Chapter 21: The Plan

Pigsy drapes a blanket over your frame while Tang hands you a cup of water. You thank them for their kindness. "How is ya feeling?" Pigsy started.

"Better." You replied.

It's Tang's turn to ask, "what was happening to you?"

"There were emotions swarming, my body couldn't contain them. Macaque's wavelength was draining, and overlayed by Mei's rage proved difficult." You said staring at your reflection in the cup. "I'm not strong enough to wield my powers even with my training."

"Right now, things are tough, but I know you can do it." Pigsy preached. You smile half-heartedly at his encouragement as Sandy hops in the van, ready to embark after thoroughly inspecting the vehicle. Sadly, his work was for naught when a random pitfall sinks the van in an underground sanctuary. All passengers eject from their seats except for the driver. You plopped on Tang and apologized.

"No! My T.E.A. Why do I break what I love?" Sandy sulked. "Not to worry, guys. I can have it fixed in twenty to forty-eight hours."

"Forty-eight hours? We gotta find Mei now?" Pigsy protested. Your thoughts exactly. By that time it would be far too late.

"Guys, look." You scan the room upon Tang's proposal, marveling at what could be a library. Paintings and gold monuments dedicated to the heroes.

You lay eyes on Monkey King in his youth to which Pigsy asks, "is that Monkey King?"

"I believe so." You replied.

"This must be the ancient holdings for the writings of the great Monk Tang Sanzang." Tang deduced. You're glad to have a history buff with you. You wouldn't have a clue as to what anything is. At the same time, you're learning more about Wukong than hearing it from his lips.

"Ok, maybe I'm crazy but those are us, right?" Pigsy motions to said statues.

"Oh, we're finally getting into it, huh? So what do you think?" Sandy pulls stacks of books and scrolls out of thin air, excitedly. "I've got some theories."

"That's a lot, big guy." You commented.

"Pigsy, what are you talking about? I've met your parents." Tang proclaimed. "These heroes existed hundreds of years ago. There's no way it could be us."

"Oh come on, Tang. A blue guy and a pig. We know Mei is a descendent of that dragon and you literally have the same name as

Tang Sanzang." Pigsy argued. "I'm telling ya, it's just too big of a coincidence don't you think?" You compare the three with the art. They are indeed uncanny as though it were fate. The logical explanation is reincarnation. It doesn't make sense as to why and where MK's purpose lies.

"Yeah, I'm with Pigsy on this. I mean, surely we found this place for a reason, right?" Sandy looks at you inquisitively. You merely shrug unsure about the magical destiny laid for them.

Tang, on the other hand, is doubtful of his that he down casts his eyes to his feet. "Compared to the great Monk, I'm not great."

You and Pigsy squeeze Tang's shoulder to keep him from belittling himself. "You're pretty great to me, Tang." Pigsy cooed.

"Yes, you're always aware, willing to stand among friends in the face of danger, and you're great at being a mediator." You agreed.

"Besides, your story ain't over. Not yet." Pigsy added glancing at the sculpture in awe with Tang.

You patiently wait for repairs, using the opportunity to meditate. The previous events have left you disoriented. You required a moment to yourself to rejuvenate if only for a few minutes. You let out an exasperated sigh, troubled about letting Wukong slip through your fingers. You raise your head to the statue of him captured perfectly down to his charming grin.