CHAPTER 8

Kali's pov

We haven't seen or heard from Avah for a few days, everyone was starting to get worried and so was I. Brandon was here though, he was here the whole time. The second day when we didn't see Avah, everyone kept asking him where she was and he shrugged his shoulder.

"You tell me where she is, or I'm going to bust that door down" Kris threatened, Brandon rolled his eyes and smiled creepily.

"Go ahead, see if you find anything" he said pointing to the door. He was just drinking a beer casually as if the girl wasn't missing, Daniel went downstairs, Tony went to look in the rooms in this floor while me Kris and Carolina were in front of Brandon and Avah's room, Sarah is in her room because her foot still hurt a little.

I've had enough his bullshit so I slapped the bottle out of his hand and he just rolled his eyes. I smiled at him and his smirk dropped. I grabbed him by the head and slammed his face on the wall. The man dropped to the ground unconscious.

"That felt nice" I mumbled, I asked Carolina to go grab something to tie him with. As for my brother, he tried to open the door but it was locked, he looked at me for permission and I nodded. A door can be replaced easily, he kicked it down.

"Avah?" Kris called while I looked around, I went to look in the bathroom but she wasn't there. Kris was looking in the closet and she of course wasn't there, I bent to look under the bed and the girl was nowhere to be found. I remember this was my dad's old room, when he used to come here for vacation, he used to bring lots of money so he built a safe. But now that he has his own bank, he didn't come here anymore. So he must have something in here, a hidden door maybe?

"Kris?" I said, he looked at me with his hands on top of his head looking worried sick.

"Remember when dad used to hide his money here?" I said, his eyes widened in realization and slowly started stepping on the wooden floor trying to hear an unfamiliar sound that could mean there was an empty cavity under us.

"I'll look in the closet" I mumbled, I grabbed the clothes and started throwing them out. Shoes, shirts everything, I started banging on the wall inch by inch. I was staring to give up when I heard a loud bang, I started to feel the wall with my fingers until I touched a piece of peeled wallpaper. Behind it was an empty space where I could put my fingers, I pulled the wall and it opened like a cabinet door.

I gasped at the scene in front of me, Avah was sitting with her knees pulled to her chest. She had something in her mouth forbidding her from talking or screaming, and her hands were tied in front of her. She looked tired and beaten, when I touched her she jumped and tried to back away from me.

"Hey it's okay, it's just me..." I whispered, her eyes met mine and they were filled with tears threatening to spill. I untied her hands and took off the cloth around her head that's keeping her from talking, I put a hand under her knees and one behind her back than pulled her out of that small hole in the wall.

"You're gonna be alright" I whispered again, she laid her head on my chest and let out a cry. It sounded like she's been holding it for a long time, my heart sunk at the sound of her cries. She looked so vulnerable and exhausted.

I walked out of the room to find Carolina standing next to Kris with her hand on her mouth with a horrified look. I stormed out of the room and I saw Bardon laying face down with his hands behind his back in pink cuffs, Carolina didn't find anything but those?!

  Tony and Daniel were standing there watching him. At the sight of Avah his eyes widened and he tried to get up but Carolina who was on my tails hit him in the stomach.

"Fuck you!" She yelled and followed after me to my room. I had everything to clean her bruises and check if she had any cuts or wounds.

"I think you should help her wash first" I asked Carolina, I tried to put Avah down but she gripped on my shirt tighter.

"No?" I whispered to her, she shook her head no in my chest. I laid her on the bed and asked Carolina to go grab the emergency kit.

"Avah..." I whispered, she looked up at me and I noticed her right eye had a huge bruise. I pushed her hair out of her face and she flinched.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you." I reassured her, she seemed embarrassed because she wouldn't look me in the eyes. Carolina handed me the kit and I put it on the bed next to us and jogged out of the room after seeing Avah's face, probably to go get an ice pack.

"Can you remove your shirt please" I asked her as I opened the kit and grabbed the necessities. She hesitated at first and I was about to get up and go call for Sarah or Carolina because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable but a hand grabbed mine making me stop in my place. She didn't say anything but her eyes were asking me to stay. I sat back and grabbed the freeze spray from the kit while she carefully took off her shirt wincing a little.

She had a pink bra on and red ink tattoo between her boobs which was very appealing to look at. I averted my eyes from her chest, even though I wanted to look but now was not the time. My thoughts were quickly switched to worried ones when I saw her bruised sides.

"This is very cold but I'll help with the muscle pain, okay?" I said softly, she nodded her head and I sprayed her bruises generously the  started wrapping her stomach with a bandage then I sprayed it again on top. The whole time she was staring at me curiously, I wonder why she didn't say anything the whole time.

"Can you tell me where it hurts?" I asked, she pointed to her throat. I tilted my head to the side confused, she gestured a phone with her hand and I handed her mine, I opened it for her and she went to notes.

'I hurt my vocal cords. I was screaming for hours none stop and now It hurts to speak'  she wrote,

I nodded my head and handed a bottle of water that I had on my nightstand.

"Tomorrow we'll go back so you can get a proper examination and you can file a report against him" I said strictly, her eyes widened and she shook her head no. I could tell she was having a panic, she was hyperventilating and I didn't know what to do.

"Hey hey it's okay" I tried to reassure her but it wasn't helping at all. The door opened and Sarah walked in, well, hoped on one leg hurriedly towards her bestfriend. I got off the bed while she wrapped her arms around Avah rocking the both of them. I saw that as my queue to leave but not before looking behind me one more time to find her looking at me with tears spilling out of her eyes.

**********************************
My dear readers!!!

Hi

Muah

-S