f i f t e e n

After Ronnie rewraps El's leg, they help her up to the middle of the food court, so they all could gather around to catch each other up on all their recent adventures

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her to pave a way into our world." Mike explains. 

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy adds, referring to the slug looking thing from El's leg. 

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks. 

"It's big. Thirty feet at least." Jonathan confirms. 

Lucas carrying on about how the monster destroyed Hopper's cabin and awkwardly apologizing for it. 

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big, fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve comprehends. 

"Yes." Nancy answers quickly. 

"But, instead of like screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people." Ronnie comments, looking at everyone for confirming if it sounds as ridiculous to her as it does to them.

"Yes, exactly."

"I-Yeah, I'm just making sure." Steve finishes. 

They go around, starting a plan of how they need to kill it, when Murray rushes over to them with papers, showing hand drawn floorplans of the Russian basement. Which makes Dustin and Erica argue on how they spent 24 hours down there, showing the adults what it actually looks like down there. Offering that they both could navigate the vents for them on walkie. While they were discussing that, the other kids broke up into groups to catch up. 

"I can't believe you're dating Nancy Wheeler." Ronnie brings up to Jonathan, and he chuckles, looking up, watching Nancy talking to Max. 

"And I can't believe you confessed your love to Steve Harrington." Jonathan teases back, and Ronnie nudges his shoulder with hers. 

"I do not love him. And for the record, he confessed his feelings back." Ronnie defends herself, shocking him.

"Ron, can I borrow Jonathan?" Nancy interrupts them, and she nods, walking away to give them privacy, making her way over to Steve sitting in the middle of the courtyard on the fountain. 

"How's your face feeling?" Ronnie asks him, and he touches his eye gently, wincing.

"Hurts like hell." He answers truthfully, and she smiles at him, sitting next to him. 

"With all the times you've gotten your ass beat, I think you're still a pretty boy." Ronnie flirts, giving him a smirk, and he chuckles, looking away, taken off guard. 

"Maybe when this is over, we can like... go out." Steve offers, smirking back at her. "You know with everyone." He adds, playing it off. 

"Yeah, maybe." She teases him, nudging into his shoulder.