s e v e n

Agreeing to wait until close again, Erica goes off to do God knows what until dark, returning with a helmet and flashlights as requested

Agreeing to wait until close again, Erica goes off to do God knows what until dark, returning with a helmet and flashlights as requested. Duct taping them to her helmet, then leaving her to get on the roof.

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin speaks into the walkie talkie.

There's a short moment of static before they hear Erica's voice, "I copy. Are you nerds in position or what?" 

"Yeah, we're in position." Robin answered. "It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light." 

"Green light, roger that." 

Dustin continues to keep a look out through the binoculars, and Ronnie looks over at Steve, taking in a deep breath and he gives her a reassuring look. 

"Hey, it's gonna work." He whispers to her, and she nods, feeling his hand overlap hers. 

Robin continues to give Erica directions through the vent, while Ronnie feels like her heart is about to burst out of her chest. 

"Ronnie, I wanted to apologize for her earlier." Steve blurts out, and Ronnie gives him a light smile. 

"Don't worry about it." She reassures, then hear static over the walkie again. 

"I'm there. I see those boring boxes you're so excited about." Erica mentions. 

"Any guards?" Robin asks.

"Negative." Erica confirms. 

"Booby traps?" 

"If there were booby traps, they'd be pretty shit ones wouldn't they?" Erica sarcastically responds, and Ronnie chuckles. 

"Thank you for that." 

"I'm in." Erica adds a few seconds later, and Steve lets out a giant sigh of relief, running his hands through his hair. 

"Oh, God." Steve sighs, and Ronnie puts her hand on his shoulder, not looking at him, but he smiles to himself at her touch. 

They watch as the doors open, Erica strutting out and pointing at them on the roof. "Free ice cream for life." She reminds them, and they smiles rushing down to meet her at the dock. 

"Nice work Covey." Steve compliments, and she winks at him as he walks past her, and she surprises him by jumping on his back, and he instinctively holds up her weight, wrapping his arms around her legs to keep her up as they walk into the storage room. 

She jumps off when Robin pulls a box, opening the top, and they all hover over it when they see a metal box inside. Steve takes the lead to opening the latch, hearing air hiss out of it, and taking off the lid, seeing 4 cylinders inside.

"Well, that's definitely not Chinese food." Steve lightly comments, Ronnie giving him an obvious expression before Steve clears his throat. 

"Uh, maybe you guys should, you know stand back." He suggests, putting a hand on the top of one of the cylinders, and the 3 girls don't hesitate taking a giant step back, Ronnie pulling Erica with her.