Part 19

The window of the room was open. The air was cool and a gentle breeze was blowing the curtains.
Lilith was sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette. The breeze was blowing cigarette smoke on her face. Lilith had decided to take it easy that day. She was wearing a black robe and didn't even have her belt on.
As the sun rose higher, the light bothered her eyes. So she closed her eyes and bent her head back.
She was strangely calm and lost track of time. She did not know how long she had been in that state.

Elizabeth: Why didn't you draw the curtains? Your eyes hurt.

Lilith opened her eyes and raised her head. Elizabeth had drawn the curtains and blocked the sunlight.
Lilith reached out to Elizabeth. Elizabeth went to her and sat on Lilith's lap.
Lilith: Maybe I wanted you to come and do this for me.

Elizabeth laughed.
Elizabeth: Wow, it looks like the exhaustion of this hunt has really made you lazy.
Lilith extinguished her cigarette in the ashtray. She pulled Elizabeth closer to herseld and kissed her neck.
Lilith: Lazy or whatever, I like it when you do something for me.
Elizabeth rested her head on Lilith's shoulder. Her delicate fingers were playing on Lilith's bare chest.

Elizabeth: Those mafias... they were all old friends and now they have to kill each other to save themselves and their families...
Elizabeth raised her head and looked into Lilith's eyes.
Elizabeth: It's a bit cruel.
Lilith brushed Elizabeth's hair behind her ear.
Lilith: Cruel?
She ran her thumb over Elizabeth's lips.
Lilith: Cruel was their plan to take you away from me.

Lilith pulled Elizabeth's top off her shoulder.
Lilith: I could have killed them all last night but...
She kissed Elizabeth's bare shoulder.
Lilith: They should have paid for their job.
She kissed Elizabeth's collarbone.
Lilith: Don't be kind to the enemy, my Liza.
Elizabeth put her hands on Lilith's shoulders.
Elizabeth: Whatever the boss says.

She pulled the sleeves of the robe down from Lilith's shoulders. Lilith helped her and removed the Rombedoschamber from her body.
Lilith: You guessed it right... that's what the boss wants now.

She laughed and wrapped her arms around Elizabeth's waist. Her fingertips caressed the skin on Elizabeth's spine. Elizabeth closed her eyes and her trembling breath spread over Lilith's face.

Elizabeth: I...your touch...I don't think I'll ever get used to them.
Lilith put her hands under Elizabeth's knees.
Lilith: You better never get used to it.
While holding Elizabeth, she got up from the sofa and went to the bed.

***
Lilith was sitting on the royal couch and crossed her legs. Sarah and Louis were standing on either side of her.
Lilith locked her fingers and stared at the man infront of herself.
Lilith: So you were able to successfully kill your friends, Bill.
Bill fisted his hand. He closed his eyes and lowered his head. His brain flashed back to the previous day.

------------
He had pointed his weapon at his friend's forehead.
The man was kneeling in front of him and panting.
Man: Really Billy?
The man raised his head and looked into Bill's eyes.
Man: I remember I was 17 years old, you were 18 years old when we started as bartenders. We used to fill the backpack with pills and distribute them after college classes. You were arrested instead of me, I was beaten instead of you...
Bill: Stop it.
The man grinned and continued.
Man: We held each other's hands and pulled ourselves up... At that time, I had no idea that one day your gun would be aimed to my head.
Bill was holding the gun with both hands. His eyes were getting warm and he could feel the tears gathering. He tried his best not to shed those tears.
Bill: I have a son...to protect.
Man: So you trust Lilith's words? Do you think it will keep you and your son alive? How are you sure you won't end up like Misa?
Bill prepared his weapon and was ready to fire.
Bill: I don't know, but this is the only chance I have.
Bill closed his eyes and shot. He felt the splash of his friend's blood on his hand. The lifeless body of the man fell on his feet.
Bill dropped the gun, holding his bloody hands over his mouth to stifle his sobs.
----------------------