Chapter Twenty- eight - Leo climbed up a ladder(in love with the boss, huh?)

A young man in a large room opened his eyes in daze. His sight seemed blurred as he blinked severally, trying to process the situation before him. The room was quite spacious and spotless. Trying hard to remember what had happened before, he stood up on his feet to open the door. Just before he could open the door, it opened by itself from outside, and a figure walked right in, a familiar figure. Before he could say a word, the figure threw itself on him and began crying, "Leo, sister is... Sister is gone." Leo had no understanding of what she was saying. He was in a state of confusion. Firstly, where on earth was he? Secondly, what is... sister is gone? Eleanora took a deep breath and pulled herself from the embrace. Leo looked devasted from watching his sister cry. This was his fucking sister, Eleanora. The tough bull! Now she's... she's in so much pain... This should definately be serious. "Sister, calm down. Tell me what happened..." Eleanora raised her head slowly to behold her little brother's face. He has grown so quick. The little boy has become a man. _______________________ "That's all that happened. We haven't seen her for months and everything's is just fucked up..." Eleanora sighed in devastation, as she was seated on bed. Leo was silent- processing everything he had just heard. "Wait, so you're saying, Racheal is the main cause of all this. I mean..." He chuckled softly, "Aren't you being too much.?" Eleanora had expected this reaction from her brother.. "She's not who you think she is. She's ruining our family, okay?" Leo wasn't ready to believe anything at all. All she was spewing sound absurd and weird, "Sister, Racheal is family to me. She took care of me when I was younger, okay? Although she was younger than I, she still protected me and fought for me. You expect me to believe yours words rather than her actions, that she's trying to ruin us all.?" "Look, Leo, I don't expect you to believe me, but all I'm doing right now is for your safety, our safety, okay? You're my little brother and as a sister, I will protect you.." Eleanora spoke softly. "Sister, I'm turning nineteen this year.." Leo said as Eleanora chuckled lightly, "You silly.." "Where are we?" Leo looked around and finally remember that he was in a strange room, "A safe place?" "Well, you could say that.." Eleanora replied with a smile. "What about mom and dad?" "They're home." Eleanora answered. "What the fuck, sister?! You left our parent with..." Eleanora snickered and said, "I thought you claim that your dear love, Racheal is innocent.." Leo's cheeks burnt rd as he pressed his both lips together "You... you knew?" Eleanora rolled her eyes dramatically and scoffed loudly, "Of course, you were clearly so 'in love with her'. Even mama and dad could tell." Leo mouthede 'oh' Truly, he was in love with Racheal. Racheal had been so good to him and he equally wanted to reciprocate that love back to her. He wanted to take care of her and protect her equally. He owed her so much. "Let go of that fake love. You'll find someone better." Eleanora spoke with disdain. "I can't find anyone better than her. She's the one I love and..." Before Leo could complete his statement, the door opened widely, beholding the beautiful figure which walked in. Leo felt his heart was about to burst out from his chest.
His eyes widened in amazement./ This... is beautiful! Her hair fell down her shoulder like that of an angel. Her skin was fair like snow- without any blemish what so ever. Her lips were plump and like strawberries. Her white silky dress flowed and moved gracefully as she walked. "This... This... I'm in love... with.." Eleanora couldn't hold her laughter. His expression were similar to hers when she first saw her, only that she didn't say she was in love... Instead, she appreciated her beauty. "I thought Racheal is the only woman that can move your heart, little brother.." Leo stared sternly at his sister. He internally cursed at her. How could she say this right now?! "You..! She's.. She ruined our family! How could I possibly love her, huh?!" Eleanora was quite surprised at the complete 360 degree turn that he made. "Tsk! You're so..." Heaving a sigh, she stood up on her feet and signaled for him to do the same. "Leo, meet my Boss, Miranda." She introduced, "Boss, meet my dear little brother, Leo." Miranda had the brightest smile on her face. Eleanora stared at the two in confusion. They locked gaze with each other and they both had the brightest smile on their both faces. Okay, what's going on here? Miranda pulled herself into his embrace. Eleanora: Okay, fuck the both of you! Leo was dumbfounded. This was... Unbelievable! Leo felt his heart was beating fast and faster than ever before. Was this a dream? Well, if it is a dream, tsk! I never want to wake up. Their lovely moment was cut short when two figures appeared at the door. Ramos raised his left brow in surprise and Simon let out a soft chuckle. Miranda noticed their appearance and immediately withdrew from the hug. This action made Leo a bit sad, but yeah, what could he do?

Although 'Theodora' already knew that Ramos knew fully well about her identity, so he definitely shouldn't find anything wrong with her hugging her brother. The look Ramos gave her made her quite nervous and guilty sort of.
'but this is my brother, Ramos!'

