed her sides to comfort her and she seemed to calm down a bit. She pulled away mouthing a small sorry with a smile on her face, her eyes and nose were rosy from crying but she still looked very pretty. Wait...

I mean she is very pretty, and that scar made her look more badass. I picked up the bags and we both walked inside her room, Nadine was laying on the bed but she wasn't sleeping.

"Nadine, I got you something" I said looking at her, her eyes widened with excitement and her smile grew bigger. She jumped out of the bed and came to where me and her mom were standing. She started pulling the clothes I got her excitedly, Avah helped her try on some dresses and I just stood there leaning on the doorframe watching them bond together again.

The little girl got and walked to me with her hands in front of her, she has a shy smile. I kneeled in front of her and gently fixed her dress.

"You look very beautiful, Nadine. Do you like everything?" I asked, she nodded her cutely and put her hands on my cheeks.

"Thank you" I chuckled at her cuteness then her little arms wrapped around my neck taking me by surprise. She was so tiny that both my hands covered her back, I patted it gently and waited for her to pull away.

"You're welcome sweetheart" I picked her up and walked out of the room. She probably haven't had anything sweet since forever, I went downstairs to be met with Sarah and Kris. They stared at me confused.

"What? We're getting snack" I replied in an duh tone. They looked at each other still confused, I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. I sat her on the counter and opened the cabinet. I grabbed chips and candy.

I saw Avah shaking her head no, asking me not to feed her kids sweets. But I just shrugged my shoulders and reassured her that she needs it.

"She needs to feel like a normal kid, let her be" I said while putting the snacks in bowls, she sighed and nodded her head. I put chocolate in the microwave and washed some strawberries.

"Ah yeah I got her stuff for school, she needs to go or they'll think something is wrong" I said licking the chocolate from my finger after getting it out of the microwave, Avah walked closer to me and dipped her finger in the bowl. I watched as her tongue licked the melted chocolate from the bottom of her finger to the tip.  

She wasn't even looking at me or doing it purposely and I felt my throat shut. I could barely swallow or breath, and obviously something down my pants have enjoyed the scene very much.

"I- ehm here. You can take these to the room with you" I cleared my throat and handed her the bowls, I put Nadine on her feet and told her to go back to the room. I will not be moving from behind this counter, I was wearing loose shorts and the bulge was very obvious. I watched as she left and I let out a sigh of relief.  I hate what's happening to me...

********************************
A cute chapter!!!

Have a great day everyone!

-S