Epiphany

Time Skip - The next morning

Jin's POV

I'm the first to wake up, still laying on the bench near Hoseok. We both fell asleep by Y/N last night but she's nowhere to be seen. I'm guessing she snuck off with Yoongi sometime during the night. I'm glad Yoongi found her. She seems very sweet and perfect for him. Maybe she can keep his temper in check and help him through his bouts of depression, if she knows about them yet.

I went down to the kitchen to find that Jungkook is already awake, and by the looks of it he's nursing a hangover. He has a bottle of water in one hand and a banana milk in the other. He looks miserable.

"I'm going to make breakfast for everyone. Want to help?" He smiles and nods, eager to be of some use.

Taehyung is the next to make it in the kitchen, looking completely disheveled but grinning a wide boxy grin. "Hyung, do you need any help?"

"You can wash the dishes when we're done. Jungkook and I have breakfast, but if you want to set the table for 8 you can."

"Okay. Then I'll go wake Jimin up. You know he won't wake up on his own." Taehyung sets the table and heads off to wake up Jimin. Shortly after Namjoon comes in, followed by Yoongi and Y/N. Nobody is making eye contact with anyone except me and the air feels thick with tension. "Has anyone seen Hoseok? Last time I saw him he was sleeping next to me on the bench."

Y/N looks up, surprised. "You guys stayed on the bench all night after I left?"

"I guess we were just so relaxed with you playing with our hair. Plus, we'd been drinking. We could have slept anywhere."

"Wow," Jungkook says, frowning, "sounds like you touched everyone except me last night Noona."

I just gave him a look. "Okay, what the hell is going on here? Why is everyone in this room moping?"

"Just forget it hyung," Yoongi says. "We can all talk about it later."

Y/N speaks up. "No, Yoongi. We need to actually talk to one another. Jungkook, I'm sorry. I should have given you a better explanation last night." She gets up and wraps Jungkook in a big hug. "You're becoming one of my best friends along with Taehyung. The both of you have really been there for me and I'm never going to put that in jeopardy." Jungkook seems satisfied with her answer and the hug puts a smile on his face.

I'm really not sure what kind of soap opera I'm witnessing but I'm even more shocked when Namjoon abruptly gets up and leaves the room, leaving his breakfast untouched. Y/N looks at Jungkook apologetically, "well great, now I have to go make up with someone else. We're good right?" Jungkook nods and happily goes back to eating his breakfast. One of his best qualities is that he forgives easily.

Part of me wants to know what happened between everyone but mostly I just want to stand here and pretend I have no thoughts. They'll all come back together when it's needed.

"Do you want me to go with you babe?" Yoongi asks.

"No, I think I better handle this one alone if you're okay with it. Just remember what I told you last night, okay?" He nods and smiles at her. It reaches his eyes. It's been a long time since I've seen him smile like that. It's refreshing.

"You good?" I ask Yoongi after they leave the room.

"Never better." I actually believe him when he says it. He's usually full of sarcasm but he seems genuinely happy for the first time in a while.

"Good. I just need you to be careful around campus. It's not a rule that you can't date a student but you know how rumors spread."

He nods but doesn't say anything else. I don't want to worry him about it. It's his business but if other students or professors knew about it could cause problems. Especially since you were still enrolled in his course and receiving lessons from him.