CHAPTER 34

Nadine's pov

I was packing everything that I needed for a week worth of clothes for staying at the forest. I packed bug spray and pepper spray for the creepy guys.

"You ready baby?"

I looked behind me and my momma was standing at the door, she colored eyes staring at me with love. I smiled and went to give her a hug, I didn't tell her about Alex leaving me in the rain and I didn't tell my other mom because I forgot and it has happened a few days before so there was no point of telling them.

"Hi mom" I went to where she was fixing her tie, I smiled and she ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead.

"How's my little girl doing?" She said making me roll my eyes with a small smile on my face, she always called me that and it made me feel very loved.

"I'm not little anymore" I argued dragging my suitcase outside, when I opened the door I found Alex standing there about to knock.

"Oh hi Alex" my mom said behind me, she was very protective of me and anything that screamed uncertainty to her was dangerous.

"Hello Mrs Martin!" Alex said with enthusiasm shocking all of us, she's never happy or excited in the morning or at all. So seeing her smile and talk so excitedly was giving me a weird feeling.

She grabbed my heavy suitcase like it was nothing and placed it in her trunk. I wasn't even going to ride with her, my car was parked right in front of hers.

"Is she okay?" My mom asked worried, I shrugged my shoulders just as worried and confused.

"We're gonna be late!" She waved for me to get in her car, I kissed my mom's cheek and dragged my feet towards the car. I brushed past Alex who was smiling down at me, if she was a puppy her tail would probably be swinging uncontrollably.

"Are you okay?" I asked her after a few minutes of silence, she turned her head so she could look at me for a second but quickly went back to focusing on the road.

"Eh yeah yeah I'm fine, when's your birthday?" She asked randomly, she was tapping on the steering wheel nervously.

"It's in two weeks, I think. Maybe a week and a half. Why?" I answered, she was biting on her bottom lip and nodding her head.

"Oh nothing, nothing...just asking" she answered parking her car next to the buses, some students were getting in and others just arrived. Alex ran out of the car as if it was on fire and opened the trunk, she grabbed my suitcase and hers and pulled them out. I went to take mine from her but she shook her head no.

"Don't worry, I got it" she said putting the stuff in one of the buses that were parked, I was standing in the middle of the parking lot confused with Alex's behavior.

"Nadine Martin?" The teacher called, I looked to my side and he was calling from a list. I wasn't in the same bus as Alex but my stuff were there, I sighed. I'll get them when we arrive because the trip won't be that long. I went to the teacher when he saw me he nodded and called the next person.

I got in the bus and went to one of the empty seats at the back. I put my earphones and laid my head on the window. I felt someone sit next to me and I saw a guy that I didn't know but I'm sure he's from my class, he smiled and I nodded turning to the window again.

The bus started moving but quickly went into a halt, I looked at the front and Alex was looking around with an upset look. Her eyes found mine and then the guy sitting next to me, she started moving towards us.

"Can I help you?" The guy said annoyed, I rolled my eyes and laid my head back on the window. From the reflection I saw something, two glowing red dots, I squinted my eyes to see what it was but I couldn't tell, so I turned to look at Alex she was just smirking at the guy who had his head down.

He quickly grabbed his stuff and changed seats, she plumped next to me and made herself comfortable.

"What?" She asked, I shrugged her question off and tried to forget what I saw and try to get some sleep.

I was running away as fast as I could, I looked behind me and a pair of red eyes glowing in the dark. They were getting closer to me and I felt I was running in my place, the red eyes soon turned into a beast, a huge black wolf.

I turned to run away again but I found myself sitting on the grass, I couldn't get up, I was just waiting for the beast to kill me.

It growled at me and started running towards me at full speed, my heart was beating fast and my breathing was heavy. When it finally reached me it pounced on me.

I jumped out of my sleep sweating intensely and out of breath, I looked out the window and we were about to stop, we were in the middle of nowhere with one single path in the middle of the trees.

To my left, Alex was asleep with her head laid back and lips half open. The bus came into a stop, the driver started waking up everyone and I needed to get out but Alex was blocking my way. I sighed and stood up, I didn't want to wake her so I just squeezed past her.

I didn't not succeed in passing in front of her...

because I lost my balance and ended up sitting on her lap, her sudden groan caught me off guard and I felt her hands grip on my hips softly, something in me was telling me to grind of her but I quickly erased the thoughs.

I turned to look at her and she was already staring at me with an indescribable look. I shied away and got off of her then quickly existing the bus. What is wrong with me? Why did I like it? I was enjoying her hands on my hips way too much...

My heart was going crazy and the thoughts were crazier, I was blushing so hard and it showed. I saw Harley close to the bus where I had my luggage and I ran to her.

"Harley!" I called for her, she saw me and waved at me with a smile. I gave her a smile and stood in line next to her to take my stuff.

"Did your bus have an Ac?" She asked randomly, I gave her a confused look but still answered her.

"Yeah it did, why?" She gave me an amused look and pointed to my face.

"Your face is red, that's why" she answered with a chuckled. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my suitcase.

We were assigned a cabin for eight people and two would have to share a room. I was hoping Harley would be my roommate for this week. Me and her were walking towards our cabin, a teacher was standing with a list in front of the door. He started assigning rooms and the number was shrinking until there were four of us left. Harley, me, a random girl and Alex.

"Jones you'll be with Miss Walters" he pointed to Harley and Alex, so I was going to share a room with the random girl. She did look like a nice person, when I went to greet the girl I could feel a pair of eyes burning holes on the back of my head.

"Hi I'm Nadine" I introduced myself, she was a few inches taller than me. She smiled and gave me her hand to shake.

"Jackie" she said taking my hand, her eyes went to something behind me and her smile went wider.

"Here let me help you with that" she grabbed my suitcase making sure to step very close to me.

"Well thank you, that's sweet of you" I thanked her then followed after her inside the cabin. I felt someone brush past me looking very upset, I rolled my eyes at Alex who was stomping her way to her room.

"Good luck with that" I mumbled to Harley who just looked so done with everything. Let's hope this week ends quickly because I was starting to regret it.

****************************************
Hello lovely people, here's another chapter! Have a good day and drink lots of water!!

Muah

-S