CHAPTER 17

Kali's pov

I was taking to the solitary cells in this station, the two men with masks over their faces tied my hands and legs to a chair and then one of them took off his masks.

"You thought you could put a cop in jail you stupid bitch, I am the law..." Brandon smirked, now everything was starting to make sense, how he could be set free after the things his done. I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a huge smile.

"Brandon! You're alive, cool cool. Not for long though" I laughed, he must be sick in the head if he thinks I'm scared of him or whatever he was trying to do.

"Hmmm I'm so gonna fuck your girl Brandon, she's sweet, soft and she likes me more..." I said with a huge smirk, while moving my hips slightly and made sure he saw it move in my tight pants, I am pretty confident that my dick was way bigger than his and he knew it since his face fumed with anger. He stepped closer to me.

"Oh and your daughter? Yeah you remember her right, she obviously loves me more than she'll ever love you. I'll legally be her new dad very soon" I said once again with a smirk still plastered on my face. He leaned closer with a hateful stare and grabbed on each side of the chair.

"I'm going to beat you so bad, you won't be recognizable when I'm done" he threatened, I raised my eyebrow at him curiously and watched him put steel knuckles on.

"Really, you're too weak to use your hands. Pathetic" I probably shouldn't have said that, he was only getting more upset. He punched me once right in the cheek, I could feel my skin burning. He punched me again but this time it was right in the nose and I heard a crack, after that punches were coming my way from every direction. My stomach was aching, my sides, my ribs but not once did he hear my screams. It was very hard for me to see because of the blood running down my face, he looked very happy with what his done.

"P-Pussy..." I said spitting on him, I saw him stop for a second then his foot came straight to my head making me fall to the side and everything went dark.

Avah's pov

Kris bursted through the room and found me sitting on Kali's bed with a sleeping Nadine in my arms. I couldn't stop crying, I was terrified of what that man could do to us after Kali is gone.

"My parents are here, they're going to help you. And get Kali out" he explained, I laid Nadine on the bed and covered her then followed after Kris. Downstairs, stood a man and a woman, both dresses elegantly. The man was tall with dark hair that he had brushed back and fixed with gel, while the woman had dark brown hair that laid against her back.

"Good morning, you must be Avah" the woman said with a smile, I nodded and tried to give her a smile back. She walked closer to me and gave me her hand to shake, the man was busy talking on the phone but when his wife turned to look at him he hanged up and smiled at me.

"I'm Sebastian, Kali's father. And this is my wife Florence" he shook my hand, he looked at his wife and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"We have to go to the police station, to get Kali out. Again..." Florence said with a loud sigh, I asked Kris to hand me his phone. I typed what I was thinking than handed it to the couple in front of me.

'I'm sorry I've damaged my vocal cords in a previous accident that's why I can't speak, Kali has told me she's murdered someone. Wouldn't that make it hard to get her out?'

"She killed someone? What did she use this time?" The father asked Kris, was this a normal behavior in their family. Murder was okay, I mean my dad did deserve to die but I was genuinely curious on how they feel about killing people with no emotions or being worried about the consequences.

"Kris and Sarah will watch over your kid, you should go with us. We might need your testimony" her father said and lead me to the car that was waiting in front of the door.

It didn't take long for us to reach the station, The Martins were greeted at the door and were spoken to with respect.

"Steve! Where is she?" Sebastian asked a middle aged man who was sitting at the front desk. The man looked up unfazed with The Martins' presence and just sighed pointing to a door. When Sebastian tried to open the door two officers stepped in his face and forbid him from walking in further.

"I'm sorry sir, but with orders from the court this inmate isn't allowed any visitors?" The officer said, inmate? She hasn't even been to jail yet, something is wrong. There must be something wrong... I had a feeling Brandon has something to do with this.

"You're telling me I am not allowed to see my own daughter?!" Sebastian yelled at the cop who was avoiding to look at him, Florence went to her husband and put her hand on his shoulder.

"It's alright honey" she said with a cold voice while staring at the two cops watching the door. We waited for almost half an hour to talk to a supervisor but we were caught off guard when the door opened, revealing two cops dragging a beaten up Kali. Her lip was busted, her eyes were black and she had bruises all over her face while her nose and mouth were bleeding.

"Hey! What the hell happened to her!" Sebastian yelled trying to stop them but the guards grabbed him and we all watched as they put her in a police car and drove away. One of the cops that were dragging her looked back at me but I didn't get a good glimpse at his face since he had a face mask and sunglasses on.

"Where are they taking her?!" Sebastian yelled once again,

"She's an inmate, she'll be put in jail until her trail." I went to the receptionist guy called Steve and gestured that I needed a pen and paper. After a few tries of him trying guess he finally got it and I started writing.

'She can't be charged if it was self defense. She was trying to protect my daughter, who my father (the person she killed) molested.' I handed Florence and Sebastian the piece of paper and they looked at each other. I felt the woman's arms wrap around my shoulders and pull me into a tight hug, she grabbed her phone and called someone. She explained to him what was going on, Sebastian was yelling at the cops but they didn't say anything or budge from their places.

"I called our family lawyer, she'll be here soon." Florence said to the both of us, Sebastian huffed in frustration and plumped on the seat next to us while his wife tried to calm him down.

*******************************

Heellooo, I hope everyone is doing okay! Drink a lot of water it's very hot outside..

Muaah

-S