t e n

"Asshole

"Asshole." Ronnie mutters underneath her breath as she picks herself up off of the ground. 

Once she's up on her feet, two Russian men tie her hands together, then leave her alone, locking the door behind them. She takes the opportunity to look around the room, seeing if anything would help her at all get untied, but comes up short.

After a few minutes, she takes a seat on the ground getting a backache, when two men come back in, with one standing by the door and the other crouching down to her level. 

"Your boyfriend tell us nothing." The Russian speaks up in his broken English. 

"He's not my boyfriend." Ronnie spits through her teeth. 

"Maybe he tell us the truth if we hurt you." He adds, and she rolls her eyes. 

Meanwhile, Steve was still in the process of being roughly interrogated. Getting another punch in the face, spitting out blood that was piled in his mouth. 

"That one stung." Steve lets out, wincing as he tries to catch a deep breath. 

"Who do you work for?" The commander repeats himself. 

"For the millionth time, I work at Scoops Ahoy!" Steve answers, frustrated and out of breath. 

He was sweating, full of blood all over his face, hair in his eyes. His face already began to swell. The commander obviously didn't enjoy Steve's answer, nodding to another Russian, giving Steve a huge blow to the gut. 

"What the hell!" Steve cries. "Look at my outfit!" He starts to reason, rocking back and forth from the pain. 

"You think I just wear this? Think I'm a spy in a sailor's uniform?" Steve adds, but the commander just gives his colleague another look, giving Steve another punch, and this time it knocks the wind out of him, bending over from losing all the breath in his lungs. 

"How did you get in?" 

"I already told you. I told you before." He gasps in between sentences. "My delivery didn't come, and my friends and I, we thought that it was left at the loading dock, so we went in the room, and then it turned into an elevator, and then... and then we dropped and then, next thing we know, I open my eyes and, we're in this... wonderful facility." 

Steve shakes his head, trying to plead for his innocent explanation. "I swear nobody knows about us, nobody saw us. You could just let us go, all right? And I'm not gonna tell anybody about this, okay? Shit happens, life goes on." 

The commander just looks at Steve with an angry expression, tilting his head at him, and bursts out laughing with his colleague, making Steve confused and forcing himself to laugh with them, before he bends down face to face with Steve. 

"Your girlfriend is strong." He tells Steve, his smile drops, clenching his jaw thinking about anyone laying a hand on her. 

"I swear, if you-"