Serendipity

Author's POV

Author's POV

Amelia has been spending every evening with Jimin since they met. Most nights they spend cuddled up together, kissing while watching something that neither of them are really interested in so that they won't get distracted from each other. Jimin had already changed his hair 3 times this week and he keeps switching contacts but it didn't matter to Amelia. He'd look good in a dirty paper bag with any color hair and eyes. The last thing they watched was a historical documentary on Charles Dickens.

She was starting to wonder if she'd ever see or hear from you again outside of class. She felt a little guilty that she hadn't told you how close her and Jimin had already gotten. They hadn't had actual sex yet but they'd done everything else, almost every night since they'd met.

When Amelia showed up at Jimin's that afternoon, she was wearing cute black bicycle shorts with lace and a Panic at the Disco t-shirt she'd gotten a few years back at one of their concerts. Since Amelia was a little heavier, curvy not obese, she had opted for an x-large so it fit loosely around her. She felt like shit but she still wanted to see Jimin. He was quickly becoming her biggest source of comfort. Just hearing his voice put her at ease.

She knocked on the door and when Jimin approached she practically attacked him by wrapping her arms around him and giving him kisses all over his face and neck.

He smiled and laughed while trying to pull away from her kisses. "Baby, that tickles. I'm happy to see you too."

She smiles a genuine smile that she hadn't felt in years, or maybe ever, with a guy.

"I wanted to come see you but I don't feel too good baby." She pouted.

"Oh no sweetheart, what's wrong?" He had a genuine look of concern when he looks at her.

"I have really bad cramps and a massive headache."

"Menstrual cramps?" He asks with a straight face.

"Yeah," she answers, a bit embarrassed to admit it out loud to her new boyfriend.

"Okay baby. Do you want to stay the night with me tonight? I can take care of you. I already have everything you need and we can order takeout. We don't have to go anywhere."

She looks at him, skeptical. "Are you sure? I probably need to go get something for my head and some more tampons. Sorry," she says, embarrassed.

"You have nothing to be sorry for baby. It's natural. Besides, like I said I already have everything you need. I went the day after our first date and got tampons, Midol, a heating pad, a massaging brush, and plenty of chocolate."

"You even thought of a heating pad and a massage brush? How are you so perfect? What are you hiding from me?" She laughs. "Also, how did you know you needed all that for me?" She didn't want to sound accusatory and hoped it didn't come off that way. She was genuinely curious.