CHAPTER 21

Avah's pov

It's been a month and a week since Kali went to jail, and The Martins and Katrina have been doing everything to get her out of there. Brandon was nowhere to been seen, and I was thankful and my daughter has went to school since last week. Just to be safe, Kris had signed a driver to take us to her school and take us back home.

"Flo!" Katrina yelled when she walked through the door, I was waiting for the driver to come pick me up so we can go being Nadine from school so I was sitting in the living room.

"Sebastian! I got Kali court papers!" She yelled while she gripped on some papers. I heard the Martins run down stairs with smiles on their faces.

"Katrina that is the best thing I've heard all day!"  Florence said wrapping her arms around Katrina, I was very happy that Kali was finally going to stand in a legal trial in front of a judge.

"Today, at 3pm she'll stand in front of a judge, so we're going to need Avah's testimony and her daughter's." She explained to all of us, speaking of my daughter. I looked at my watch it was 11:30pm and the driver was late, Nadine gets out of school at 12pm. I was starting to feel that something was wrong...

I pushed past them and went to the door maybe the driver was stuck in traffic, maybe he was right in the corner, maybe he forgot to come to pick me up.

"What's wrong Avah?" I heard Kris ask, he handed me his phone that was already opened on the note app.

'the driver was supposed to be here 15min ago, I need to go get Nadine from school. I have a bad feeling'

"Okay okay I can drive you there, I'll get my keys" he said, a few seconds later he came out of the door and we got in a black car.

We reached the school and the place was crowded, patents waiting for their children and I couldn't see Nadine anywhere. We looked insider the school, we asked teachers but they said they haven't seen her.

"Avah over there!" We saw a figure dragging Nadine by the hand, my daughter had a smile on her face and a candy cane in her hand. We ran after them and Kris called for Nadine which caught her attention. She saw us and waved and tried to let go of the person but they wrapper their arms around her body and picked her up.

"I'll go get the car, follow them" he said running back to where we parked the car and I followed after the person kidnapping my daughter. I was crying and gasping for air, I wanted to scream for help but I couldn't, my throat was burning because I was putting too much effort trying to scream.

Please don't take my baby from me...

I begged mentally as I sprinted across the crowded street to get to them. I was glad when I saw Kris' car, I quickly got in and he followed after the person. I saw the kidnapper get in a car, and the pursuit started.

"Avah I need you to grab my phone, and press the emergency button it's in my contacts" Kris said hurriedly, he was honking and swerving trying his best not to kill someone. I went into his pocket and pulled his phone out, I searched in contacts and found emergency button in all caps, I pressed on it and the phone started to make a siren sound.

My heart was beating so fast as I grabbed on the handle on my side while Kris was literally going 80 in a 35. From afar we could see the kidnapper run a red light and I knew if we didn't do it as well we will most likely lose them.

I just closed my eyes and held to the handle for dear life, I felt the car fly and I had this weird feeling in my stomach like when you go on rollercoaster ride and you feel like your stomach is floating, yes that feeling... I hate it.

The car dropped hard on the ground making the both of us jerk forward. We could still see their car right in front of us and Kris picked up the speed and bumped into the back of their car trying to make them stop. I tapped his shoulder shaking my head no, Nadine was there and we can't cause them to crash or she'll get hurt.

Kris was side to side with them, the windows were down and I could see two people one driving and one in the back seat holding Nadine who was crying. The driver pulled down their mask and I wasn't even surprised.

Brandon was smirking at me with a gun in his hand pointed towards us. He started shooting at Kris and I, we ducked so we won't get shot.

We heard a car honking at us, and he had to press the brakes. Before we went into a sudden halt, the person on the back seat had their hood off and I could tell it was a woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes. Features that I'll always recognize, we watched as their car dashed away.

"Shit" Kris mumbled and put the car on reverse to get out of the way then started following them again. Only this time we couldn't see their car anymore, we were looking left and right but there was no trace of them. I was crying hysterically and I felt helpless, I didn't know what was going on or what happened.

How can she do this to me, I thought she was my best friend. She was the last person who I thought would stab me in the back, she was my sister and she was there for me when Brandon was too much to handle.

"There" I heard Kris mumble, we saw the same car go in building's underground parking lot and we decided to follow them and keeping a distance so they won't see us.

"Back up will be here soon, we mustn't lose them" Kris said as we drove down the parking lot. We could still see them from afar, they parked and the two adults got out of the car.

Brandon got out with a huge smirk then Sarah got out, I looked at Kris and he had the same reaction. He didn't believe what he was seeing and neither did I.

The two hugged and Sarah wrapped her arms around Brandon's neck and he leaned down to kiss her. I could see Kris' knuckles turn white from anger and he quickly opened the glove box pulling a gun out. I tried to stop him but he yanked his arm away and got out of the car.

"Hey!" Kris yelled pointing the gun at the two, they stared at him surprised. I was hiding behind cars where they couldn't see me.

"S-sarah?" I heard Kris say, he had tears in his eyes and his face was red from anger.

"How can you do this to me Sarah?" He whispered, Sarah took a step forward but he pointed the gun towards her.

"Kris baby, this isn't what it looks like. I swear" she said trying to get closer to him, I can hear Kris cry and sniffle.

"No Kris, it is what it looks like." Brandon said with smirk on his face, which caught Kris' attention.

"You see, Sarah and I have been having an affair since Avah and I had a kid. You just happened to be a rich boy who could provide us with the money we needed" Brandon explained, two loud gun shots were heard through the empty parking lot. I gasped but quickly put my hand over my mouth then peaked again to see what happened.

"What did you do!" Sarah screamed as she ran towards the man laying on the ground...

*********************************
I know you guys hate cliffhangers but I love them....

So tell me, who do you think got shot?

-S