CHAPTER 6

Kali's pov

"I'm sorry"

These words didn't shake a thing in me, I was still heartless and emotionless just as I was before hearing them. The only thing they did was make me very upset, my hands were shaking and my breathing started to get uncontrollable. I remembered everything she's done to me, everything her boyfriend has made me go through. The beating, the humiliation and more.

"You're sorry..." I finally let out, it sounded very sarcastic. The thoughts of me getting pushed around and me not doing anything about it were projected in my head like a film. I turned to look at her and she was already staring at me.

"Sorry for lying? sorry for framing me? sorry for hitting me? Or sorry for publicly humiliating me? Hmm tell me now Avah" I was shaking in anger and with each sentence I took a step forward towards her. My hand wrapped around her neck and I pulled her to her feet, she was struggling against my grip but I was too strong.

"Tell me, Avah. Tell me why I shouldn't get my revenge right now?" I whispered, I watched as she digged her nails in my wrist and I loosened my grip so she can breathe. When she looked up at me, I realized how close my face was to hers. Her green and blue eyes watered as she blinked fast to get rid of the tears.

"I don't believe you or your fake tears" I whispered in her ear and let go of her neck. She dropped to the ground holding her neck, I left her there and went to my room. I went straight to the bathroom to wash my face, I took off my shirt and put my head under the faucet and let the cold water run down my face and hair. When I looked up at myself in the mirror I saw how angry I was, the vein in my forehead was obvious and my cheeks were flaming. I wanted to break something, I wanted to hit something or someone. I'd never hit Avah because obviously I'm much stronger than her that would be unfair.

I changed into tight running shorts then grabbed my phone and ran downstairs to the gym we had, I was in the mood for a run on the treadmill.

At first I was just jogging than I picked up the pace little by little until I was sprinting. My heart was beating so fast, and my breathing was in a steady rythme. I felt my lungs burn the faster and longer I kept going but I need to let this anger out.

It wasn't working...

After all that running I was still fuming with anger, I laid on the floor trying to catch my breath I heard my phone ring and I grabbed it to check who the caller was.

"Yes?" I said breathless, the caller chuckled and I rolled my eyes knowing who I was talking to.

"Are you busy darling?"The woman asked with a hint of teasing in her voice, Carolina was a model that I met a couple of years ago, her and I had a thing going on but we decided to break it off since we both were busy with work.

"Carolina, you called right on time. I need you to do something for me" I said over the phone, since we ended things on good terms she might as well visit and we could have a little fun. I needed to release some stress.

"Oh you need me don't you Kali..." Her voice was different now, lower and raspier. I guess she caught up to what I wanted to say, we've always understood each other.

"Remember that resort I own? You know, we went on a date there" I asked getting up and started heading back to the room.

"Of course I remember, I'll be there tomorrow" she replied, I smirked and hanged up the phone. I was very exhausted and I needed a long shower and to sleep. After a warm bath with some relaxing music, I finally was in bed ready to have some rest.

I was woken up by a loud scream, I jumped from the bed with my heart almost breaking out of my ribcage and I noticed that I left my door open and that's why I heard the noise. I checked the time and it was 5:30am.

It was one scream and everything went dead silent, I got up and started checking around the place room by room. Everyone was still asleep, I reached the other wing where Brandon and Avah's room was. I was starting to get suspicious of that man and I didn't know why, he just looked unstable to me. The room was still lit and I saw shadows move around, the two figures looked like they were hugging. I couldn't really see what they were doing because the only visible things were their shadows. God what if they're having sex, hell no. I quickly backed away disgusted with the thought that I just had.

"I-I promise, I won't d-do it again" a voice whispered from behind the door, a voice that I'd recognize anywhere and anytime. She sounded scared, more like terrified like she was begging.

"You know I love you Avah, that's why I did this. I didn't mean to and you know that" Brandon's voice replied, the conversation was so suspicious. What is it that he's done? What won't she do again? I sighed and decided to mind my own business, I walked back to my room and jumped face first on the bed. Only this time, I wasn't able to sleep because my head was running so many scenarios of their conversation.

Few more hours of turning and groaning unable to close my eyes without imagining the worst. What if he hits her, I mean she bullied me and made my life a living hell but no woman deserves to be abused. Was she really abused? What if what I did earlier has triggered something? God what do I even care, she's a shitty person anyway...

I noticed the sun has came out fully and I decided it was time to get up. After showering and wearing a casual fit I went downstairs to find Kris cooking while the others were sitting around the kitchen table.

"Morning" I said and sat next to Sarah, she smiled saying good morning back and so did the others. I looked at Avah for a second and she was looking at the plate in front of her while her boyfriend had his arm around her shoulder.

"Here's your plate" Kris said handing him a plate of scrambled eggs, when Brandon removed his arm I noticed a bruise on Avah's neck. Did I do that? Did I take it too far? But she's done worse, right? Or was it him? Did he do that to her?

Brandon noticed my intense stare and he tried not to react to it, since the threat I made that day on the plane. He gave me the stinky eye because he caught me staring at Avah.

"What?" He said in an annoyed voice, I just kept staring at Avah's bruised neck. I think the boys have noticed it but decided not say anything about it, which was weird.

"Kali baby!" I turned to look at Carolina who was standing by the door, I stood up to welcome her and she gave me a tight hug. She had red hair with a lot of freckles on her face, and she was shorter than me by a few inches.

"Morning everyone!" She waved excitedly, I don't understand how she can be bubbly and happy all the time. It sounds too exhausting.

*******************************
Good morning everyone!

Here's a new chapter, I hope you enjoyed reading it! Have a great day and stay hydrated, MUAH!

-S