Chapter Six - Miranda: The young mistress

The Black Elder's group patiently waited in the large van. He looked less concerned than anyone else. The brown Elder kept shaking furiously as he slammed his hand on his lap for the umpteenth time and said, "Black Elder, are we going to die?" The Grey Elder sent a deadly glare at him before rolling his eyes in annoyance. The Brown  Elder kept asking the same question over and over  again. The Van was with the Black Elder, the Brown Elder and the Grey Elder. The big white buses had trained men with guns. The other van in front of them had the White Elder and a driver in it. Their boss had gone out to meet with the Tigers.

"Tsk! The White Elder thinks he's more preferable in the boss' sight. I wonder how much pleads he sent to the boss to let him stay by her side. Tsk!" The Brown Elder scoffed in annoyance. The Black Elder on the other hand was eating the last wrap of his sausage. He had been waiting for  a sign but got none.
Was he mistaken?
Maybe she wasn't going to...

"Aiissh!" He threw his half eaten sausage away. The Brown Elder concluded that Old Black was angry at Old White because of what he had said about him and the boss. "Calm down, Old Black. No one can steal our boss from you. You still remain her moon, sunshine and her dearest."

The Grey Elder scowled at the Brown Elder and then turned to look at the Black Elder and said, "You don't understand her, do you?"

Heaving a sigh, the Black Elder answered, "She is much more secretive than ever." The Brown Elder interjected and spoke out too,  "It's been twenty minutes since the clash started. She hasn't requested for backup as well.." Just then, the Brown Elder paused. His gaze changed subtly. He gasped and tugged the arms of Black Elder. "What if... What if she is.. she is dead?!" 

Both the Grey Elder and the Black Elder simultaneously turned their scary gaze at the Brown Elder. Their cold gaze frightened him. He felt he had become sandwiched by their both gazes. Their gaze were piercing and terrifying. Then, the Grey Elder and the Black Elder exchanged glances. After a while, they nodded at the same time and opened the door and as well jumped out. The Grey Elder held a walkie talkie, he immediately ordered the group of solider to come out to the battle ground. The White Elder noticed something was wrong. Although, he hadn't received any notification from the boss, he came out of the van to behold a great number of mercenaries and soldier which the Black Elder had definitely called for. They obeyed the Black Elder. This was what he wanted as well - recognition, power, fame and money. He had none, but the Black Elder had it all.

"We're going out to help the boss. We have 5 minutes to finish them off... I've explained it all to you earlier.  Match on!" They nodded and left in their numbers. The White Elder walked towards the three Elders and asked, "Did you receive a notification from Boss?" The Brown Elder was about to explode in anger, when the Black Elder answered honestly, "No, we think she's in danger.."

"Think? hahaha.. Aren't you being too forward?"

"You..!" The Brown Elder was just a mile away from exploding when the Black Elder held him back.

"If anything happens to Boss, would you take responsibility for it?" This question from the Black Elder shut him up completely.
If truly the Boss was in danger, he could be killed for interrupting. The Boss better not be in danger then.

As the White Elder was left in his own world, the Black, Brown and Grey Elder left without further adieu. Seeing this, the White Elder trailed from behind.

Soon, they had reached, it was already 25 minutes, the exact time the war was meant to have ended. The mercenaries which were sent gathered with their eyes shot up in excitement and surprise. Before them were hundreds of dead men in their own blood. What surprised them the most was that their boss had a sword and a gun in her hand. Her hair which was once packed in messy bun fell over her shoulder. She looked angelic and beautiful to them all.
Did I say angelic?
She looked like a bloodthirsty beautiful woman.

The Brown Elder looked like he had seen a ghost and frightened by all he had seen, he ran over and bent his head to the ground before Miranda, and said, "Boss..." He wept, "We missed you, no, no, no, no one missed you at all.. Only I did.. I thought... I thought you had died!" He cried harder.

Miranda was left in shock. How can a full grown elderly man be crying like a child here?

"The Black Elder cleared his throat from embarrassment... "Well... Boss, you... you killed them all?"

"Yes... It was fun.. hehe" Happiness appeared as well as excitement on her face. A rare happy smile on her lips. The rest people present stared at her in shock, including the Brown Elder who felt cold water had been poured on his body. 'This was truly the Boss', he thought as he shake his head in displeasure. 

Who else except the Boss did and love weird things?

The White Elder had been silent and watched them all in anger. He badly wanted recognition too - from the Boss and everyone. He heaved a sigh and forced a smile, as he turned to the Boss and said, "Boss, are you still with Ramos?"

Everyone turned their gaze at him, including the Brown Elder who was on his kneeling position. Hearing that question, anger filled the Brown Elder's heart and he immediately stood up and faced the White Elder, "Of all thing to ask at this time... You're bothered about out boss' engagement..." The Grey Elder proceeded to speak as well, "Ramos is giving our  Boss space and time.. We all know how much he cares about the Boss."

"Tsk!" The Brown Elder scoffed, "He is trying to connect his godson with our Boss. He obviously wants to steal our Boss' position such selfish thoughts he has.."

The Black Elder said, "Brown Elder, Old White would definitely not have those evil thoughts. After all, he loves the Boss so dearly and won't dare match make her with someone he doesn't love, right Old White?" The Black Elder stared provocatively at the White Elder who gritted his teeth from anger. 

"Enough Old men! Let's head back..." Miranda intervened.

"Deep down, the name 'Ramos' was stuck in her head. Ramos... The name sounded so familiar. A slight wave-like image flashed in her head causing her head to ache badly. Before she could capture who it was, the image vanished and the pain seized as well. It was though it was mere illusion.

______________________________

At the outskirt of a city, a huge villa like a king's palace, was the only house in the large empty city. The land was bare. The villa looked so old merely from looking at it, it was obvious this house had been existing for years.

Inside the villa was polished and the painting were a bit dull. The pictures on the wall were that of a young little girl and a middle age man. And then, the only picture different was the one with a young beautiful lady on a white dress and with a sweet, beautiful, and yet charming smile on her face. 

On the couch, seated was a older man with a teacup and a newspaper in his hand. A young man in suit walked towards him to make a report. "Emperor, the young mistress caused trouble this time..."
His expression was unchanging. Taking a sip from the cup, he dropped it gently on the table and said proudly, "Well, that's her problem. My problem is whether she won or not?"
"She did... singlehandedly." The Emperor's expression wavered slightly before he composed himself . "Singlehandedly?"
"There was about hundreds of them..." Deep in thoughts, the Emperor's lips curved into a smirk. "More like my daughter.." Turning his gaze towards the man before him, he said, "Send a visit to my Miranda."
"A.. a.. again?!" He looked shocked to the bone. The last time he sent an invitation, she returned back halfdead and was in coma for two years. How then could he have the heart to send her an invitation again...

"Raymond..." The young man bowed immediately, "You've been with me since you were just a little boy and I've taught you every single thing that you need to know in business. I want you to lead with my daughter by your side. You do know all the pros and cons in my business, and I know how much you desire to be with my daughter as well... You blame yourself for what happened that year. I'm not hurting her this time, just for a chit-chat, you know.." Picking up the cup of coffee, he sipped the content slowly.

A smile appeared on Raymond's face. Having the knowledge that the Emperor chose him over his own daughter was more that enough for him. All he wanted was to gain Miranda's love and all his hard work would come to a success. With his head bowed to the ground respectfully, no one knew all the thoughts going on in his mind -  no one at all.