CHAPTER 37

Nadine's pov

I was still waiting for the doctor and my parents to arrive when Alex walked inside the cabin. Her eyes met mine and they softened, she quickly looked the other way.

"Alex!" I called for her, she stopped at the stairs and turned to look at me.

"Can I talk to you for a second please?" She sighed hesitating at first but walked towards the couch. She sat in front of me, I tried to sit up but I ended up pressing on my foot making me whince in pain.

Alex jumped to my side and helped me sit up more comfortably, her arm was behind my back while the other was under my legs. I looked up at her and she was looking at me with a worried look, her face was all freckled and her reddish eyes were almost glowy.

She had a frown so I gave myself the permission to softly caress her forehead, my fingers went lower than I thought and they rested on her cheek.

Feeling the tension build up between us since we were very close has mad me blush and look away from her.

"Ehm..." I cleared my throat when she didn't move back, when she made sure I was comfortable she went and sat back on the couch in front of me.

"Are you okay?" I asked since it was the only thing I could think about, her eyes were looking at me and I saw a smile creep on her face. She chuckled and brushed her hair back.

"You have a broken ankle and you're asking me if I'm okay?" She asked sarcastically which made me feel stupid, I was just trying to see if she was okay since earlier she looked like she was in pain.

"I- Nadine. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way" she quickly apologized when she saw my frown,

"It's fine" I said avoiding her eyes, why do I even care if she's okay or not. She'll never change, and she'll always try to make me feel stupid. I felt a hand on my chin, Alex was back next to me with a small smile.

"I'm not being sarcastic or trying to make you feel stupid Nadine, I was just surprised that you'd think of me first and you're the one who's hurt" she said in a soft voice, the distance between was shrinking the more I stared into her eyes. Her lips looked very appealing and tasty, and I wanted to feel them on mine.

I don't know who leaned in first but our lips were already brushing against each other, I felt small sparkles and an electrifying feeling all over my lips and body. My heart was trying to break out of my ribcage while my whimpers were slowly exiting my throat, her lips were so soft and warm and they fit perfectly with mine.

"Nadine!" The voice of my momma made me jump away, Alex was already on the other side of the couch breathing heavily. Her cheeks were so red, I've never seen her blush before, it was very adorable.

"Oh baby! Are you okay?!" My momma ran in the cabin, I don't think she saw us kiss because she was too busy crying.

"Momma, I'm fine. I just hurt my ankle" I explained still not over what happened a few seconds ago. My momma sat next to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"I promise momma I'm okay" I chuckled tapping her hand, my mom walked in the cabin with a frown, she scanned the room and her eyes met with Alex.

"Did you cause this?!" She said stepping closer to Alex, my heart was beating so hard I didn't want them to fight. Alex stayed quiet and avoided looking at my mother.

"Mom, I'm fine. I tripped and hurt my ankle. Alex wasn't even there" I explained trying to calm my mother who looked like she was about to blow up on Alex.

"Where is this doctor?" My momma asked, on time, a man walked in with a briefcase in his hand followed by the teacher from earlier. The doctor examined my foot for a few minutes and sighed.