t w e n t y - o n e

It was Robin and Steve's first day at Family Video, and Steve left Ronnie's house early to get Robin, agreeing to have most of the day to themselves to train and to win over Keith

It was Robin and Steve's first day at Family Video, and Steve left Ronnie's house early to get Robin, agreeing to have most of the day to themselves to train and to win over Keith. Meanwhile, Ronnie was woken up by a phone call from her mom. 

"So, we're going to have to move our trip a few weeks out." Anna, her mother informed her over the phone. 

"I'll be in school, can I just stay then?" 

"No, your father still insists on you coming to California with us. I'll see you soon honey." 

The call clicks, leaving Ronnie frustrated, taking a second to gather herself before getting ready to meet Robin and Steve at Family Video. Parking, she sees Steve pushing a cart full of movies through the window and smiles. 

"Gotta say, the vest definitely beats the sailor outfit." Ronnie announces herself, pulling her sunglasses to the top of her head, making Robin and Steve turn their heads towards her. 

Steve gives her a spin, showing her his entire outfit, flashing a smile. She walks over to the counter, leaning over it and giving Steve a small kiss. 

"I come bearing gifts." She adds, bringing up her hand, setting down a brown paper bag on the counter and sliding it towards them. 

Robin is quick to snatch the bag, opening up and taking out 3 burgers and 3 orders of fries. Both of them stuffing their faces before Ronnie even opened the paper around her burger, moaning from their hunger and craving satisfied. 

Ronnie stuck around after feeding her hungry friends, going through the endless variety of movies, attempting to help sort the movies to keep herself out of boredom.

"You've gotten cuter, Harrington." The high pitched, flirty comment got Ronnie's attention, looking up from the pile glaring at the blonde bimbo on the other side of the counter in front of Steve. 

Staying silent, she wanted to see how it would play out, how Steve would respond. Pretending to continue to sort the movies as she had her entire attention on Steve and the bimbo, Tanya. 

"Um, thanks. Just these 2 movies for you?" Steve asks her, keeping his eyes on the movies.

"Is there a rent 2 movies, get a free Steve deal going on?" Tanya flirts, making Steve nervously laugh, scratching the back of his neck, sliding the movies towards her.

"The Steve Harrington deal has expired. Due to the fact that he's officially off the shelves." He tells her, finally looking up at Tanya and smiling. 

"Now, who is ballsy enough to take up the challenge of getting you off the market? Don't tell me you're back with Nancy Wheeler." Tanya spoke up, leaning forward on the counter, pushing her boobs together to make it hard not to notice, even for Ronnie. 

"That ballsy chick would be the one and only, Veronica Covey." Steve answers confidently, opening his body to reveal Ronnie behind him.

She looks up seeing Steve smiling at her, with a surprised look on Tanya's face, swallowing from nerves.