Part 23

Louis: Dallas is waiting in the main hall.
Lilith nodded and looked at Louis and Sarah.
Lilith: Where's Tom?
Louis: I don't know...
Lilith frowned and looked at Sarah.
Sarah: I didn't find him. No matter how many times I called him, he did not answer.
Lilith: But today's program was already told to him, why shouldn't he be here?
Lilith was angry. Tom had disobeyed her order very easily and it had been a long time since that had happened.
Louis and Sara quickly noticed Lilith's anger and knew that it could have serious consequences for Tom.
Lilith: After meeting with Dallas, we'll take care of Tom.
Without another word, Louis opened the door for Lilith and the three of them left.

***

Detective Decker stormed into the anti-smugglimg department.
Detective Decker: Detective Choi, Detective Choi...
He opened the door of detective Choi's room violently and threw himself into the room.
Detective Decker: Dete...
Detective Choi got up from his chair and slammed his hand on the table.
Detective Choi: Decker! It is better for you that this noise has a valid reason.
Detective Decker: Yes, sir.
Decker quickly went to the table and placed some papers on the table.
Detective Decker: Look here, Dallas came into town today and guess where he went? He immediately went to Blake's mansion...
Choi sat back in the chair.
Detective Choi: Who is Dallas?
Detective Decker: Huh?... Oh right, he...
Decker pulled out a piece of paper from among the papers he had brought.
Detective Decker: A big head from South Africa. They suspect him of smuggling diamonds, but they haven't found any evidence. Anyway...
Decker stood straight and waved his hands excitedly.
Detective Dekker: An important smuggler came here from the other side of the world, went straight from the airport to see Lilith Blake, stayed there for a few hours and then went to the hotel.
Decker tapped his index finger on the table.
Detective Decker: They are definitely doing something.
Choi put his elbows on the table and locked his fingers together.
Detective Choi: Hmmm, really interesting...
Decker crossed his arms confidently and smiled.
Detective Choi: And the most interesting thing is that...
Detective Choi narrowed his eyes and carefully looked into Decker's eyes through his clenched fingers.
Detective Choi: How did you get this detailed information? Because as far as I know, Lilith Blake is not under surveillance.
Decker's eyes widened, his confident demeanor disappeared and he gave way to stress.
Detective Decker: That's right...um...she...
Decker put his hand behind his back and locked his fingers together with stress. Without changing his expression, Detective Choi was still staring intently at Decker.
Detective Decker: Well, actually...I can explain it.
Detective Choi: Okay, then explain it.
Decker swallowed. His Adam's apple moved up-down and took a deep breath.
Detective Decker: Well...it happened, that is...
Choi got up from his chair, placed his palm on the table, leaned forward slightly and exhaled.
Detective Choi: So you were spying on Lilith Blake without a warrant.
Detective Choi came out from behind the desk and went to Decker.
Detective Choi: Decker, Decker, Decker...
Decker took a few steps back and raised his hand.
Detective Decker: It sounds bad when you say it like that, but I actually spied for a good cause.
Choi nervously closed his eyes and pressed them together.
Detective Choi: Would you like to go to the Archives department again?
Decker's eyes widened.
Detective Decker: No, not at all.
Decker hurried back to the door.
Detective Decker: I will not interfere from now on... Goodbye!
Decker left the room and closed the door behind him. Choi ran a hand through his hair.
Detective Choi: Stupid young man!

***

Louis held the car door and held his hand for Lilith.
Lilith took Louis's hand and got off with his help. She was wearing a black suit with black heels.
She looked at the sweet shop.
Louis: Right here.
Lilith put on her sunglasses.
Lilith: Let's go.
They went to the sweet shop and entered.
The shop had a warm atmosphere. The overall theme was brown, which made people feel more relaxed. A few tables and chairs were arranged and the smell of sweets and all kinds of hot drinks filled the space.
Lilith turned her head and looked around. She noticed Tom sitting in a chair with his back to the front door. He was facing a young girl and they were both drinking and eating cake. Lilith guessed that she was Julie.
Julie raised her head and noticed the arrival of new people. She hurriedly put the cake in the dish and got up from the chair.
Julie: You are very welcome.
Julie went towards them and her companion, Tom turned back, but his color paled when he saw Lilith and Louis.
The arrival of Lilith could not be good news at all, and certainly Telm did not want a murderer near his girlfriend.