CHAPTER 12

Kali's pov

It's been a couple of days since Sarah and Avah  have been staying in my house, I'm mostly in my office trying to do my work. I wasn't avoiding anyone, I just needed to drown myself with work. I wake up early to go to the office then I'll go to a bar to have a drink after that I'll come back home very late when everyone is sleeping.

Carolina walked in my office with a small smile then sat on the couch, I haven't seen her since that day at the hospital. She had work and so did I, I smiled and leaned back on my chair.

"You missed me?" I said amused, she rolled her eyes and gave me the middle finger.

"Actually, I did not. I'm here to tell you something" she said in all seriousness catching me off guard, what is it that's bothering her? I thought to myself, did something bad happen at work?

"It's about Avah's abusive boyfriend" she said shortly, she was giving me anxiety with the short sentences.

"Yeah, what about him? He's in jail" I told her, obviously I made sure he stays in jail until his trail. There were multiple warrants for his arrest, assault, rape and use of a fire arm.

"Nope, he's out. How do I know that? I just fucking saw him" she said, he can't be out. There must've been a mistake. He's too dangerous to be let free.

"That's not possible, where? And how is he even out?" I asked curiously, I was shocked with this new information. Something I wasn't expecting at all, this man needs to be put in jail forever.

"Well, I was at the mall getting new clothes and I saw him getting out of there with bags fall of stuff in his hands" she explained, she looked at her phone and sighed. She stood up and walked towards me, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and rubbed my shoulder in a comforting gesture.

"I just thought you should know, he might be up to something specially that Avah didn't get her kid yet" She said making my head swing to look at her, what the hell is she even talking about?! Avah has a kid? Carolina noticed my shocked expressions and her eyes widened.

"Shit, she didn't tell you? I- I'm gonna leave. Bye!" She sprinted out of the office, my jaw was still on the ground and my eyes wider than the moon. She had a kid with him? If that's true where is this child? Why didn't she say anything? For all we know Brandon could be harming it.

I grabbed my jacket and car keys then left the office, I went straight home this time and quickly walked inside looking around for anyone.

"Kris! Sarah!" I yelled, Kris came running down the stairs looking worried. Then Sarah and Avah followed.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, I walked closer to him with a cold expression.

"Did you know that she has a kid?" I asked, they all looked at each other surprised which meant it was the truth. I rubbed my hands against my face in frustration.

"Brandon is out! He could be harming your kid right in this moment and you're not even worried?!" I looked at her disappointed, she looked like she wanted to say something but obviously she couldn't.

"Just when I started to think you were actually a good person and it was life that did you dirty..." I said sarcastically, she walked closer to me but I took a step back. She turned to look at Kris and Sarah and they nodded leaving the both of us alone. I felt her small hand grab mine and she pulled me to couch in the living room. Our hands perfectly fit together and hers were so soft, for some reason this made me less upset so I let her pull me down on the couch. She grabbed my phone from my other hand and started typing.

I watched as she typed fast, deleting stuff then rewriting. Her face had a different emotion every two seconds and I just waited patiently for her to hand me the phone.

'I didn't leave my daughter purposely, she's with my dad. He's a homophobic racist conservative and I had no choice but to leave her with him, he threatened to leave this city and I'll never find them. Him and Brandon are on the same page, I just needed the right time to go get her. Maybe after Brandon's trial, but since he's out I'm afraid I'm gonna be too late.'

I read the text over and over, I looked at her and her eyes were filled with tears, I didn't know what to say or how to feel. I stared at her as she put her head on her hands and cried.

"There's no time to cry, get up" I said standing, I put the phone in my pocket and watched her reddish eyes stare at me in confusion.

"Are you gonna sit here and cry or are we going to get your kid?" I asked giving her my hand, she stared at it for a second than smiled grabbing it. I nodded and asked her to go wait for me in the car, I went to my room and straight to the safe. I put the code in and opened it, I stared at the rows of hundred bills stocked on top of each other. Small boxes that had one of the rarest jewls and on the far back, there was a pistol. I quickly grabbed it checking if it was loaded and put and extra mag in my pocket just in case.

"Kris!" I yelled as I ran downstairs, he was standing at the bottom of them.

"Be ready, I might have to use the emergency button" I ordered pointing to my phone, he gathered himself surprised and nodded his head quickly. In the family we had an emergency button, it didn't call the cops, instead, it'll call my dad and his men which were much better and more affective.

"You ready?" I asked Avah, she nodded with a small smile. I asked her to put the location on my phone and I started driving to our destination. From time to time, I could feel a pair of eyes starting at me. I turned to look at Avah and she was already looking at me, we were waiting for the light to turn green.

"What?" I asked, she just shrugged her shoulders and I noticed her cheeks started to turn red. Was she blushing? I raised my eyebrow at her amused and her face just turned into a deeper red.

I felt her hand creep on my lap which surprised me if I'm being honest. I stared at it for a second and then back at her. She was just looking at me innocently, she leaned closer to me and I couldn't help but to catch my breath. She was very close to my face and I can feel her warm breath on my cheek, she planted a soft kiss on it, and it was very close to the corner of my mouth. I had no idea how to feel about this, I liked the feeling of her soft lips on my cheek but I was confused why she'd do that.

"I- what?" I said out of breath, she chuckled at my sudden nervousness and mouthed a thank you.

"Oh..." I said in realization, I scratched the back of my neck and started driving without another word.

Why was my heart beating so fast when she came closer to me, why did I like her lips on my skin? And the real question is why did my pants get tighter after that small kiss....

**********************************
Hello my friends!! I hope you're having a good day, here's another chapter I hope you enjoy it!

Tell me what you think is gonna happen next...

Love you!

-S