Part 9

6 months later, the narrator's point of view:
Elizabeth smocked her cigarette and went to the window. The man who was in her room was reading a series of numbers and statistics from a piece of paper that Elizabeth couldn't focus on at all. She stood by the tall window and stared at Lilith and Louis who were practicing in the yard. She leaned on the window frame with her hand on her chest and kept her cigarette in the corner of her mouth.

Man: Miss?

She blew out her cigarette and spoke without looking out of the window.
Elizabeth: Say it brifely.
Man: The profit we got from the sale of the tear in this half of the year was much more than we expected.

Tear was a substance that was made with the help of Blossom and Lilith and it made Elizabeth incomparable.

Man: The production of the new cargo has been completed, it is going to be loaded tomorrow for America.
The man moved his glasses a little and stared at the papers again.
Man: And it was exported abroad much sooner than I thought.
Elizabeth turned on her heel and went to her desk. She extinguished her cigarette in the golden ashtrays.
Man: And of course a request from... Elizabeth: That's enough for now.

She sat on the chair.
Man: But how many days has he been waiting and...
Elizabeth: I said enough for now.

Man understood that the situation was not good. It wasn't common to hear  Elizabeth's raised voice. She usually moves everything with her quiet voice, like a snake biting from under a bush.

Man: I'm so sorry... I'll leave you alone.
Man quickly left the room.
Elizabeth lowered herself into the chair, leaned her head back and closed her eyes. A few seconds had not passed when the door to the room sounded again.

Elizabeth: Who is it again?
Lucas: Me, Lucas.
Elizabeth: Come in.
Lucas entered.

Lucas was the most reliable person for Elizabeth, who helped her get rid of the old man who owned this organization.
Elizabeth: What happened?
She was still sitting on the chair with her eyes closed.
Lucas walked over to the table.
Lucas: You ignored the reports and kicked him out, what exactly is this mess about?

Elizabeth opened her eyes and leaned forward.
Elizabeth: I don't know, maybe it's because you informed me that the cargo will probably be attacked tomorrow morning!
Lucas crossed his arms.
Lucas: You killed your Sugar Daddy to get his throne, you betrayed Chris to get the blossom and you were always calm...
He grinned and leaned forward in return.
Lucas: Now you're telling me that you got nervous because of a ridiculous attack that is a routine of mafia transaction?

Elizabeth closed her eyes and nervously pressed the tips of her index fingers on her temple.
Elizabeth: I don't want them to get the tear !
Lucas: Well, get it, once and the last thing they can do is to sell it and make a profit. But they can't steal the formula and produce it themselves... the truth is that even we can't produce it without Lilith Blake.
Elizabeth hit the table with the palms of both hands, got up from the chair, and the force of her movement caused the chair to swing back and finally fall to the floor. Lucas was staring at Elizabeth with wide eyes and took a few steps back.

Elizabeth: You seem to have forgotten that Lilith wants to lead this operation! So, if they get it, they can actually get the blossom formula.
Lucas: We have a backup plan, if the situation gets complicated, we will go in and finish the fight.
Elizabeth: And what if something goes wrong in this backup plan?
Elizabeth moved and came out from behind the table.
Elizabeth: What if you're late and they get to tear and Lilith?

He stood facing Lucas and tapped his chest with the tip of her finger.
Elizabeth: What then, Lucas?
Lucas: This is the first time you are doubting my plans... Is it about Lilith? Elizabeth: Of course, the problem is Lilith! Do you know what I risked by keeping her alive? If I lose her, all my plans will be lost, and besides, the rest of the mafia will find out that I lied and kept Lilith alive! What should I do then?

Elizabeth's voice was getting louder every moment. Lucas' surprise slowly gave way to a grin.
Lucas: Yeah, well, you're right to be worried. You risked a lot for her.
He bent down and whispered softly in Elizabeth's ear.
Lucas: But this state is not just about worrying about the formula of tear and blossom or exposing yourself to the rest of the mafia.
Lucas stood straight and looked into Elizabeth's eyes. This time Elizabeth's look was confused.
Elizabeth: What do you mean?

Lucas: It doesn't matter.
He took a few steps back and continued.
Lucas: My plan has been calculated. Worrying about Lilith...oh sorry, don't worry about the blossom and the tear formula.
Elizabeth: It's better that your plan is really calculated.
Lucas put his hand on the door handle and opened the door.
Lucas: Don't worry.
He came out of the room and closed the door behind him.
His guess was right and every day that passed, he became more sure. This situation could be very dangerous.

***

Lilith checked her gun and put it in her belt. She stood facing the tall mirror in her room. The length of her hair reached her shoulders.
Lilith: Getting long.
Louis turned to her.
Louis: Hmm?
Lilith ran a hand through her hair.
Lilith: Get long, I have to cut them short.
Louis: You really have important concerns before the operation.
Both laughed out loud.
Louis put his weapons in the harness holster tied to his body and put on his leather jacket.

Louis: I'm going to meet Sara and the other kids in the parking.
Lilith: Go, I'll be there in a few minutes.
Louis nodded and left the room.

A few minutes after Louis left, there was a knock on the door. It must not be Sara or Louis, because they don't knock. Lilith: Come in.

The door opened with a pause and Elizabeth's figure was revealed in the door frame. Lilith looked at Elizabeth through the mirror that was facing her.
Elizabeth: You are ready.
Lilith: Wasn't I supposed to be ready?
Lilith took the leather jacket from the chair, put it on her hand and turned to Elizabeth. Elizabeth was silent and stared at Lilith from head to toe. Lilith raised her eyebrows in surprise.
Lilith: Do you have anything to do? Elizabeth: Do you really want to go there yourself?
Lilith: Don't worry about your blossom formula, I'll win.

Lilith bent down and took a mask from her desk drawer. The mask was made of hardened black leather, it covered her entire face and only her eyes were empty. The mask was decorated with red lines designed to look like multiple wounds.
Lilith picked up the mask and showed it to Elizabeth.
Lilith: Don't worry about getting exposed, this mask is not going to fall off my face. Louis and Sarah also have masks. No one knows that Lilith Blake and her people saved Elizabeth's cargo.

Lilith put on her mask, put on her coat and looked at Elizabeth who was still silent and looked at her.
Lilith: Well... I have an operation to attend to. When I come back, we can continue this staring game.
Lilith walked towards the door. She wanted to pass by Elizabeth when her arm got stuck between Elizabeth's outstretched fingers.
Elizabeth: Stay alive.

Lilith turned her head and stared at Elizabeth's eyes from her shoulder.
Elizabeth: If it was necessary, drop the cargo, but survive and return.
Lilith put her hand on Elizabeth's hand and tried to remove it from her arm.
Lilith: Your concern for the long-term investment you made on me is acceptable...
She removed Elizabeth's hand from her arm but held it and pulled Elizabeth a little closer to herself.

Lilith: But you are too worried Liza...
Elizabeth, as if paralysed, did not move. She was staring at Lilith like a distorted. Lilith touched Elizabeth's cheek with her other hand and if she felt it right; she felt Elizabeth shivered at her touch.
Lilith smiled at Elizabeth, parted from her, and hurried out of the room.
Elizabeth was staring at Lilith's empty place.

♤♤♤
Okkkkk...
wait for the next part🌚
Thanks for voting and commenting.