t h i r t y - s e v e n

Ronnie leads them into a room near the stairs, slowly going inside, cringing at the sight of spiderwebs and dust everywhere

Ronnie leads them into a room near the stairs, slowly going inside, cringing at the sight of spiderwebs and dust everywhere. Trying her best to stay clear of touching anything. 

"Hey, uh, Covey?" Steve breaks the silence, following her and Dustin into the room. 

"Yeah?" Ronnie replies, aiming her flashlight around.

"Could you, uh, clarify what sort of clues we're supposed to be looking for here?" Steve asks. 

"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." Dustin quotes in a British accent. 

Steve just stares at Dustin disappointedly. 

"Really Dustin, Sherlock Holmes?" Ronnie scoffs, leaving the room.

"That's great. Your cousin is a nerd." Steve insults Dustin, following Ronnie out. 

"Sherlock." Steve whispers to himself, flashing his light into a bathroom, seeing something glistening and walking in. 

He opens the air vent in the floor, picking up a glass mason jar, feeling a spider on his shoulder, jumping back and swiping himself, dropping the glass. Ronnie walks up to him just in time, stopping him from running into her in the hallway.

"Woah, what's wrong?" Ronnie asks.

"A spider." 

"What?"

 "It's a black widow." Steve answers out of breath, immediately shutting the door behind him. 

"Don't go in there." He adds. 

"Oh gross. Wait, just-"

"What?" 

Ronnie chuckles, pulling spider webs from hair from behind. "Stop moving. I got it, I got it."

"If there's a spider in there, you're never gonna find it until it lays eggs and all the babies spill out." Robin appears behind them.

"What's wrong with you?" Steve argues, "Robin, seriously." 

Robin chuckles, patting Ronnie's back as she walks past them. 

"She's got problems." Steve adds. 

"Don't we all." Ronnie mumbles, pulling out the last of the webs.

"Glad we're all friends again. Maybe after we find Vecna, kill him, save the world and stuff, maybe we can all go out or something." Steve suggests, turning his head slightly behind him. 

"You know? Me, you, Robin, Nancy, Jonathan, when he's back." Ronnie smiles behind his head. 

"Okay, all better." Ronnie announces, and Steve sighs, turning around to face her. 

"Great. Thanks." He chuckles, leaning forward, looking into her eyes. 

"I guess we should get back to the investigation." He adds, walking past her, leaving the awkward tension and she chuckles again, shaking her head, following Robin in the other direction.