f o u r

That night when Ronnie got out of shower, she set the towel that was wrapped around her hair on her bed, and got spooked when there was a knock on her window

That night when Ronnie got out of shower, she set the towel that was wrapped around her hair on her bed, and got spooked when there was a knock on her window. She slowly turns her head, towards her window, and grabs the baseball bat near her nightstand, walking towards the window, holding the bat up. Using one of her hands to grab ahold of her curtains, taking a deep breath before yanking back the curtain and grasping her bat tighter, seeing Steve give her an cheeky smile through the window. 

She huffs, and unlocks her window, taking a step back further into her room, allowing Steve to sneak in, and stumble in. 

"Shh!" She demands, and he puts his hands up in defense, and watches as Ronnie locks her door. 

"You scared the shit out of me." She admits, tightening her grip on her towel. Not liking the feeling of being completely naked underneath a small towel, while Steve was in her room. 

"Why do you have a bat in your room?" He asks her, making himself comfortable by sitting the edge of her bed, leaning back on his arms. 

"Old habit from always being home alone." She confesses. 

He nods slowly, glancing down her bare legs, then back up to her wet hair.

"Yeah, I get that. My parents aren't home that often either, and when they are they don't give a shit about me." He expresses, and she purses her lips. 

"Steve?" Ronnie starts, and he looks into her eyes.

"Yep?" He asks, and she tilts her head at him. 

"Why are you here? It's nearly... midnight." She asks, looking at there clock on her nightstand.

"I just wanted to make sure you guys got home safe." He answers sweetly, and she sits beside him, looking into his eyes, watching his Adam's apple bob up and down. She could tell he was nervous, never remembering him ever being nervous, especially around girls, and especially with girls in a closed room.

"You could have called." Ronnie contends. 

"I don't have your number." He quickly defends, and she raises her brows at him, and smiles lightly. 

"My number is Dustin's number." She explains, and his cheeks turn slightly pink, embarrassed from being caught, and she chuckles, easing him from the embarrassment. "Why are you really here?" 

He shrugs, playing with the lining of her comforter, making sure his eyes don't meet hers. 

"I thought maybe we could catch up or something." He confesses, she looks away hiding her smile, getting up from her bed, and walking towards her dresser. 

"Okay, well turn around so I can put some clothes on you creep." Ronnie jokes, and he chuckles, turning completely around on her bed, and she smiles at the back of his head.

Quickly throwing on a t-shirt, and a pair of shorts, she clears her throat as she puts on a hoodie, Steve slowly turns around to face her again, and rubs his chin to hide the fact that he's smiling at her. The sight of her with no makeup, wet hair, and clothes that swallow her, the real her just breaks him down more. Watching as she grabs a throw blanket from her closet, getting settled on top of her bed and pats the spot next to her. He obliges, taking a seat next to her, leaning his back against her headboard.