CHAPTER 33

Nadine's pov

The next morning I woke feeling much better, I was happy I wasn't going to school for once and all I wanted to do was watch something and relax. Just when I thought I was having some alone time the door opened revealing Alex.

"Not happy to see me?" She said with a smirk, I rolled my eyes and put the pillow on my head to block her voice and face. I completely forgotten that she was going to stay in my house until my family comes back.

"Get up, we have school" she ordered, I groaned and grabbed the closest thing next to me, which was a bottle of moisturizer, and threw it at her. Unexpectedly for me, she has caught it with ease before it collided with her face. She tilted her head to the side raising an amused eyebrow at me.

"I'm not going to school" I said annoyed, I laid back and closed my eyes trying to go back to sleep.

I felt a hand grab me by the leg and pull me to the edge of the bed, Alex was staring at me amused, I yanked my leg away and glared at her.

"I said I'm not going!" She didn't seem to get it through her head, why did she have to be so hardheaded, geez.

"Okay then, I'm staying with you" she jumped on the bed face first, I gave her a confused look as she made herself comfortable on my bed.

"Who the fuck invited you to my bed?!" I said loudly and tried to kick her off my bed but she was oddly heavy, she did look like she worked out but not to the point where I couldn't push her off. I got up and tried to pull her and make her full on the ground but it was like she was glued to the bed.

"For god's sake Alex go away, you're so annoying" I gave up and sat on the floor with my eyes closed, I wasn't in the mood to argue with her anymore, I just wanted to be alone because I'm afraid she'll make fun of me like she always does, call me dumb because I didn't know how to do something, or point out that I have something on my face or that my hair looks ugly. She was the reason I was so insecure about my body.

"Hey" I felt a hand on my face, her thumb gently caressed my cheek wiping the tears that I didn't know were falling.

"What's wrong?" She whispered, I sniffled and looked at her with my red eyes and reddish nose. She acts stupid now, knowing very well what she's done to me.

"You are what's wrong Alex, you've always made me feel like I'm shit, like I'm nothing, you make fun of me, you made me hate myself with your stupid comments" I cried out pushing her hand away from my face, I think I was just overwhelmed with her sudden kindness that my brain immediately went into defense mode and by that I mean, panic attacks and crying at the slightest things.

I felt arms wrap around my body in a tight embrace, I tried to push her away but she was holding me hard. I felt her hand brush my hair and heard her shush me softly. A few minutes later, I finally calmed down so she picked me up and laid me on my bed.

"I- I was trying to flirt..."  I heard her say before my eyes shut down and I fell back asleep.

*******

Somehow, I managed to wake up at night. Yep, I have slept the whole day and not once did I get up to drink water, eat or pee. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, I finally relaxed when I sat on the toilet. I don't know how long I've been holding it.

After taking a quick shower and changing into new clothes, I walked downstairs to find something to eat.

"Alex?" I called out for her, maybe she went back to her house. I went to the fridge and took out milk then took some cereal out of the cabinet. I sat on the kitchen counter eating cereal in silence.

Suddenly someone opened the sliding door that leads to the backyard, I stopped mid chew staring at whoever is going to walk in. All that training with mom was going to come in handy, I was going to beat this person u-

"Oh hi" Alex said out of breath, she was only wearing boxers and a sports bra. My eyes went straight down to the bulge between her legs and they went wide, she was like my mom? What was she doing outside like that? Was she insane? That's not even where the pool was if she wanted to swim.

"I- eh I went for a run, I didn't know you were awake" she said awkwardly, I was still looking between her bulge and face confused why she was going outside half naked.

"A run? Like that?" I asked confused, she moved and I could see it move so I quickly averted my eyes.

"Can you please put something on first" I said jumping off the counter and put the empty cereal bowl in the sink. She went to the couch and grabbed shorts and a shirt.

"So you took off you clothes and went for a run? Who does that you psycho?" I asked, she rolled her eyes and pushed her hair out of her face, something about her was different. Her pupils were fully dilated and she didn't look like she just came from a run.

"Do you feel a bit better?" She asked walking closer to me, I nodded my head and leaned on the counter with my arms crossed. She didn't stink at all, which was very weird.

"You want me to cook you something?" She asked brushing past me, her body oder was different for some reason. It was very alluring somehow...

"Nadine?" I heard her call for me, she was already taking the pan and pot and other utiles she'll be needing for the meal she's gonna be making. I unconsciously walked to the kitchen table and sat to watch her. I had no control over my body, I was calm and unable to be upset and I had no idea why.

"Do you want a steak?" She asked putting a piece of meat on the cooking pan, she's already put onions and butter, some garlic. Remembering I still haven't answered her question I nodded quickly.

"Isn't that too much meat for two people?" I asked curiously, she did put a huge portion for the two of us.

"There's no such thing as too much meat" she mumbled whisking whatever ingredients she's put in the pot.

My eyes were watching her every move, how her firearm flexed while holding the whisk. Or how she'd dip her finger in the sauce to taste the saltiness. Why was I noticing these stuff now? Why after she came back from her "run" with an oddly strong scent?

After she prepared dinner in silence, she put our plates in front of us and sat next to me.

"Eat up" she said and started digging into her steak, I tasted it and it was so good and juicy. I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of knowing that but I admit the meal was so delicious.

"You like?" She asked leaning on her palm to look at me so I nodded my head. I was half way through my steak and she was already done.

"Good"

When we were done, I offered to wash the dishes because she cooked but she declined and did them herself. She was acting way too nice lately and it was starting to creep me out.

There were two days left for my parents to come back, two days for the school trip and three days for my car to arrive. I was sad I wasn't going to see it when it gets delivered but that's alright, I'll have enough time to drive it when I come back.

*******************************************
Okay what do you think Alex is doing? And why was her scent oddly strong? I think you might have a clue...

-S