Work; Lex💫

By 8:am I have my report on his desk

By 8:am I have my report on his desk. I see him alight from the elevator as I hurry back to my tinny office. Two things are eating me up this morning; my story is half-baked, particularly because the cops are adamant about withholding details about a possible second killer from the public least we cause a public scare, and the man about to walk past me is gradually offsetting my balance. He barely looks at me and although I can breath, there's a hint of disappointment in my very soul.
"May! Get in here." He summons and I am only too willing to respond.
I knock gently before slowly walking into his glorious office. My eyes automatically dart to his fingers, working the sleeves of his perfectly fitted shirt with intimidating motion.
"You called..." I state more than ask.
Lex gives me one short and unpleasant glance and refocuses on his shirt. He clears his throat and I am certain he is offended. I must be oogling. I can almost feel the heat on my cheeks as pain and embarrassment flood my entire system.
"20-year-old's female body discovered by the mines, police looking into the murder..." Lex states as he walks around the desk, and to the sitting area on the left side of the massive office.
"Xavier said to..." I start to explain and Lex cuts me in.
"Xavier?" He asks, crossing one leg over the other. He is intimidating and he knows it.
"The cop." I am barely audible, and I give him a moment to ask questions. He doesn't. I proceed;
"There is possibility of another killer. They do not want a public scare and so..."
"You are withholding information. I want this story straight and complete by end of business today." Oh so mighty Lex orders dismissively. I give him a slight nod and head out.
"And May?" He calls and I stop in my tracks. What now?
"You are my employee, you take orders from me. Now would you be so kind as to fetch me some coffee?"
I respond with a smile that barely reaches my eyes. "Anything else sir?"
Lex glances up at me and back at the paper in his hand, not a word. This is my cue.

Vote vote vote...and comment ❤❤
PS: you can comment about grammar and other issues or ideas, even something you like within the story. Long press a section and comment!😙
Disclaimer,  I do not own any rights to used images.  They're enhancements, an idea of what some people, things would look like.
Love y'all❤