CHAPTER 32

Nadine's pov

I was very tired so I quickly wore panties and an oversized shirt, I wrapped my hair in a towel and laid on the bed. My body was aching and my head still hurt like a bitch.

"Hey" I heard Alex say, I turned to look at her and she was leaning on the door frame. She walked closer and handed me pills and water.

"You probably still have a headache, and you might catch a cold. Take these they'll help you sleep" she put them on the nightstand and sighed putting her hand in her pockets.

"Nadine, I-" she looked down at her feet for a second avoiding to look at me. I sat up and pulled the covers over me waiting for her to continue.

"I didn't mean to keep you waiting" she said, I think it was her way to say sorry but indirectly. I wanted to hear her say the words "I'm sorry" and that, maybe, would make me accept her apology. I know I'm being overdramatic but she's always been a bitch to me, she'd make fun of me, make me feel bad about myself, call me names, and never ever apologize for causing something.

"I'm still gonna tell my mom about this" I said crossing my arms in front of me, she rolled her eyes and sighed then left the room without saying another word.

****

"Yes momma I'm okay" I said with a raspy voice, I coughed and took a deep breath. I indeed did catch a cold, my parents and June won't be here for a few days because my grandpa Sebastian isn't feeling well.

"Is Alex there with you? If you feel uncomfortable with her call Lina she'll take care of you"  I heard my momma say over the phone, yesterday after eating dinner I was feeling a little better so I asked Alex to leave since I didn't need anything. She hesitated at first but agreed to leave.

"I'm fine mom, she helped me get home yesterday so I don't want to bother her or Lina" I said, I pushed the covers off of me and tried to get out of bed.

"Alright baby, take some advil for the headache and try to rest a little" I said goodbye to my moms and went to the kitchen, I was going to make something warm like soup. I played some music and tried to forget about the headache by dancing while cooking.

I was dancing around the kitchen to the loud tango music, I was moving around with my eyes closed imagining myself with a dance partner having the most fun I've had in a while, it's been a while since I went to tango class and I missed it and I missed my dance partner there.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and the other hold my hand, I opened my eyes to find Alex staring down at me with a curious look. I wanted to pull away, but my body was still moving to the music.

My hand was on her shoulder while hers rested on my back, I watched as our bodies moved in sync step by step, switching between fast and slow, it takes years for tango partners to sync perfectly but she just came out of nowhere and moved on my rythme.

I leaned backwards and she pulled my leg on her hip while her face brushed from my chest to my neck, her bottom lip caressed my skin sending shock waves through my body. I felt my heart stop for a second, my breathing was heavy but I think it's just from the fast rythme of the dance. I wasn't expecting her to know what to do in this position but she knew and that surprised me...

She quickly pulled me back up to look at her, I was sure my ears were probably red and so were my cheeks. The dance was so sensual, it required to be so touchy with the other dancer, the bodies need to feel and know each other so they could sync to perfection.

The song ended and I quickly pulled away from her embrace, we were both trying to catch our breaths. We just stared at each other curious and confused at the same, confused why my heart wanted to leave my chest.

I looked away and cleared my throat, I remembered that I was cooking and it was probably going to burn. I ran to the stove and turned it off.

"My mom asked me to check on you" I heard her say, I didn't look at her, my heart was still racing from the dance and my face was red because of that.

"Well, you look like you're doing better" she said with a hint of amusement in her voice, I rolled my eyes and fixed myself a bowl of soup.

I walked past her and to the living room, I heard her follow after me and sit next to me on the couch. I turned on the tv and decide to ignore her and whatever happened back in the kitchen.

"You're still gonna give me the silence treatment for ruining your dress a week ago?" She asked annoyed, I put the bowl on the table in front of me. I turned to glare at her.

"No, I ignore you because you are rude, ignorant, disrespectful, full of yourself, hateful, a smartass and fucking stupid!" I said poking her chest with every word,

"I ignore you because you never apologize for ruining someone's day, I ignore you because you think you're the center of attention and I ignore you because you never ever think of the consequences of your actions!" By now I was huffing and puffing with anger, my ears were ringing and my eyes were burning holes in her face. Her eyes were wide and she looked like she was caught of guard by my outburst, I realized my face was very close to hers so I decided to sit back.

"Now that's why I ignore you, Alex" I said picking up my bowl from the table. She didn't say anything for a while but when she decided to open her mouth it had to be a stupid remark.

"Damn how long have you been holding that in?" She asked sarcastically, I groaned in frustration and slammed the bowl on the table then stormed upstairs. She's so fuckin annoying!

Before I could slam my door, a hand stopped it and walked inside my room with me. With each step she took forward I took one backwards until I felt my legs hit the bed, and now I was sat staring up at her.

"My mother, asked me to look after you and I listen to her. So whether you like or not princess you'll have to tolerate my existence" she said, her hand grabbed my chin and I felt everything around me stop. Every organ in me was screaming, embarrassed...

This position was so sexual to me and for what? Why would she hold my chin and make me look up at her?

I slapped her hand and looked away because I didn't want her to see my face, I knew I was blushing so hard and that'll only boost her ego. I stood up and walked to the bathroom and slammed it shut, I slid against the door with my head in my hands.

What is happening to me?

********************************
Are you seeing what I'm seeing,
because I see gay..

-S