CHAPTER 19

Avah's pov

The Martins and I were sent back home, we weren't allowed to see or check on Kali. God poor Kali, she must be scared in that shit hole. I was so worried about her, what if they hurt her there.

We heard the doorbell and Kris ran to open the door, a tall redhead woman who had so many similarities with Carolina but a little older walked in. She was wearing a black feminine business suit and her hair was tied in a high ponytail.

"Katrina thank you for coming" Florence said and went to hug her, she hugged Sebastian and Kris. She looked at me and smiled, she was about to shake my hand but she was pushed quickly.

"Back off! I get to hug her first!" Carolina popped out of nowhere and wrapped her arms around me. I chuckled and hugged her back, she was a few inches taller and her hair was all over my face.

"How are you Avah!" She asked holding my hand in a comforting manner. I patted it and smiled nodding my head telling her that I was alright.

"Did Kali take it well? I may have accidentally told her you had a kid" she whispered making me roll my eyes and made a 'a little bit' hand gesture and she smiled.

"That means she brought her here, Ah! Where is she?" Carolina said excited, I chuckled and pointed to the stairs. She giggled and took off her heels so she can run upstairs faster.

"Just ignore my sister, she's a bit overexcited" Katrina said shaking my hand, I was intimidated by the aura of this woman. She was powerful, independent and very attractive.

"I'm Katrina, The Martins' lawyer" I smiled politely and she kept looking at me probably waiting for me to introduce myself so I pointed to my neck.

"She can't speak, vocal cord injury" Kris explained, she raised her brows in surprise and nodded in understanding the situation with a hint of sympathy in her eyes.

"So what did Kali do this time? It must be bad that you had to call me....again" she opened her jacket and sat next to Florence on the couch.

"Well, she shot someone. Only this time it wasn't because of a fight, she was trying to protect Avah's daughter" Sebastian explained lighting his cigar, Katrina rolled her eyes and looked at me.

"Is that true?" She asked, I asked Kris to give me his phone so I can type the answer and he did.

'my father, was doing horrendous things to my four year old. And when Kali knew about it, she shot him'

I handed her the phone, she raised one eyebrow as she read through the text. She gave me the phone back and sighed.

"So you're telling me that Kali killed someone for you?" She asked once again, she seemed to doubt what I just told her but I chose not to react in a bad way because maybe she just needs to know more so I agreed with what she asked.

"So it was intentional" she said again, I looked at Sebastian and then at Florence who were waiting for me to do something. I sighed and nodded once again.

"It could be put as self defense right?" Kris asked, Katrina shrugged her shoulders still staring at me suspiciously.

"Oh my god, she's so cute!" We heard Carolina yell from the stairs, a few seconds later little foot steps were heard running my way. I picked up Nadine and sat her on my lap, she was looking at everyone confused.

"Where's Kali?" She asked checking behind us, she thought Kali was going to sneak up behind her and pick her up. I smiled sadly at her and everyone decided not to answer her question.

"I guess we could find a way to make it look like it was self defense but I do have a question" she leaned on her knees and stared at me intensely.

"If no one was around the house, and no one reported the body only after a week or so, how come Kali is the first suspect and not you?" Her question caught me off guard, no, seriously she's got a point.

"She's yours right, how come the cops didn't come looking for you? I find that very suspicious" she asked still staring at me, I wasn't sure if she was accusing me for planing this or she was saying someone had snitched on Kali.

"The only people who knew about Kali and Avah going to her dad's house were me and Sarah" Kris explained, Katrina leaned back on the couch and sighed loudly.

"So we have a snitch, it's either you or Sarah. And we knew Sarah for the longest, so you're first on the list" she pointed to me, I didn't know how to feel and I couldn't even defend myself because I was mute.

Carolina stood up with her hands on her hips, she was staring at her sister who had an annoyed face.

"I will personally promise that this girl right here is innocent" she pointed to me, Katrina stood up and pushed past her sister rolling her eyes.

"She's a suspect until proven innocent" Katrina said her eyes still glued to me. They went to my daughter and she tilted her head to the side as if she was trying to figure out something.

"What's that?" She asked and pointed to Nadine. I looked down and my daughter's skirt was above her knees and a few bruises were showing, they were fading away because Kali and I have been taken care of her.

"Can I?" She asked and I nodded my head. Nadine was glaring at her with a suspicious look which made Katrina smile amused.

"Who are you? Where's Kali? She'll kick your butt" Nadine slapped Katrina's hands away, I kissed her head and nodded made head so she can let the lawyer do her job. Her bruises could be evidence that'll help take Kali out.

"It's alright kid, I just need to take pictures of your bruises. Is that okay?" Katrina asked my daughter,

"Yeah and lie to me like grandpa did? No thank you" Nadine replied with an attitude and pushed herself closer to me. Katrina was surprised with what my daughter said.

"Avah how about you do it and send me everything, this could help with Kali's case" Carolina said gently touching my shoulder. Katrina sighed and stood up fixing her suit, I nodded my head at Carolina and stood up with Nadine in my arms. Katrina is so scary and intimidating, why was me and Sarah the main suspects in the first place. Speaking of Sarah, I haven't seen her in a while.

****************************************
Hello lovely people! I hope you're having a great day, here's another chapter!

What do you think?

-S