Part 24

Tom was standing silently in the middle of the room. His hands were locked together and his head was down.
Lilith was sitting facing him on the edge of the table and staring at him.
The air in the room was cold.
Lilith: We had a meeting with Dallas today.
Tom's head was still down.
Lilith: And it was arranged with you to be with me...
Tom closed his eyes as his head was down.
Lilith: But you weren't!
Lilith reached out and took her weapon from the table.
Lilith: Really Tom?
Tom did not dare to raise his head and look at Lilith. Lilith Blake was the scariest thing he had ever seen in his entire life.
Lilith shot to the ground, inches from Tom's feet. Tom jumped back a few meters in terror. What was stopping Lilith Blake from putting the next bullet in his foot? Nothing!
Lilith: Look at me.
Tom raised his head with a pause, shivering. He was terrified. He felt that the room was getting colder.
Lilith: You weren't so you could hang out with your girlfriend.
Lilith came down from the table.
Lilith: Should I consider this a clear disobedience?
Tom shook his head vigorously.
Tom: N...no...
He raised his hands and shook his head.
Tom: Disobedience no...no...I wanted to come...Julie...but Julie needed me.
Lilith took a few steps closer to Tom.
Lilith: So it's going to be like this? Whenever your little girlfriend calls you, are you going to run to her? Disregarding my orders?
All the hair on Tom's body stood on end.
Tom: No...it won't happen again.
Lilith: Good.
Lilith took a few steps to reach Tom. She took his chin between her fingers and pressed hard.
Lilith: Because I don't like to feel that someone is in my way, you know how my morals are.
Tom put his hand on Lilith's hand and opened and closed his eyes rapidly. When Lilith looked at him from this distance, he felt that the devil itself was staring into his eyes.
Lilith let go of Tom's chin.
At the same time, there was a knock on the door and Louis entered.
Lilith: You can go Tom.
Tom was dry for a few moments and then quickly left the room and closed the door behind him. Lilith turned to her desk.
Lilith: What's wrong, Louis?
Louis: Guys found something around the house.
Lilith sat on a chair and put her feet on the table. Louis went towards her but he noticed a black dot on the floor of the room.
Louis: Lilith! Did you shoot the ground again?
Lilith: come on, Louis... tell me what you found.
Louis nodded with trouble.
Louis: Realizing that someone has been wandering around the house for a few days. He changed his appearance, but apparently he was an amateur and guys could identify him.
Lilith: So who is it?
Louis: Detective Decker, a 31-year-old detective. He has been transferred to Interpol for about a year and a half.
Lilith: And why is he watching us? Has a court order been issued to us?
Louis: No, our spies didn't say anything.
Lilith grinned, like it was game time again.
Lilith: Take care of him. I want to know everything about it; Even the type of sandwich he eats.
Louis: Sure.
Louis left the room.
Lilith lit a cigarette and put it on the corner of her lips. A detective? She blew out the cigarette smoke.
Lilith: Okay detective, let's see who wins.

