CHAPTER 36

Nadine's pov

I honestly was having a lot of fun doing my research, since Alex was still not present the next day Harley decided to do her report with us. They were very interested in the forest and what it has, the trees, the plants, the animals.

"Have you seen miss Jones?" We heard someone say behind us, the teacher was standing there with a hard look. The girls quickly shook their heads while staring down at their feet which I found very weird.

"She left early this morning for her morning run" Harley said to the teacher, he nodded his head and went back to whatever he was doing. I looked around the place for something to describe and I saw a something small move behind the bushes. I waited until it got out and started hopping away, the little bunny was using its nose to find its way. I followed it around describing its white fur and pink ears and the shape of its paws.

Without realizing, I found myself very far from the girls. I looked around and I was in very unfamiliar part of the forest, my heart started racing and I tried to remember where I came from. Unfortunately, everything looked the same so I was sure I was lost in the middle of nowhere.

I closed my notepad putting it in my small backpack and started walking around, maybe I'll catch a glimpse of a classmate or a teacher but the longer I walked the more I realized I was just making it worst for myself.

"Shit" I mumbled, a few minutes of standing and not doing anything my attention was caught by a sound behind me. I took a deep breath and slowly turned behind me.

I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from gasping, in front of me stood a huge black wolf with red eyes. It was just standing there watching my every move, that's when I realized that I've seen those eyes before.

The dream...

I quickly started running in the opposite direction, I knew I wouldn't over run a wolf but I could try to find a place to hide. I was running as fast as my legs could take me, my breathing was loud and heavy. The panic was starting to rise inside me the closer the sound got to me.

I wasn't looking where I was going and my foot got stuck in a tree root making me trip and fall. I felt pain in my leg, I sat up and held it tightly trying to lessen the pain.

A growl made my eyes look up, the beast was a few feet away. It growled and lowered its head down ready to attack, just like in my dream, it started running at me at full speed. I closed my eyes and waited for it to pounce on me.

Nothing came... I felt nothing but a breeze...

Growling sounds and biting was heard all over the place, I looked behind and the black wolf was fighting with a grey one.

They pushed on each other trying to make the other one fall, the grey one saw me and was trying to get to me but the black one bit its leg and pulled it away. It seemed like the black wolf was trying to protect me.

The grey wolf turned its body and hit the black one with its paw. The black wolf fell to the side and the grey one was slowly stalking towards me. I tried to crawl backwards but I was only making the pain in my leg worse.

The black wolf jumped between me and the other and they started growling again, the one that protected me had a bite mark on its back paw but it was still fighting. The grey wolf growled for a while then slowly started to back away until it disappeared.

The black wolf turned to look at me, it limped closer. I was scared it was going to bite my head off, maybe it just wanted me as a prey to itself and didn't want to share me with the other.

Surprisingly, it brushed its head on my arm. I stared at the beast in front of me with amazement and shock. How was it not eating me alive yet? It circled around me and then sat with me in the middle, it wrapped its tail on my body and made me lay on its stomach. I was still stiff and scared, I wasn't about to risk touching it so I tried to get up only for it to growl at me and that sat me down immediately.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. I'm sat" I whispered, as if it could hear me. It just stared at me for a second and then laid its head on its paws, what was I supposed to do now, this animal just trapped me.

"How would anyone believe me" I said with a chuckle, I whinced at the pain in my foot and ended up falling backwards just to lay on soft fur. I guess I'm gonna have to stay here until someone finds me or this wolf kills me.

"Nadine!" I heard my name being called and that got me up from my sleep. I was still in the middle of the woods but there was no wolf around.

"We've been looking for you the whole night!" Harley came to my side and Jackie from the other. They helped me up on my feet and I grimaced in pain, my foot was in pain which meant what happened yesterday wasn't a dream.

"Are you okay?" I shook my head no and limped back to the camp. The teacher from yesterday was standing in front of our cabin talking to Alex who was looking down at the ground.

"Where has she been?" I asked, I was curious where she went the whole day yesterday. Her eyes met mine but they quickly looked away.

"Eh, she was in the room. Alone. She was sick, yeah" Harley said, it wasn't believable the way she said it but I wasn't going to ask her again if she doesn't want to tell me.

"Miss Martin!" The teacher called for me, I stopped and waited for him to come to where I was standing with the help of Harley and Jackie.

"A doctor will be sent to your cabin immediately, also your parents have been informed and tomorrow you'll be sent back home..." I nodded about to leave when he spoke again.

"How can an adult get lost in the woods? What are you five?" he said, my mouth dropped at how harsh he was talking to me. Like it was my fault that I got lost, I mean, it was kind of my fault but still why would he be so harsh, damn. And what does that even mean? Adults can't get lost? That's just stupid.

"What is that even supposed to mean because you sound real stupid right now" I yelled, he glared at me but of course I didn't look down or away. He took a step closer trying to intimidate me but it wasn't working at all.

"Why you yelling for?" He said between gritted teeth,

"Because you're being rude and unreasonable" I talked back, I felt Harley let go of me and went to Alex's side. From where I was I could see she was shaking uncontrollably and that made me worry, she looked like she was in pain while holding her head between her hands.

"Nadine, let's take you inside okay" Jackie said quickly, she was basically holding me up on my feet and dragging me inside the cabin. What was wrong with Alex, what happened to her? And why did she look like she was in pain? All types of thoughts were running through my head, but I decided to block them and wait for the doctor to come check on my leg.

*******************************************
Hello lovely people!!

I love you all! Muaah

-S