Chapter 2: Turmoil

You stare in awestruck at the simian casually laying on a fluffy cloud with his hands behind his head, and back scratcher held in his tail using it as a third limb. He pries an eye open to you. He sighs as he sits upright. "Are you just gonna sit there and stare at me? Not that I mind but ya know at least compliment or swoon over me. It's kind of creepy being stared at for too long." You bashfully turn away as he reminds you about manners.

"O-oh, I'm sorry. I-its just that I can't believe you're real." Sun Wu smirks as he finally receives the exact response whenever he meets a fan. His ego boosts ten folds knowing his past deeds grant him everlasting praises. "You're also the one who saved me, I take it?" He nods in acknowledgment. It makes you feel ashamed for not saying something earlier. He was right to call you out otherwise you would still be star-struck over the monkey all day. You were just processing the fact that a legend of the great Monkey King is real. All of his heroic acts during his journey led him to become a ray of hope to all. That hope meant that anything is possible, including magic. The fact alone lapses into your empathy. It's far more unusual than what you've researched. There is nothing about seeing hints of colors around a person to be normal. Of course, you already accepted your empathy is supernatural, yet there has been no clear evidence of the paranormal.

Sun Wu clears his throat, snapping you back to reality. You send an apologetic smile for blanking out again. "Ya do that a lot around people?" He asked. You hang your shrink in your seat ruefully. "Aha...I'll take that as a yes."

"Mr. Monkey King, sir?" The name made said simian scrunch his nose. He's heard plenty of odd nicknames, but coming from you didn't sound appealing. "Why did you save me?" You proceeded.

He cocks a brow, "Well, I was in the neighborhood, and I saw you struggling to climb out of impending doom so I said "what the heck", and here we are." By the sound of his tone, you knew he was being cheeky. You realize how stupid you made yourself sound rather than giving a proper explanation.

"Sorry, maybe I should have been specific. I meant, why did you decide to save me, and then take me to your home. Why show yourself to me?" You queried.

"Ah, well ya see, my friend is partly to blame for your crash. When he told me about what he did, I had to take responsibility on his behalf." You tilt your head confused.

"Your friend?" On cue, an albino monkey from last night jumps on your lap. They say hello and chatter as if apologizing. They hang their head regretfully to which you comprehend his intention. "It's alright, little guy. It's water under the bridge. You didn't run away. That's what's important." You scratch it's cheek earning a cute purr from him. Had you been paying attention to Sun Wu, you would notice him pouting. The monkey gifts you a flower which you accept. The albino runs off with it's friends leaving you alone with the King.

You fiddle with the patch over your head becoming aware of the bandages across your body. They weren't as secure as you'd like them to be, but at least the king made knew what he was doing. Your obliviousness knew no bounds remembering the time of day when the sun started to blind you. "Oh gosh!" You squeaked. "H-how long have I been out?"

"Half a day," Sun said nonchalantly. Your face turns pale as you shoot to your feet in a panic. "Lin! She must be freaking out." You race out of the cave into the jungle ignoring Sun Wu's calls. As soon as you reach the end of the tunnel, you come across the sea, guarded by a ring of molten lava. Your jaw drops as you fall to your knees. Distraught to be far away from home. "I tried to tell you that we are not in the city." Sun Wu squats next to you, staring at the horizon. "We're in Flower Fruit Mountain." Flower Fruit Mountain, is the origin home of where Sun Wu came to be. You remember the lore Lin told you when you first moved in. You weren't that big on history so you knew little about him. "Not to worry, I can fly you home."