f o u r t y

"All right

"All right. There's not that many." Steve hopefully comments. "We can take them. Right?" 

A loud chitter echoed in the air, their eyes moving up seeing a swarm coming their way in the light of the red lightning. 

"You were saying?" Ronnie asked.

"The woods. Come on!" Nancy insisted, pulling them with her in the opposite direction. 

They followed Nancy, running until they recognized Skull Rock, hiding underneath an opening until the swarm had hopefully passed. 

"That was close." Robin exhaled, standing up from under the rock. 

"Too close." Eddie added. 

"O-Oh shit." Steve groaned, stumbling onto the rock as he tried to stand up. 

"Steve?" Ronnie called after him, turning around when she heard him stumble. 

"I'm fine." He lied, leaning against the rock.

"No you're not. You're losing blood." She noticed, getting closer to him, examining his wounds.

"Sit." She demanded, assisting him as he slid down, holding his wound at the bottom of his torso, near his hip.

Releasing his hand, Robin exhaled with wide eyes, while Ronnie pursed her lips. 

"Okay. So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies." Robin mentioned, kneeling by him while Ronnie pulled the bottom of her t shirt underneath her sweater, tearing it. 

"But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive like you wanna punch me, let me know." Robin rambles. 

"Robin?" Steve mumbles, breathing heavily. 

"Yeah?" 

"I kinda wanna punch you." He answers, closing his eyes, wincing from the pain. 

"Sense of humor's still intact. That's a good sign." Robin chuckles, lightening his mood. 

"Lean forward." Ronnie orders Steve.

His arms up and out from his side, Ronnie looks up at him. 

"Ready?" She asked, and he took a deep breath in, closing his eyes. 

"Yeah, just do it." He answered. 

She leaned forward, wrapping the ripped fabric, around his waist, making sure to cover his open wound. Looking up as she tightened it around him, she noticed his arms flexed, squeezing his eyes from the pain. 

"That okay?" 

"Yeah, that's good." Steve assured her, leaning back down, as she tied it off.

He looked down at her, while she finished, and she gave him a weak smile.