Chapter 13: When tragedy struck

You sat on the rooftop of MK's apartment, rubbing your lips in a daze. After Macaque split, you went on a midnight stroll to contemplate. Your trail led you to the Ramen Shop. Even when you're lamenting, the subconscious is reaching out to your friends for help. You've come a long way from solitary to being open.

"Sorry I took so long." The brunette joins you hiding his hands in his pockets. "I had to clean up a mess and got distracted." You shake your head and assure him it's okay. "So, what were you doing wandering so late?" You tell him about Macaque and the past interactions including the farewell kiss. "He did what? And you let him get away with this?"

"Of course not!" You retaliated. "He caught me off guard before I could interrogate him." You recollect the feeling of his body pressed against yours as you melt into his kiss. Why did your body betray you? Have you been caught up on Sun Wukong that you projected onto Macaque? You don't know. What you do know is you've been unknowingly harboring something for Macaque, similar to the early stages of a crush.

'I'm so pathetic for having a crush on anyone who comes in contact with me. Specifically mystic people.' Your eyes shift to MK. 'Wait, MK has mystic powers and so does Red Son. I don't feel anything for them or the team. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic for monkeys?'

You sigh in defeat. There is no solution to what you feel only that it exists. "I can't say I don't like him either." You admitted. "I don't know where it came from, but it might be that I miss Sun."

MK is astonished, confused even. "Does that mean you're considering Macaque?" Your silence speaks volumes. "Seriously? The guy has it out for the Monkey King who by the way is your best friend. How do you think he'll react?"

"Macaque has it's reasons that I can't say because it's not my place." You retorted. "As for Sun, I don't think he'll react at all because it's not like he cares about me romantically."

MK's blood boils hearing your ignorance. "He loves you (Y/N)!" It's your turn to be shocked. "He loves you, but he's afraid. Given how he has responsibilities I can see why."

You both sit quietly letting the information sink in. The newfound information brings things into perspective. Prior, you were willing to lean on Macaque due to his confession. Now the bar has raised and you're stuck in the middle. MK is guilty of dropping a heavy load on you when you have enough on your plate.

"I'm sorry." MK started. "I didn't want you to believe the Monkey King doesn't love you. I mean, you two act lovey dovely without a label. I thought it was obvious."

"I tend to overlook what's under my nose, and he said he wasn't interested in any romance." You said.

"I thought so too until he told me the truth." He raises his head to the night sky. "He has his reasons too. Look, whatever you want to do I'll be right behind you."

"Thanks."

You hear a low barking noise and turn to MK squirming in his seat. "Do you have a dog?"

"N-no." You squint your eyes, intimidating him into sweating profusely. "Alright, I do have a dog." He pulls out his hands. His left is a pug's head and the right is a mop. "I started the seventy-two transformations~" He chimed. "Almost."

"I don't know if I should be proud of disturbed." You scrunch your face at the pug.

"I'm working on it. I was planning on calling up everyone and telling them."

"At three in the morning? I don't think-and you're already calling them up, aren't you?" MK immediately calls Mei and the others to meet him on the rooftop without bothering to listen to you.

After MK introduced his new powers, he asked the team for a training session in the desert to avoid any unnecessary destruction. Mei and MK quickly went to work while Pigsy provided sustenance. The warm environment induced sleep. Now that your thoughts were at ease, there is no better time than to crash on Sandy's couch.