CHAPTER 30

Nadine's pov

I woke up unbelievably exhausted since I found it hard to sleep, I was still upset over last night's events. Luckily I was fast to shower and change into my uniform.

"Nadine!" I heard my mom call from me, I fixed my tie and pulled my hair out of my face. I still haven't talked to my parents about getting me a car, since our driver used to drive back at my old school.

"Morning momma" I kissed her on the head and  went to look for my other mom. After looking everywhere I found her doing push ups in our gym, I smiled and walked towards her.

"Who's taking me to school today?" I asked crossing my arms, she looked at me pausing for a second then went back to doing her push ups.

"Your car will arrive next week, so now you'll have to ride with Alex" she said getting up, my eyes almost popped out of my head and fell in front of me at the things my mother just said.

"Why her?! She's so rude! Didn't you see what she did last night?!" I asked confused, why out of all people she had to drive me to school. I had to see her for one week straight every second of each day.

"Nadine, the driver is on vacation, your car isn't ready yet, your mom and I have work and your sister is 11. So either you ride with Alex or walk to school" she said wiping her face with a towel, I sighed and walked out of the gym. I grabbed my bag then went outside, I would rather walk.

I typed the school's name on my phone and clicked on map, I put my bag over my shoulder and followed the directions.A few minutes later I heard a car drive next to me, I ignored but they started honking at me.

"What?!" I yelled looking at the driver to fond Alex, who had an annoyed look on her face.

"Get in, your mom asked me to drive you to school" she said with a loud sigh, I flipped her off and kept walking away but of course she followed after me.

"Look here lady, a few feet from here the road goes through a forest. If you wanna walk through it alone, go ahead see if I care" she said, I stopped and stared at the empty road in front of me. Would I risk it and go for a walk, or just get in her car. I heard her sigh and start closing her window.

"Wait!" I called for her before she left me, I sighed in annoyance and went to the passenger's seat. I slammed the door shut and crossed my arms in front of me.

"That's what I thought" she mumbled, her voice made my ears throw up. I hated her, I hated her scent, her voice, everything about her disgusted me.

"Just shut up and drive!" I yelled pulling on the seatbelt, for the rest of the drive she didn't say anything. We drove in silence until we reached a huge gate. She leaned out of the window and scanned her badge, that's when I noticed the pants, she was wearing the same uniform as me but with pants instead of a skirt.

"What's up Alex!" Some guy pushed his head through the window just as she stopped in the parking lot.

"Who's this fine babe?" He asked getting his face closer to me, I grimaced disgusted and pushed him out by the face.

"I'd rather you not getting that close to me" I said getting out smacking him with the door, he groaned and held his stomach. I'll be damned if I let anyone get under my skin, I'm here to focus on my studies.

"School ends at 3" I heard Alex say, I left her there with her friend and went inside the building. The huge signs all over the place showed me the way to the administration, it didn't take long for them to give me my schedule. Turns out everyone on the same grade had the same classes, on the same time,  and the same amphitheater.

"Have a good day miss Martin" the receptionist said with a smile, I nodded giving her a smile back and left the office. I followed the map on the papers to my first class, I wasn't late because the teacher wasn't there yet. I walked inside and looked around the amphi at all the faces, thank god I didn't see her. I chose one of the front seats and pulled out my stuff waiting for the teacher to arrive.

"Good morning class, my name is Mr. Recher and I'm your mathematics teacher" the middle aged man said putting his bag on the desk, he didn't even bother to call names he went straight to explaining how we were already late and we had to start the lesson fast. Late for what? When? How? This was literally the first day of school?

In the middle of the period someone knocked on the door then opened it, Alex walked in not even looking at the teacher and went to the back of the class. Wasn't she worried she was late? Or that it could effect her grades.

"Miss Jones, thanks for showing up" the teacher said sarcastically, it seemed like it was a habit for her to be late.

I felt something hit the back of my head, I looked down and I saw a crumbled piece of paper. I sighed and looked behind me to find a couple of boys smirking and giving me kisses. I cringed and turned to look in front of me.

"Horny animals" someone commented, I looked to my side where a girl who I didn't see when I first came in. she smiled and gave me her hand to shake which I took politely.

"Don't worry about them, they've always been jerks" she said rolling her brown eyes, she had long brunette hair that was put in a braid. She was probably the same height as me.

"Harley" she introduced herself,

"Nadine" I replied with a smile, before the class ends. I was hit by a paper plane, a ball of paper, a pen cap and when I turned to look they were the same guys from earlier.

"What the fuck?!" I heard a masculine voice say, the guy who smirking at me from earlier was holding his head and looking around confused.

"Someone just headshotted me with a calculator" the guy said loudly, the teacher rolled his eyes looking so over it and turned to the board to continue his lesson. I, of course, didn't miss the smirk on Alex's face. Why was she smirking?

***************************************
This won't have a huge plot twist, but maybe a happy ending. This is my way of apologizing for:

1-killing Freda in the last book "Love And Royalty"

2-the emotional damage I've caused from all the books.

3-and for constantly playing with your feelings.

You may add more reasons here.

-S