***

There was a knock on the door and Decker entered.
Detective Decker: Did you have anything to do with me, sir?
Choi removed the tea glass from his mouth and put it on the table.
Detective Choi: Yes...I have good news for you.
Decker approached the table curiously and looked at the file.
Detective Choi: You should interrogate Lilith Blake.
Decker's eyebrows shot up.
Detective Choi: Dallas was attacked and is now in the hospital. As one of the people he has been in contact with lately, Lilith Blake is one of our suspects...you can do her interrogation.
Decker excitedly jumped up and down and shook his fist in the air.
Detective Decker: Yes, yes...finally.
Detective Choi: Okay, calm down now...she's in the interrogation room. Go.
Choi gave the file to Decker. Decker paid his respects and left the room.
While reading the file, he went to the elevator. He could not control his excitement and had a strange euphoria.
He reached the interrogation room, took a deep breath and tried to hide his laughter.
He pulled down the handle and opened the door.
Hearing the sound of the door, Lilith raised her head and looked at the young man with an indifferent face.
Decker felt himself dry up. So she was Lilith Blake? He had never seen anyone with such a cold look. Her look was such that Decker felt that she was piercing his head.
Lilith, just as indifferent, took her gaze from the young detective and stared straight ahead.
With Lilith Blake's gaze removed, Decker felt he could breathe easier. He took a deep breath, entered the room and closed the door behind him. He no longer needed to try to hide his laughter and excitement, it was all gone.
Decker walked over to the table and sat right across from Lilith. Was the room really cold or did Decker feel cold because of the way Lilith Blake was giving off?
Detective Decker: Lilith Blake?
Lilith stared into the man's eyes.
Lilith: Detective Decker?
Did Lilith know him? Decker decided not to pry.
Detective Decker: Do you know why you are here?
Lilith: No.
Detective Decker: You are suspected of attempting to murder Dallas. where were you yesterday.
Lilith: My son's girlfriend's shop. Detective Decker: Do you have children? Did you get married?
Lilith: stepSon.
Decker took a breath. He felt that the interrogation of Lilith was going to be more difficult than he imagined.
Detective Decker: So you know Dallas?
Lilith: Yes.
Detective Decker: How do you know him?
Lilith: I had a deal with him.
Detective Decker: Did you deal with someone suspected of smuggling diamonds?
Lilith: Proved?
Detective Decker: Yes?
Lilith: Has it been proven that he smuggled diamonds?
Detective Decker: No... but well...
Lilith interrupted Decker.
Lilith: So I only had a deal with a merchant.
what happened now? The situation went as if Lilith was interrogating Decker.
Decker closed his eyes for a moment and tried to concentrate. The purpose of this interrogation was not to find the killer of Dallas, but to trap Lilith Blake. So the interrogation process should have been changed.
Detective Decker: As a businesswoman just turning 30, you have a lot of wealth.
Lilith: Because I am a smart businesswoman. Just like my father and my father's father.
Decker's eyes sparkled. Finally, Lilith fell into the trap.
Detective Decker: Oh, your father...
Decker pretended to flip through the file.
Detective Decker: It seems that your father was killed in a fight with some mafia. Why?
Lilith put her hands on the table and leaned forward.
Lilith: Because the police are too weak to protect the citizens, the mafias walk around and kill people easily.
Detective Decker: And you disappeared for five years and you were found and you took everything.
Lilith: I was hide from my father's enemies and for the sake of being alive. Because I was sure that just as the police could not provide my father's safety, they cannot provide my safety either.
Lilith leaned on the chair and crossed her arms. Again, the interrogation process was out of Decker's control and this time Lilith was easily blaming everything on the police. Decker felt that he saw a smirk on the corner of Lilith's lips.
Detective Decker: It's interesting, you came back after five years and when you came all those mafias were dead.
Lilith: Oh really? So it's like karma caught them.
Decker laughed nervously.
Lilith's coolness made him nervous. She answered all of Decker's questions without changing her mood and confused Decker to choose the next question.
Detective Decker: Karma?...can't say for sure. We are not sure if they were mafia and since they are very dead now, we cannot interrogate them to be sure.
Lilith raised her eyebrows.
Lilith: Not sure?
She leaned towards the table again.
Lilith: You are not even sure who was innocent and who was guilty and even what was the cause of the conflict and yet you are interrogating me? Detective, you should know better than me, this process is wrong. However...
Lilith locked her fingers together.
Lilith: You yourself said that I am a suspect for the murder of Dallas, and I answered your question. So I don't think there's anything left to say... and since you're not sure of anything, I imagine that I can go.
Decker angrily closed the file that was open in front of him. She was right, he had no reason to keep her. He couldn't believe that he was going to lose this great opportunity like this without having achieved anything special.
Lilith slightly bowed her head and looked at Decker.
Lilith: Detective?
Decker closed his eyes and almost whispered.
Detective Decker: You can go.
Lilith got up from her chair with a smile.
Lilith: nice job, detective.
Decker did not react.
Lilith left the room without another word.