Part 8

Lilith held out her hand to Elizabeth. Lilith: OK.
The result was predictable. Elizabeth got up and took Lilith's hand.
Elizabeth: It was a very good choice... Oh, by the way, the girl and boy who were with you are living and, well, they are almost fine. Some other people of your father and yourself are still alive, you can see them.

Louis and Sarah are alive! The realization calmed Lilith. So she was not completely alone.

Elizabeth: And of course, don't even think about killing me, Lilith. Because in addition to losing your support, if something happens to me, my bodyguards will come to you first.

Lilith grinned, still holding Elizabeth's hand.
Lilith: Don't scare me by your bodyguards. I am the one who mobilized everyone to kill me in hope that they might succeed if unite... but don't worry, for now we both need each other.

Elizabeth: I think I'm falling in love with you girl.
Elizabeth pulled her hand back and started walking around Lilith and placed her hand on Lilith's shoulder. Elizabeth: But let's stop threatening. We are now allies and you are going to be my right hand.
Lilith: Okay, but I still have a question. She removed Elizabeth's hand from her shoulder and turned to her.
Lilith: You are a new mafia and it seems that you are not that powerful... Why did Chris trust you for such a mission? Elizabeth laughed seductively and leaned into Lilith.
Elizabeth: Oh, well, maybe I got some help from her male hormones.
She had guessed; Chris loose element!

Although this elemental slack ended in Lilith's favor.
Lilith: I want to see my people. Elizabeth: Follow me, I will take you to them.

***

Lilith's view:

Louis: So, are you going to help Elizabeth?
Me: This is the cost of survival.
Leaning on the back of her chair, Sara tilted it a little and put her feet on the table.
Sara: But where did this Elizabeth come from? Why don't we know anything about it?
Me: I'm not sure.
I bent my neck back and tapped my finger on the table.
Me: I once heard from my father that it was as if the mistress of one of the mafias had kill him and put herself in his place. But the mafis himself was not an important person that his lover could reach somewhere... I think the difference between them is that Elizabeth is smarter than that old man. First, she raised herself by getting close to Chris, and now she wants to increase her power by keeping me alive and flourishing.

Sara: So we are going to serve her?
Me: For now, according to the enemy of my enemy is my friend, we must move forward. If Elizabeth decides to betray Chris, we will cooperate with her...let her think she is the boss for now, Blake will show himself again in time.

Louis: We shouldn't trust her.
Me: Trust? You should never trust a mafia. Especially a mafia like Elizabeth who wants to travel a hundred years overnight.
Sarah: Well, what do we do now?
Me: With those who survive, we will launch the Blossom production line.

We were silent and staring at the table. The path we were entering was dark, but it was the only path we had.

Me: Louis...George?
Louis: Probably dead, like Blake the father.
He shrugged and continued.
Louis: Just like you don't have any special feelings, I don't either...we weren't really brothers after all.

No matter how powerful Blake was, it didn't have good emotional relationships at all. All of us were actually orphans that the mafias and their people took us under their guardianship and raised us as their sons and daughters. Just as my father took me from the orphanage, George and Louie's father also took them from the orphanage and trained them to serve Blake. First, George was brought to replace him, and after taking care of me, Louis was brought by my father's order.