Ramos gave her the look which said, "And so what if it's your brother, this isn't your body, durh! You just seduced your brother, okay?"

Miranda took a quick glance at her brother, Leo who seemed mesmerized by her beauty.
'Okay, Ramos, you're right this time.'
"Uhn.. wha... what are you..." Eleanora was interrupted by Leo who spoke arrogantly, "Who are you guys? What are you doing here?!"
Simon answered politely, "Hi, Leo. I'm Simon, a friend of your sister."
"And so?" Leo spoke coldly, as Simon retreated with his lips pressed together.
"Hey, Be polite!" Eleanora stared coldly at Leo who rolled his eyes dramatically, "Polite my ass! Sister, what on earth are you doing with two full grownups, alone...?"
Eleanora answered with a scoff, "I'm not alone, durh."

Leo stared shyly at Miranda before turning coldly to look at his sister, "Tsk! Still you..."
Miranda interrupted and spoke softly, "Be good, big mighty Lion."
Leo's eyes were widely opened, as he stared at Miranda in both confusion and disbelief. "You... You! Wha... What did you say?"
Miranda chuckled softly and smiled brightly.
Ramos spoke immediately at that moment, "I'm Ramos, Miranda's fiancé and where you are now... It's my house. I hope we're good?"

Leo stared completely dumbfounded...
Fiancé?
"Wait... Boss, he's your fiancé??" Eleanora looked quite surprised.
Miranda sent an annoyed glance at Ramos who simply rolled his eyes. "Mhm. Well, yes."
"No, no, no.. it's not possible! How... How can you date some... someone like that?!" Leo sent a disgusted look at Ramos who looked less bothered.
"Leo!" Eleanora scolded
Leo let out a sigh and continued, "I mean, I'm not judging or anything. No hard feelings, tsk! You've got a bad taste.

SM couldn't hold his laughter anymore. He placed his hand over his mouth and chuckled lightly.
Ramos on the other hand sent a glare at SM who immediately composed himself before sending a cold terrifying glance at Leo.
"Eleanora, I'm sending your brother packing! Pack his bags, he's leaving my house this very moment!"

Miranda let out a soft laughter which made both Leo and Ramos freeze for a moment. "Honey, don't be silly." Turning to face Leo, she said, "feel at home, okay? It's just for the time being."

Ramos stared at her unblinking.
Ha, never mind anyway.
Leo's thoughts were going wild.
Of course, yes!
I'm so never returning home anymore.
This is my new home.

"Miranda, can I stay... stay with you forever?"

Ramos sent a deadly glare at him again. SM smiled softly and Miranda looked taken aback from his questions. Eleanora couldn't suppress the urge anymore... Smacking his head so hard, she said angrily, "She's my Boss, call her Boss too!"

Leo looked quite offended, but for the sake of Miranda's appearance, he was quick to forgive.
"Oh, no, Elean.. it's.."
Before she (Miranda) could complete her sentence, Leo spoke out loudly, "Boss...!!"

Miranda was speechless for a moment.
Okay, much better then.
"Let's talk business now." Miranda said with a straight face.
Ramos and SM proceeded to sit on the chairs available in the room, while Eleanora, Leo, and Miranda sat on the bed.

"Ramos, what's the situation on ground?" Miranda asked.
"Ramos looked pissed. SM bit his lower lips, as he stared at the two. Eleanora equally noticed this... She chuckled softly and smiled.
"It's quiet for now. With the look of things, it's all peaceful right now. Racheal is settled, Raymond is working underground as well. Your father's alert against any mishap. Things should end quicker than expected."
"Mhm." Miranda nodded in deep thoughts.
"Till when? What about Theo?" Eleanora asked as she stared at the two. Miranda froze for a moment. She was silent and bit her lips so hard that it almost bled. SM stared at Ramos who stared coldly at Eleanora.
"Is she alright? I hope she's safe in hiding..."
Leo added, "Don't worry, I trust sister. She's a strong one."

Their both words made Miranda's head to hurt for a moment.
I'm your sister!
I'm Theo!
Miranda really wanted to scream it out for the to hear.
As though Ramos read her thoughts, he stared coldly at her in anger.
"Look, I'm actually..." Before she could complete her statement, Ramos interrupted angrily, "You'll see her after all of this is over. When Racheal finally gets locked up, only then will you be reunited."
Miranda's eyes were fixed on Ramos.

Only then...
He was right..
Only then...
Emotions coursed in her mind, as she stared at Ramos who kept his gaze on her.
'He looks so familiar.' she thought.