Chapter 43: Pigsy

Several chapters later, you end up in a swap where Tang ends up wrestling an alligator. However, he breaks free and uses the opportunity to outrun it deep into the woods. You plop a seat on a log to catch your breath while coming to terms with the fact warping is an unsafe method of travel without practice; and you're positive it's Tang's first time. "Dang! I had a really good feeling about this chapter." M.K. started. "I mean, pigs love mud puddles."

"That's it! This Tang has had it. We've been through a bajillion chapters of Monkey King's Journey to the West and I feel we're no closer to finding Pigsy, Sandy, or Monkey King." He's right. The entire hunt has been nothing if not a rollercoaster. There hasn't been any leads as to the boy's whereabouts. You haven't sensed Sun throughout the ride. At this point, it's like chasing one's tail. "I'm tired, my feet hurt and I've had this thing attached to me since I visited the chapter with the snake village." Tang rolls his sleeve up revealing a snake attached to his arm. You assist in removing the creature from it's prey.

"Ah, don't be like that, Mr. Tang. It wasn't so bad. Those snake lady demons were pretty friendly." M.K. said.

"They tried to eat me!"

"It's not our fault you look so sweet." Mei teased.

Tang takes a seat beside you and let's out a heavy sigh, "I just wish we can find our friends and go home."

You frown, relating to the guy. You miss your lovers. If Macaque were with you, he would coil his tail around your waist, pull you close to whisper words of encouragement. Out of the two, he is always the one you go to for a unique perspective. He also has a gentle touch that can wash away even the most stubborn thoughts. Despite that, you're more worried about your friends, and Wukong. As long as one mystic monkey is safe, there is hope.

M.K. rests his arm on Tang's shoulder and consoles him, "ok, I'm totally hearing your concerns and look, I get it. Learning to use your new powers is hard. Trust me, I know." If anyone can comprehend being the underdog it's M.K. Although the next part throws you in for a loop. "I just think that maybe, and don't be afraid by what I'm about to say, maybe if you spent a little less time complaining and a little more time thinking then we might have found our friends by now?" You're in utter disbelief he would heedlessly press Mr. Tang when he has restlessly worked himself to the bone.

Annoyed, Tang retaliates, "hey! I'm following these vague instructions from this mysterious Azure Lion perfectly." He whips out the scroll from his stash. "We should have found someone by now. What did Azure Lion tell you exactly?" You know the answer to that one. You glance at M.K. who recounts the story. "What?" Tang croaked. "B-but I'm not learned in the mystic arts. I'm a cram before the exam kind of guy. I can't even use my powers when I want to."

"Which is exactly what I was advocating but was shut down. He's is a novice. He hasn't had enough training to level to monk Sanzang." You alleged.

"You did? It must have slipped my mind." Irritated, your eye twitches from M.K's aloofness. You gather the trip is starting to get to you too if you're becoming upset toward the brunette.

"Anyway!" Mei interjected. "You better get cramming, cram boy. Tang growls under his breath before taking his leave.

Perplexed, M.K. hollers, "hey! Where do you think you're going, young man?"

"To get cramming. Apparently." He retorted.

"Sheesh! Why is he so cranky?"

"He's probably just Tangry." Mei quipped. "Ya know when your Tang gets so hungry he-"

You shoot to your feet aplled. You meet their gazes with a stern one. The joke was the final straw. You have to speak up. "It's astonishing how you two manage to fool around in the middle of a crisis." Perplexed, they tilt their heads. "All day you've been on Mr. Tang's case without bothering to consider how he feels."