Chapter 5: Be my sensei

"Sun Wukong." The name perks the Monkey King's ears. "That is your name isn't it?" The simian sweats profusely, expecting a reprimand.

"Yeah, what of it?" His voice wavers. You march over to him in a foreboding way, hiding your expression. Your tracks stop in front of the apprehensive male and reach out to shake his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." You beamed. "I had no idea the Monkey King even had a name. I only ever hear your title when I hear your story." Sun Wukong drops his shoulders, and he exhales a breath he was holding.

"Oh...um... yeah! Of course, I have a name. People tend to know my achievements by the alias given to me." It's clear the ape is regressing to his former self, and although he enjoys being the center of attention, he illustrated modesty in between his boasting. His confidence is envy you wish you to one day attain.

"I was going to ask why you haven't told me before, but if my memory serves me correctly, we haven't introduced ourselves." You are right. In the time shared, names were not exchanged. Sun had not bothered to inquire as he simply accepted your existence calling you by whatever struck his fancy. Thus, an introduction is an order for it is the foundation of every relationship starting with a bow. "I'm  (Y/n)." The Monkey King heartedly acknowledges with a bow.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/n)." He cooed. Your name rolls off his tongue like honey. It sounds fitting to say. He could chant to it tirelessly. Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, you proceed with your initial plan of giving him a stern talk starting by pinching his cheek.

"Why were you so rude to MK? He looks up to you, ya know?" You nagged. Sun Wukong rubs his aching cheek disoriented from the abruptness.

"Ouch! Give me a break, it's my first time mentoring. There isn't exactly a manual." He retorted. You hold your hips vexed by the excuse. You aren't easily convinced what he said is valid.

"There is no reason to be impolite to a stranger." You argued. The monkey groans hating the direction of the conversation. He dares to walk away after summoning his cloud.

"I was trying to tell the kid that he can easily take care of D.B.K. Remember that his powers make him invincible. That makes him an indestructible force. He'll be alright." His insane logic fails to stand to reason in your eyes. How would a novice know what to do with no training? Did he expect the brunette to win by improvising magically? The more you ponder, the more annoyed you get, rattling your brain to make sense.

"MK is not you. He doesn't know your former enemies' weaknesses. Half the damn time he doesn't know what he's doing. He can't be thrown into the deep end and expect results no matter how powerful he may be." Sun shoots you a deadly glare that sends a chill down your spine. He hoists you onto his cloud, flying you somewhere you haven't a clue. Irritation is written on his face. Whatever you spouted triggered the man.

"Is that how you feel about your so-called " friend"?" He started. "Do you frequently base everything on their deficiencies, just as you do on yourself?" The sudden shade strikes harder coming from him. You couldn't defend yourself even if you wanted to because he's right. Your concern surfaces from the lack of faith in your peer. You clench your fists in shame. "I know the kid will succeed if he puts his mind to it. I've watched him dive into danger for the sake of others regardless of not having a plan." It's true. Throughout the journey, not a single sign of fear was found. MK was level-headed and acted while his friends blindly followed him like a leader. "He may not have the skills, but his will to fight is the real key. Nothing is going to stop that ball of optimism from saving the world." Sun Wukong's demeanor switches. There is a fiery passion in his eyes.

Up ahead, explosions echo on the horizon where a kaiju-mech battle takes place. In the blink of an eye, MK manages to defeat the Demon Bull King postponing his advances. The demon's family appears out of thin air to whisk him away. And just as they came, they vanish from the battlefield. Your colleagues cheer victoriously for MK. You're glad that you have been proven wrong, and relieved that MK will do fine in the future. "Ya see that? He has the makings of a great hero." Sun pointed out.