t w e n t y

It was like Steve and Ronnie were glued to the hip after that night

It was like Steve and Ronnie were glued to the hip after that night. He snuck in every night to spend the night with her. Even if he was at her house with her and Dustin watching movies or just hanging out, he would say bye to Claudia and Dustin, then sneak in through her window. 

Dustin knew exactly what Steve was up to though. His room was across the hall, and could hear them laughing over the music she played in her room, thankful he didn't hear any inappropriate noises. 

"I think it's time for us to get a job." Robin brings up.

"Yeah, you're probably right. But, like, where? Starcourt is gone." Steve agrees. 

Ronnie pulls her sunglasses off, putting them on the top of her head, setting her book down. 

"What about that movie store? The one that Keith owns. Um, Video Family, oh no, it's Family VIdeo." Ronnie suggests.

Robin's face lights up, while Steve just scrunches up his face and shakes his head no. 

"Keith? Oh come on, he's so weird." Steve complains. 

"Yeah, but I mean, he's nice." Ronnie defends. 

"That's because he thinks your hot." Steve scoffs. 

"He's not wrong." Robin agrees. 

Steve glares at Robin, who just shrugs her shoulders, laughing at him. 

"Just give it a try." Ronnie insists. "And if you guys work there, I can come and watch movies all day while you guys work." 

"Yeah, come on Harrington. It'll be fun, it'll be like Scoops without the whole sailor uniform." Robin pleads. 

"Aw, the sailor outfits were cute." Ronnie teases.

"That's what got Ronnie hooked, the sailor uniform." Steve teases back, and Ronnie hits his shoulder. 

It didn't take much convincing for Steve to agree on applying at Family Video. Going their separate ways to get ready, Steve picked them both up then headed to the town. Whipping into the parking lot, Steve and Robin hop out of the car first, followed by Ronnie still scanning over their resumes. 

"You put your mom down as a reference? " Ronnie questions, looking up at him.

"Yeah. Why not? She's, like, super well-respected." He answers confidently. 

Ronnie looks over at Robin with furrowed brows, and Robin gives her a small shake of her head. 

"You're such a dingus." Robin commented, walking through the door as Steve held it for them. 

Ronnie slowly walked in as Steve's eyes were glued on her, sending her a wink, following close behind her with his hand on the small of her back. 

"Good luck, Pretty Boy, I'll be over here." She tells him, getting on her tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek, leaving him with Robin at the counter as she scanned through the aisles. 

Peeking through the customers and shelves to see how the interview with Keith was going, and by the look on Steve's face it didn't look like it was going well. Her thoughts were right when Steve walked away, headed towards her and she gave him a small smirk, wrapping her arms around his neck as he let out a deep sigh. 

"Robin's trying to save your ass, isn't she?" Ronnie asks, and Steve nods sadly. 

"He's being a total dick for no reason." He complains, tucking hair behind Ronnie's ear. 

"Good thing I came up with a back up plan." She mentions, Steve furrowing his brows at her. 

"You two planned something behind my back?" Steve realizes, letting go of her, and she rolls her eyes at how childish he was acting. 

"She's just going to pull the, 'Steve brings in the hot ladies' card, and I know it's going to work on Keith." Ronnie explains, putting her hands back onto his shoulders as he looks her in the eyes. 

"But, I don't want to date other girls, I already have a girlfriend." Steve comments, Ronnie raises her brows, unable to hide her smile at the mention of girlfriend, wrapping his arms back around her waist. 

"Well, Keith doesn't have to know about your girlfriend." She insists, smirking at him, he chuckles at her proposition and nods, kissing her gently. "Now get back in there." She adds, giving him a light smack on his butt, and he scrunches up his face, walking back to the counter. 

"I mean, look at the hot babe he's already brought in, Veronica Covey." Robin persuades, they both look over at her, and Ronnie gives Keith a small wave with a flirty smile, making Keith nervously wave back. 

"She's so hot." Keith agrees. 

The noise of Steve knocking over a Phoebe Cates cardboard cut out, makes them both turn to look at him, hearing him curse under his breath, trying to recover himself, and Robin gives Keith a apologetic smile. 

"Fine, he can work here, but I want to see the babes flowing in here." Keith gives in, and Robin smiles, thanking him one last time before waving Ronnie and Steve to the door. 

Robin pulls Ronnie's arm to slow her walk with her as Steve unlocks his car. "Have you told him?" She asks quietly, referring to Ronnie going on a trip with her parents. 

Ronnie looks up at Steve to make sure he wasn't listening in, and shakes her head. "Not yet, but I will." 

"You guys coming or what? I'm starving." Steve blurts out, throwing his hand up as he was halfway in his car. 

"I'm wiped from today." Steve complains, flopping his body on Ronnie's bed with his wet hair. 

"All you did was interview for a job, and Robin did all the work." Ronnie counters, closing her bathroom door, joining Steve in her bed. 

It was a routine they got down quick, and became their new normal. Sleeping together every night without actually sleeping together. It was like they were both afraid of messing up what they had with sex, and never even talked about it until tonight. 

"I like it when the girl does all the work." Steve adds jokingly, sending her a wink. 

She rolls her eyes, pulling the covers over her legs, turning her body to face Steve's. 

"Is that so?" She teases him. 

"Have you had sex before?" He blurts out. 

"That was forward." Ronnie comments, shifting her body to rest her weight on her elbow and nods. "Do I regret it? Yes." She adds lightly and he chuckles. 

"That bad?" He asks, this time she laughs, leaning her body on his to rest her head on his shoulder. 

"Let's just say he enjoyed it more than I did." She teases, nuzzling into his neck. 

"I hope you don't think I'm trying to rush or pressure you, I-I just, I don't want to mess this up." He comments, she smiles into his neck, then kisses his cheek. 

"I know, Pretty Boy. I don't want to mess this up either." She adds.